Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kinjal Sheth
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Kinjal ShethYour feedback matters!
I have injured my right hand finger in accident. please tell me how to protect my finger to infection.
I m 24 years old. I have cervical pain from 1 and half year. And lower back pain too. I am not getting well although I have done every treatment.
After waking up in the morning my toe place is not normal and I feel pain for about just 5 minuted. Why like this? For the last 6 months it is happening daily.
My 60 year old mother suffering from intense pain specifically on her above ankle part of left leg (on Tibia I think) from past few years. There is little fungal infection now a days on that part of her skin. As per X ray report done by Govt Ortho specialist, Bone is fine and Doctor advised to consult skin specialist. But when I consulted Govt Dermatologist, he advice me back to consult Ortho only. There is no bone related problem as per xray. 3 year back one local doctor done Cheera on that part of skin and said there is a boil (funsi) inside a skin or some nerve problem. Now I am confused to whom to consult specifically as pain is becoming more and more intense. Dermatologist gave cream for fungal infection only and Ortho specialist gave diclofenac cream for pain.
My mother is 65 year old and she is having constant pain in her hands. Her uric acid test is normal. Please suggest some medicine.
I had an ACL injury about a year ago, due to tight schedule, I haven't been able to practice my physiotherapy exercises, it's been over a year now. Will be able to recover my muscles fully if I start with my physiotherapy regularly from now?
Hello Doctor, I am Krishna Age: 33 and working as a software professional. Due to ideal gesture sitting I am experiencing a pain in right Hip and Right Back ache. I always use an instant sprays but its just a instance relief. I would like to know how to get rid of this back ache.
I am having a pain at the back of my knee in my right leg on the right side at a point. While walking I am not bale to fold my leg. And when I am sitting, I cannot unfold it.
A neck strain and sprain is not a serious injury. However, they can still cause significant dysfunction and pain.
Causes of Neck Strain
The anatomy of the cervical spine is such that it not only houses, but also protects the spinal cord. Along with this it supports the head and allows it for mobility and motion. But this area, which allows the spine to be flexible can also leave it vulnerable for injury.
Triggers for the onset of neck muscle strain can be:
1. Too much time spent in an uncomfortable position, such as humping over the steering wheel while driving, bending over the computer monitor, talking on the phone while placing it in the crook of the neck.
2. Sleeping on a very high or too firm pillow can lead to an uncomfortable position of the head thus leading to the strain of the neck
3. Carrying heavy objects on one side of the body
4. Any trauma that might have impacted the neck, such as an accident, whiplash or a fall that might have had a head landing
Most events of a neck muscle strain or the soft tissue sprain, such as the tendons and ligaments lead to stiff neck along with pain in shoulders. There is also pain and difficulty in moving the neck or head.
Neck muscle strain remedies
Minor strains in the tendons, ligaments and muscles of the neck usually heal within a day or two. But till the symptoms subside, there are a few self care remedies that are effective in reducing the stiffness and pain. These are:
1. Application of cold or ice packs: The cold reduces the inflammation, which in turn allows the strain to heal. This ice pack should be applied for 20 minutes interval in the first 24 hours.
2. Application of heat: Heat helps in bringing the nutrient rich blood to the affected area in order to stimulate a healing response. Moist heat as well as heat from a hot shower or bath can be used. Some people might find relief from applying heat wraps such as thermacare.
3. Over-the-counter or OTC medications: Anti-inflammatory medication, such as naproxen and ibuprofen reduces inflammation, thereby leading to the reduction in pain. Pain relieving medicines such as acetaminophen can also be taken as this reduces the perception of pain.
4. Massage of the affected area: A gentle massage in the affected area helps in stimulating the blood flow of the area which in turn helps in a quick healing.