Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kirit NarsanaYour feedback matters!
My daughter is 20 month old. She is very thin. Her wt is 10 kg only. Is it OK? She is very fussy eater. Having tendency to vomit. What to do ?
Mera beta 2 sal ka hai ek saal tak wo dikhne me bada healthy tha per uske bad jab uske sant nikalne shuru hue to wo pahle jaisa nahi raha kya ye normal phase hai uska weight abi 9.5 kg hae.
My son is 2.5 years old. The skin/cover of his penis does not open. Is it harmful for future? may it cause urin infection?
My son is 9month old baby. He has shown no interset in crawling and sitting with out support. What I will do? am very suffering for my son.
My 3 year old is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she can not keep anything down including liquids. What should I do?
My 7 month old baby girl has viral fever and is under paracetamol drops medication. I got her urine routine test done which shows 20-40 WBC/hpf and positive leucocyte esterase. Does this mean that she has UTI or it could be because she already has viral infection.
Breastfeeding mothers need to be conscious and aware of their diets. How the mother eats is how the child gets its nutrition. While they do not need any major changes from what they were eating during the pregnancy, a few adjustments are advised. A few basic adjustments in daily routine are enough. They are:
1. Eat very well - Eat a balanced diet to suit your health. Remember, first it is important to meet your nutritional needs. Only when you are eating well would the quality and quantity of your milk be ideal for your baby. Do not diet under any circumstance. We understand you wish to lose all the pregnancy weight soon, but remember, you child is your priority now. When you diet, your body will start drawing on its reserves. This will affect milk production. By dieting, you will also lack the amount of stamina you need to take care of your baby. Be aware that feeling extra hungry during breastfeeding is normal. Your body is working around the clock. Eat small meals at regular intervals to keep your hunger satisfied, your weight concern at bay and your body strong.
2. Don't count your calories - Not until you are breastfeeding. You need at least 500 calories more than you did when you were not breastfeeding. Don't let this shock you, your child will be feeding off you. There are other ways to regulate your weight and lose the extra pounds gained during pregnancy, do not compromise on food at all.
3. Do not rush to exercise - Consult your doctor and ask for suitable exercises for your body. You might have stitches which are yet to dry, so don't be hasty. Get your workout regime planned professionally and under guidance.
4. Do not avoid fats - Eat healthy foods and opt for good fats. Foods that are good for you and for milk production are a big yes. Foods which do not contribute in any positive way can be done without. They will only harm you in the long run.
5. Avoid alcohol - Stay away, and if you do want to indulge consult your doctor. An occasional drink is usually okay, still it is better you abstain altogether until you stop breastfeeding. And if you do have a drink, feed at least after two hours.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
My child is 10 years old her weight is 28 kg haven't got hungry she got affect digestion problems. What medicines needed her?
Hi, My Son is 6 years and is not interest to eat any thing daily this is very big task to eat any thing to my son and he is not interested to eat normal food now this age only eat one piece of roti and one major problem is going to latrine once in a 2 to 3 days so I donate now what to do kindly suggest.
What is generalized epileptiform abnormality with posterior emphasis (modified hypsarrthymia.)? My baby boy is 3 month old and there are symptoms of IS (infantile spasms).In EEG reports are generalized epileptiform abnormality with posterior emphasis (modified hypsarrthymia.). Kindly suggest.
My baby son is 7 months old. From last 3 months we observing one of his testicles are enlarging than other. I consulted with a pediatrician and the Dr. Told that it may'harnia' n may operate when he will grow up. But I would like to know how can it be curable without operate?
Hello doctor. My daughter is one year old, when she born her weight is 3.2kg. Nw her weight is 8kg. Is it a normal weight? She do all activities bt looking like little thin. Can you tell me her weight is ok with her age now?
Parents sometimes tend to neglect their children due to various reasons. However, this negligence influences the children severely. It can affect the development, personality, relationship traits of the children. Every child needs care and love. Parents are naturally the closest people in a child’s world. Negligence from the closest people can lead to destructive character traits in their personality.
1. Attachment problems: One of the primary and direct effects of parental negligence towards children can lead children to be less attached with family. If a child does not get the warmth and care from parents, he automatically detaches from the family bonding and even does not develop the love and compassionate feelings for the family. This pattern hardly changes over time, and it can even lead to problematic relationship of the child in the future. The child may not be able to be close to his own children later.
2. Brain development: Children are tender and sensitive, just like floral buds. Every stimulus has an action. For instance, a child who is affected by malnutrition suffers from weak neural cells. This can be a reason behind weak brain functions. The basic pillars of brain processes, that is, thinking and logical thinking, everything is affected due to parental negligence. It may lead to low level of self-confidence, depression, frustration, anxiety and stress, troubled thoughts and emotional distortions.
Signs of parental negligence in children
1. Eating Disorders
2. Disrupted Sleep
3. Withdrawal from family bonding
4. Aggressive attitude
5. Bed wetting
6. Missing out school
7. Obsessive traits in behavioural patterns
9. Sudden change in attitude and behaviours
Every child seeks complete attention and love of his or her parents. However, parents may neglect them due to work stress, social obligations, personal problems and other such reasons. But parents should be considerate about the developmental barriers that could be posed due to this type of negligence. Some children also show eating habit changes, abusive attitude, violence or sometimes even plunge into complete isolation. While children require free scope to let their emotional and mental development boost with social activities, neglected children can withdraw themselves from social activities.
This means no friends, no social activity in life. This is a major reason for depression, suicidal attempts, deformed thought processes and misled lifestyle. As a parent, you can offer your optimum care and affection to your child to avoid such mental distortions, which can be avoided with love and warmth. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.