Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. KirtiYour feedback matters!
Hello doc actuly my age 28 is nd i m trying to concive from 7th months my period is irregular bt this time i thought i m pregenant due to late period till 40 days from my last menustral i did not get period but the next day there is a bleeding is there any hope
I am not getting regular mensuration on every month. Will I get any serious health problem because of that? And to reduce belly and to maintain the body what diet we should follow?
Hi , I am a 27 years old female. I had unprotected sexual contact on 1st July that resulted in minor cuts around the vaginal opening to which I used coconut oil for relief. Following this, on 4th july I suffered from high fever and minor urine discomfort/infection to which I used, amoxicillin, twice a day combiflam thrice a day and alkasol for three consecutive days. This brought relief from fever and urine infection. However, the fever didn't go away completely and the cuts near the vagina started causing more discomfort to which I opted for norfloxin and combiflam again on 8th july and saw a gyna on 9th july morning. I shaved my pubic hair the same morning before seeing the doctor, she advised me betadine to apply on the cuts and did not see any trace of infection so stopped all my medications. Just to mention here that I got my periods on 9th July morning as well. Now post visiting the doctor, I again had fever the same night (9th july) but felt better on 10th through the day. On 10th evening, while taking a shower I figured small pimples have popped up near the vaginal area and by the time I saw the doctor on 11 th evening, pimples were turned into boils and I had fever too. The doctor advised ciprobid (500 mg) & bcasule twice a day + combiflam thrice a day. I had high fever last night (12th) and rhe boils burst causing pain bleeding and water outburst. I have a burning feeling where the boils are and severe headache not to mention ongoing weakness. I pee in discomfort and have excreted in two days. I am on a normal regular three meal diet, no change. Please advice any other medication, change of routine to get rid of the pain and bleeding boils.
Hii maine mtp ki kit use ki h ek tab kl mrng m two tab kl evng m or two tab veginaly aaj mrng m kl raat bleeding huye or mrng m band ho gye ab bleeding kb start hogi m confused ( I have used MTP kit vaginally 1 Tab in morning, 2 Tab yesterday evening and 2 tab today morning. Bleeding happened yesterday nigh but stopped today morning.)
Hi, i want to know that fibroid tumor in uterus with heavy bleeding, can is it curable without any operation
Any kind of bleeding from the uterus, which is not normal, can be termed as abnormal uterine bleeding. This refers to bleeding between periods or before periods, bleeding after having sex, spotting, abnormally heavy bleeding or bleeding after attaining menopause. If you are suffering from any of these issues, you need to check with the doctor.
It is very important to diagnose abnormal uterine bleeding. There are several examinations and tests that have to be carried out, depending on age. For irregular spotting, a pregnancy test can be undertaken in case you think you could be pregnant. If your uterine bleeding is very heavy, a test has to be performed to check blood count. This is done to observe whether you have anemia. An ultrasound test of the pelvic region will also be advised by your doctor to know the cause of the bleeding. Several hormonal tests and thyroid function tests are required as well.
Other diagnostic tests include:
- Sonohysterography: When fluid is placed within the uterus and ultrasound images of the uterus are taken. An image of the pelvic organs is obtained.
- Hysteroscopy: It can be carried out when a device is inserted via the vagina and enables the doctor to examine the uterus internally.
- Magnetic resonance imaging: This is also used to get images of the organs.
- Endometrial biopsy: It involves insertion of a catheter to take out a tissue which is microscopically observed. Mirena is also inserted if ultrasound and biopsy is normal to control bleeding.
There are different types of treatment for abnormal uterine bleeding depending upon factors such as the cause of bleeding and the age of the patient.
- Medications: Several medicines are used to treat abnormal uterine bleeding. Sometimes hormonal medicines are used. Birth control pills are also used to improve the regularity of periods. Hormonal infections, vaginal creams and an IUD device releasing hormone can be used. Non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are also used to control bleeding. Several antibiotics may also be prescribed.
- Surgery: In some cases of abnormal uterine bleeding, a woman has to undergo a surgery for the removal of growth such as polyps and fibroids, which results in bleeding. While some fibroids can be removed via hysteroscopy, others require different techniques for treatment.
- Endometrial ablation: It can be undertaken to control bleeding. This mode of treatment aims at reducing the bleeding permanently. In case all treatment methods fail, hysterectomy has to be carried out. This is a serious surgery and after it is performed, a woman does not have periods anymore and will not be able to conceive a child.
Abnormal uterine bleeding is a serious health condition, which may lead to severe complications. Immediate diagnosis and appropriate treatment methods should be undertaken in case of any abnormal uterine bleeding. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I am 6 month pregnant what should diet I follow during this period. And I have continues pain in upper abdomen.
Can a sexually transmitted disease can be spread from one person to another while eating or drinking something or sleeping. Answer as soon as possible.
What you think about mind?
- Mind is a pot where you can keep the things which is full of sweet fragrance or bitter in taste means positive thought, strong thoughts, powerful thoughts, divine thoughts or vice versa. Accordinly lies impact on the body. If you want to balance in life need to do meditation. Meditation doesn't mean pranayam.
- Most of the diseases are psychosomatic. Therefore keep your pot free from jealous. Greed, lust, envy. Fear anger, anxiety, and past time thoughts trigger our stressors. And feel light, fee and happy. Live happy and let other be happy.