Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. KirtiYour feedback matters!
Can we make sex in the early starting of pregnancy? So many people saying its not allowed, it will be problem like that. Can any doctor make me rectify this solution please?
When we see a happy couple, we think how lucky they are to have everything going great for them. However, a lot of women are embarrassed to talk about any issues they face in the bedroom. One such problem many women deal with is vaginal dryness.
If a woman takes a moment to think about how pleasurable a natural act like sex really is, it would be fair to say that the thought of something such as vaginal dryness making intercourse any less pleasurable will almost surely cause her to shudder. The good thing is that this issue is preventable.
Why does it happen?
In order to understand to a sufficient degree how vaginal dryness can be avoided or is to be treated, a person should first understand how it is caused. Many changes take place in a woman’s body when a woman goes through menopause, and vaginal dryness could be one of the changes that occurs, along with the periods of a woman becoming quite irregular before stopping entirely. This is due to a lower amount of oestrogen being produced.
However, while it is common for a lot of women who are going through menopause to experience vaginal dryness, it is by no means true that other women, across age groups, do not experience this condition. The other causes can vary and can include complex medical conditions or even lack of enough foreplay before the commencement of sex.
When a woman is treated for vaginal dryness, it is quite common for her health practitioner to provide a prescription for vaginal oestrogen ring. This can have an effective life span of anywhere between a month to three months and also serves to provide support to the pelvic floor for a woman who does not have much muscle strength in the region.
Apart from the ring, a woman can also ask her doctor about the viability of using of a vaginal ointment instead. This cream may feel a bit messy, but at the same time, apart from the initial one to two weeks of using it on a daily basis, a woman may need to apply it only once a week or maybe three times a week over the course of the treatment, as suggested by the doctor.
A tablet form of medication can also be suggested.
I had intercourse with my husband on 16th april. And I finished my periods on 5th april. After intercourse I feel symptoms like- upset stomach. Pain in legs. Although we used condom while intercourse and it was of only 5 to 10 min. So is there a chance of pregnancy.
My friend she is having a vaginal infection. She used medicines, still she gets infection. It includes itching mostly. Can you suggest something for her?
Hi Am 27 years male, unable to tighten the pennis while inserting in vagina. Please suggest the solution so that sperm can be released.
During the natural course of events, a woman's body starts its reproductive phase with menarche and at about 50 years of age, attains menopause. This is when the reproductive function ceases and the ovaries stop producing the hormone estrogen and progesterone. This is medically termed early or premature menopause.
Menopause that occurs before 40 years of age is termed as Premature Menopause; it is due to primary ovarian insufficiency and occurs in 1% of the women. If it occurs between 45 to 50 years, it is termed as early menopause.
Causes of premature menopause: Normal ageing, family history, genetic disorders, autoimmune disorders, toxins, and surgery are some reasons that could lead to premature menopause.
Effects: Estrogen and progesterone have a lot of beneficial effects on a woman's body. Reduction in their levels leads to some of the below changes:
- Emotional changes like mood swings, irritability, and in some cases depression, especially in premature menopause.
- Irregular cycles before complete cessation of the menstrual cycles.
- General mucosal dryness leading to vaginal dryness, dry skin, dry eyes.
- There also would be urinary incontinence and reduced sex drive due to reduced hormone levels.
- For women who still would want to have children, infertility would be a big cause for concern. This could lead to other emotional issues, worsening the depression.
- Bones lose their density and get weak and are more prone to fracture. This leads to Osteoporosis.
- Postmenopause, women are more prone to heart attacks and stroke, leading to cardiovascular health issues. Though not fully proven, this is believed to be true as the good role that estrogen plays on blood vessels is negated with menopause.
- Menopause leads to accelerated damage of genetic structures, thereby leading to faster ageing. This also leaves a feeling in the women of being less attractive and less desirable.
There is also a good news, that after menopause women are at lesser risk of cancer especially, breast and ovarian.
However, it is not easy for women to handle premature menopause. The body undergoes some changes much earlier than expected, and it requires a lot of support and caring and comforting to come to terms with it especially, if associated with infertility or chemotherapy for cancer. Emotional issues of not being able to have children and feeling less attractive require frank talks to boost the person's confidence and increase self-worthiness.
It is easier said than done, but one of the key ways to handle premature menopause is an open discussion.
Related Tip: "7 Ways To Deal With PMS"
I have a problem of hairfall from last 4 to 5 years and before that I had thick and long hairs but I have problem of luceria a white fuild discharge from my vaginal part is that reason for this? Or its cause of some hormonal disbalance. please suggest.
I am having a long term periods, twice in a month and that long for 10 to 12 days, went to a doctor and she prescribed Tranostat, it worked for a month. But when next month again the same problem.
My wife is facing unbearable vaginal burning while intercourse. Please suggest. We have consulted so many doctors but no improvement. As soon as we starts intercourse she complains for burning problem in the mid of intercourse and every time she complaining this even discharge is not done and after discharge she feels unbearable burning in the vagina. She felt like cuts in the vagina.
I am having a sore and swollen clitoris, with redness. The area around vaginal pore itches n pains. The inner area of the labia minora gets itchy n red n it seems at the skin get dries often. I get vaginal discharge. My breasts are also tender n nipples are swollen n painful. This is happening since when I took an ipill. It's been a week now. please help.
I am nearly 70 yrs.And diabetic for the last 15 yrs. I get severe tingling pain in all left hand fingers and sole of my right foot 24/7 due to diabetic neautopathy?The suffering is unbearable. Please prescribe strong medicines in allopathy,homeopathy & Ayurveda besides any other procedures to be followed.
I had unprotected sex with my husband near to ovulation period. After that I had very exhausted week like lots of work, traveling etc. After that I got my periods 10 days early with stomach cramps and backache. My periods are very normal otherwise. I am not taking any pills.
Hello Dr. My periods were from 20 December to 26 December, on 31 December we have unprotected sex. On 2nd January suddenly bleeding start and it remain till 7 January and it's only few drops of blood 2-3 times a day and also have foul smell. Tell me the reason for bleeding and what to do.
I am 23 getting pregnant this is my 9 month continued. How I know that pain for delivery? every time I feel pain on my stomach.
My cousin had sex with her husband two days back and had ipill to avoid pregnancy ,today again she had sex but didn't took medicine, should she take medicine or there are chances that she might get pregnant without eating ipill if she doesn't takes today or within 72 hours.
Sir pregnancy test done by prega news is positive. How can I avoid pregnancy. Last month periods start on 1 Feb. Please help.
Doctor I have a bells palsy. Now it's lot better. Am married too. Is there any issues if I family plan now. Does that will affect new birth child or my wife.
Pursuing a hobby can help you to ward off diseases while keeping your mind and body fresh and active. What's more, hobbies come with several health benefits too, ranging from lowering of blood pressure and control over cortisol production (a hormone that causes stress) to improvements in your weight and BMI.
4 Amazing health benefits that you can derive from pursuing your favourite hobbies are:
1. Strengthening of your immune system - Hobbies that augment your activity levels like basketball, golf or bike riding are extremely beneficial for improving your immune system, thereby enhancing the overall quality of your life. A strong immune system is essential as it makes you less prone to chronic diseases like diabetes, arthritis and heart disease.
2. Improving your memory - Another health benefit of having hobbies is that they bring about an improvement in your memory and aid in enhancing your problem-solving abilities. A research conducted by the University of Texas on the impact that hobby has on the brain reveals the fact that the picking up of a new hobby can prevent memory loss. Here's how - the challenge to learn a new skill causes you to focus all of your mental abilities on the task at hand, leading to a sharpening of your memory, while preventing memory loss. By helping you to maintain an active brain, the act of picking up a new hobby, therefore, brings about a delay of cognitive aging by a few years.
3. Cutting down on stress - By indulging in a hobby like cooking, baking or gardening, you get an effective outlet to release all your stress. Being a non-work activity, your mind gets another area of focus, one which you can enjoy. Furthermore, when you put your whole mind to it, your stress and worries seem to wither away.
Moreover, such hobbies that require you to physically exert yourself, albeit in a limited manner, also bring down your stress levels as they produce chemical changes in your body.
4. Improving sleep - Having a hobby also has a positive impact on sleep. The pursuit of active hobbies in the earlier part of the day can lead you to have a very restful sleep. Likewise, engaging in the intellectual activity of reading before going to bed can help you to sleep better.
Apart from giving you tremendous enjoyment, a hobby can also bring many health benefits. So, pursue your hobbies actively despite the busy lifestyle you follow. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.