Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
My right leg is suffering from pain. I had a operation on my left leg 3 year before on an accident. Give me a solution for this pain.
On 16th oct my wife aged 57 years slipped and felled on hipps and was having severe pain on upper side of hipps & in spine area. On next day I took her to Doctor, he prescribed medicine for five days & Xray of Dl Spine AP after 2 days of incident there is no relief in pain & swelling. Dear Doctors I am mentioning below the highlighted text of xray report and please send the medical advice urgently. 1. There is decreased vertebral body height of D11 and D12 vertebra. 2. Degenerative changes are noted in form of osteophyte formation at multiple levels. 3. Transitional vertebra is noted.
Suffering back pain fm several years. Already consult fm doctor n taken some prescription also, but cudnot get rid of. I left the same as it is n still suffering.
Hi, I am 25 year old female and have a problem of knee pain last 2 month. What should I do? please suggest.
I have Foot/heal pain. Usually its high when I will b in leather shoes even I can not stand in one position for a minute. I feel some relax in sleepers. But due to job requirement its not possible to avoid leather shoes. Please suggest some solutions.
Knee pain is characterized by a feeling of pain in the knee joint caused by injury or overuse. The knee joint consists of small bone structures, the kneecap, supporting ligaments and cartilage of the knee. This joint bears the full weight of the body, which makes it very vulnerable to injury.
Causes of knee pain
Knee pain is usually caused by injuries to the knee such as exposure to a direct force on the knee, abnormal twisting of the knee or falling on your knees. Some causes of knee pain are -
- Knee strains and sprains - Overworking the knee joints can damage the tissues of the knee joint resulting in knee sprains and strains
- Osteoarthritis - it is condition where the protective cartilage around the kneecap is damaged, resulting in knee pain
- Bursitis - Excessive movement of the knee or kneeling down for extended periods can irritate the bursa (a fluid sac below the skin above the knee joint) that causes swelling and pain, thereby giving rise to this condition
- Gout - This condition is characterized by the accumulation of uric acid in crystal form around the knee joint, causing inflammation and pain
- Tendon disorders - Tendons connect the muscles to the bones, and overworking the knee can cause the tendons around the knee to become sore and painful
- Kneecap dislocation - Injuries may cause the kneecap to shift out of its position, this causes swelling and pain in the knee joint
Symptoms of knee pain
Severe knee pain can restrict movements such as walking or standing. The symptoms vary according to the extent of the damage suffered by the knee. Most common symptoms of knee pain are problems in climbing stairs, inability to extend the knees, limping and swelling of the knee joint. In some cases, knee pain may also cause fever.
Related Tip: Three Ways to Protect Your Knees?