Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kiran ShahYour feedback matters!
I get rashes on skin if I do not shave for 4-5 days. I also have rashes on my centre of chest (where there is hair). Rashes are red and flakes are white and it causes continuous irritation. They 'almost' go away one day after shaving - but this might be a wrong assessment from my side.
I am Male of age 21 and my skin is very sensitive to acne and very oily please recommend a homeopathic soap which will be best for me.
I am a male of 61 yrs. My prostate is enlarged a little and about 40 cc urine is retained in the ultrasound. I have to go to urinate about 3 times at night. I also have uric acid in the range of 7 to 10 for which I take Febuget 40. Because of high uric acid I have joint pains in the knee and ankles. My libido has also reduced significantly. I am a by pass patient and am on blood pressure medication and Clopitab A 75. Any help in homeopathy?
I have got dark circles and I am applying a cream daily but is not working so I want a solution for this please suggest me any solution.
I have a stitch scar on my face near the jaw. It happened around 9 years ago. It doesn't look good and I want to remove it. It is about 3 cm long and the skin is thinner than my face skin. Pls suggest me some cure or something.
She is suffering with melasma, after third delivery it is affected to her, looking very ugly on face, kindly suggest the cream.
I am having dark spots on my face since last 4 years. Please tell me the effective way to overcome from this problem.
My bumps going to reduce day by day. Any jeans not look good back side. Have you any suggestion for me how to build up the same.
Doctor, I'm 21 years older. And I am suffering pimples in my foreheads and cheeks. I had a lot medicines and tablets. Yet it is increasing and lot of pores in my face. Please suggest some. Remedies Doctor.
Garlic can be used for more than simple flavouring your food. Garlic has a number of health benefits and is used to treat conditions like high blood pressure, cholesterol, heart disease and even acne. The large amount of allicin and sulphur compounds in garlic give it anti fungal and anti aging properties. This promotes healthy skin and lustrous hair.
Let's take a look at how garlic can treat common skin problems.
- Acne: The anti fungal properties of garlic can help remove stubborn pimples. Garlic can be used in a number of ways to treat acne. The easiest is to press a piece of freshly cut raw garlic onto the affected area. Let is release some of its juices onto the skin. Wash off after 5 minutes to see a visible reduction in inflammation.
- Acne scars: Along with treating acne, garlic can also be used to reduce acne scars by enhancing blood circulation that helps regenerate new skin cells. The sulphur, zinc, calcium and vitamin E in garlic also help in the removal of dead skin cells and smooth skin tissue formation.
- Blackhead removal: A paste of crushed garlic, tea tree oil, honey, oatmeal and lime juice can be used as an ex-foliating pack to remove blackheads and whiteheads. Use this mask thrice a week to get the best results.
- Anti aging: Antioxidants in garlic reduce the amount of free radicals in the skin to keep it looking youthful. Sulphur also helps the body produce collagen to maintain the firmness of skin and avoid wrinkles. Garlic is also rich in poly phenols that protect the skin from environmental damage. A garlic and tomato mask can also help unclog skin and minimize pores.
- Stretch marks: Allicin and sulphur present in garlic increase the elasticity of the skin and thus prevent stretch marks from occurring. If you already have stretch marks, a warm garlic oil massage can help reduce the stretch marks.
As with any other form of treatment, garlic should be used carefully. Here are a few tips to keep in mind.
- Dilute garlic juice with rose water or water to prevent burning and stinging.
- Do not leave garlic for too long on the skin as it can cause blisters.
- Fresh garlic has more anti oxidants than preserved garlic.
- Garlic also has blood thinning properties and hence should be avoided by pregnant women. Learn more about Healthy Pregnancy.
- Do a patch test before applying garlic on your face to test your skin for sensitivity towards garlic.
Take plenty of fresh fruits and green vegetables daily, avoid spicy and fried articles.
Light exercise is beneficial.
Ageing is an inevitable part of growing older but we may slow down the aging process considerably and can minimize the appearance of blotchy skin, age spots, and wrinkles.
Limit the amount of alcohol you consume, quit smoking, avoid crash diets, increase intake of dietary antioxidants (whole grains, fresh fruits, vegetables) and vitamin c and reduce saturated fats in diet.
Put the following medicines in the bathing water-
1drop per liter,
1drop per liter and
1drop per liter
Massage your skin with calendula officinalis-q twice daily.
Take berberis aquifolium-q 1drop in a cup of water four times a day.