Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kiran ShahYour feedback matters!
Which is better for covering up during a sunny day, light or dark clothes? Also, is there a danger from tanning sprays rather than tanning beds?
As time passes in the mundane chores of our everyday life, the more we grow old. This is one truth of our lives is something that can never be altered. However, it does not mean that it has to be reflected on your body. There are a lot of anti-aging creams in the market, but instead of going through the tedious process of applying them over and over to get satisfying results, an inclusion of natural herbs and spices in your daily diet will not only reduce the signs of aging from your body but also make you feel and look younger.
Advantages of herbs and spices
Most of the herbs and spices contain a healthy amount of antioxidants, minerals and multivitamins, which help improve blood cholesterol levels and the regulation of the blood glucose level. Not to forget that the addition of a suitable amount of herbs and spices in your regular diet increases the taste quotient of even a bland meal. The herbs and spices that really work well as anti-aging agents are as follows:
- Basil: It contains a healthy amount of flavonoids which prevents the body cells from significant damage due to oxidation and strengthens the immune system in general thus, making you feel and look younger.
- Cardamom and mint leaves: This particular spice and herb are particularly useful to relieve your body from any symptoms of indigestion. It also helps in the detoxification of the body.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon helps to control the blood sugar level of the body and also helps to protect the body from obesity.
- Cloves: Cloves helps to initiate better digestion with the help of the anti-inflammatory properties within the herb. This will help keep the digestion problems at bay and thus act as an anti-aging agent
- Ginger: Ginger helps to prevent migraines, provide relief from rheumatoid arthritis and the treatment of indigestion and inflammation. This will also help relieve skin inflammation which is where many of the skin disorders may make you look old.
- Turmeric: A pinch of turmeric in your daily main course can reduce chances of deadly disease like arthritis, asthma, gall bladder disorders and lung cancer. Garlic helps in the activation of liver enzymes which eliminates the toxins from the body.
- Parsley: Parsley contains a rich amount of iron and a regular intake might help in the cleansing of the blood. This will help remove blemishes and thus make your skin look younger.
- Bay leaves and saffron: A regular but limited intake of bay leaves and saffron provides you with a calm and serene temperament. This can lower stress and stop many of the harmful effects, such as aging related problems.
- Cumin: Cumin also contains a lot of iron which helps boost the digestive system and thus keeps your body functioning properly acting as an anti aging ingredient.
I'm 18 years old, On my face there are lot of pour Holes which were formed pimples and also face skin is sagging day by day more and more. So, please help me out.
I have pigmentation on my face and I have been using different medicines including herbal med, etc. But its not gone. I have gone for a check up to different doctors still not good. Suggest some treatment that can cure forever. Maybe laser treatment, etc. Give me the address and I want a guaranteed that it can be cure. I will surely go for a check up if its guaranteed. Thank you.
Dear Dr.I always get Boils near anus ,They come become ripe blow and go slowly.They come one after one or sometimes two at a time. I am takingGandhak vati and Kayakalp vati from long time. Some time it does not appear for 3-4 months. I am diabetic and my sugar lavel remains from 90 fast to 250 after lunch. I eat daily little watermelon after lunch and papaya after dinner,are these harmful?
I am suffering from dark circles under my eyes and dark facial tone and dry face. Seems to be pigmentation please provide me the best medicine kit and tablets to remove it, it is affecting my confidence from years please.
I had an perianal abscess surgery. And now the tract is still there. But its very small according to xray. And as doctor said. I just wanted to know. How much time it will take to heal after this tract removal surgery.
I have small lump like skin hanging from the outside of my anus. I came to know that this is a hemorrhoid. I got it 3 years back from the 5th month of my pregnancy. That time I didn't take it seriously as it didn't disturb me. But day by day I felt its growing in size n adding discomfort to my daily life. I have applied garlic on it to kill it but the situation worsen. It is itching, burning, hurting n swelling a lot. Feel like a sharp pin during several times of a day. I use cold compress and bring garlic capsules. Please help how to use it. I heard about WITCH HAZEL best to cure it. But I'm in doubt whether it will remove the skin completely or not? Please help. I'm in big trouble. I am afraid of any kind of injection n surgery procedure. If possible suggest home remedy. Can I use tying a thread technique as I heard from most doctors. Please advice.
I am 25 year old male and my face is becoming dull and black for last 3-4 months. I have used many home remedy for couple of days but haven’t got any satisfaction. What should I do now? Please help me I need any any type of cream which can make me fair and my skin is oily some months before my skin was fair and bright but now dull why?
I am male aged 25 years. I am suffering from pseudo acanthosis nigricans from the age of 13 due to over weight. But at present I have a healthy weight and my insulin level is normal. Usually the skin on my face is too oily which makes me look black in colour. The skin on my face is too black compared to colour of my inner body. What is the reason for too much oil on my face? How to make the skin of my face clean and ever glowing?
Here are 10 skin and hair benefits of eating cabbage -
1) Anti-ageing agent: Regular consumption of cabbage extends anti-ageing benefits to the skin. The rich amount of Vitamin C delays the ageing process. It has Vitamin A which works together with Vitamin D to make your skin clear and protects from ultraviolet rays.
2) Skin cure: Cabbage has excellent skin healing properties. It is effective in curing skin eruptions such as eczema, psoriasis, acne, rashes, insect bites, leg ulcers and wounds. It helps cure arthritis as well.
3) Gives flawless skin: Cabbage promotes healthy skin. If you are suffering from pimples or other skin irritations, cabbage can be the solution. Place the steamed cabbage compress on the affected area over night and experience spotless skin next morning.
4) Vitamin E for skin complexion: Cabbage juice enhances skin complexion. It has potassium, which purifies your body and skin.
5) Sulfur-rich for acne: Sulfur, abundantly present in cabbage, is considered as 'Nature's beauty mineral'. Because of its drying effect, it plays an important role in drying acne and breakouts. It also synthesizes keratin, a protein substance that is essential for healthy hair, nails and skin.
6) Cleansing property: Cabbage juice is extremely effective in cleansing your due to high Vitamin C content. The juice can also heal infected gums caused by gingivitis.
7) Hair growth: High on Vitamin A content, cabbage is an antioxidant that stimulates hair growth.
8) Smooth hair: Cabbage nourishes your hair, thus providing you with silky, shining hair. Apply its juice on your scalp and the roots of your hair. Shampoo your hair after an hour. This will make your hair smooth and silky.
9) Arrests hair loss: Here's a treatment for hair loss. Raw cabbage and cucumber juices are rich in silicon and sulfur, two vital minerals that stimulate hair growth and prevent hair loss.
10) Conditions dry hair: Raw cabbage juice is also beneficial for dry hair as it makes it soft and shiny. Try drinking a mixture of 80 ml of raw carrot and cucumber juice and 40 ml of raw cabbage juice to get healthy and beautiful hair.
Click on consult privately to ask me any follow-up questions on this.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.