Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kinjal R. Tripathi
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Kinjal R. TripathiYour feedback matters!
Asthma has become a common ailment these days because of rampant air pollution and stressful lifestyle. The quality of the air we breathe, the change in climate and dust allergy can easily bring in an asthmatic flare up in some people.
Asthma attack causes breathing difficulty. This happens as your bronchial tubes get inflamed and contract, thereby narrowing down the air passages. You feel your chest tightening up and experience shortness of breath with a wheezing sound.
What triggers asthma flare ups?
There a number of potential triggers for mild to severe asthmatic attacks. By identifying and avoiding these triggering factors you can bring down the frequency of your asthmatic flare ups notably.
Look out for the following factors that may set off asthma:
Cold and flu:
Cold and flu infection spreads through coughing and sneezing from an infected person. A cold takes 2-4 days while flu takes 3-4 weeks to recover. These infections can potentially trigger the asthma attack by causing inflammation of the air passages.
The changing weather conditions, cold air, humid climate and thunderstorms often trigger asthma flare ups. Changes in temperature also aggravates asthma problem. Cold air is one of the most common reasons for asthma attacks in kids and adults alike.
Dust mites in your carpets, rugs, pillows and bedding may trigger asthma as well. It is very difficult to kill dust mites. Make sure you use vacuum cleaner to clear away dust from your beddings, carpets, pillows etc. And put them out in the sun often.
If you have indoor plants then they may trigger asthma attack due to allergy flare ups. This happens as they tend to form molds that may trigger asthma.
Indoor plants and garden areas may be a good thriving ground for pollens. Pollens are very fine particles. Insects and gusts of air may transport these allergens to your body through breath.
Pet/animal dander and cockroaches:
Pets or animals with hair or fur like a dog, cat, bird or even mice may shed miniscule skin flecks that may cause irritation and trigger an asthmatic flare up.
If you have cockroaches at home, then get pest control done. Their droppings may also trigger asthma flare up and you would have never guessed the real reason!
If your office area is closed up and not well ventilated, has wood dust or smell of wood polish, wall paint fumes, chemicals etc. Then your asthma flare up can set off easily.
If you smoke or you are in a smoking zone like in a restaurant or a party, then the smoke can prompt an asthma flare up. Even smoke from a bushfire may trigger it.
If you live, work or travel in an area where air pollution is high due to traffic or lack of greenery, then an asthma flare up can occur frequently.
Strong smells from flowers, mosquito repellents, incense sticks, varnish, paint, perfumed candles, deodorants or body perfumes can also trigger asthma.
Certain medicines can also trigger asthma attack like blood pressure or steroidal medicines etc. Always ask your doctor before taking medicines.
Stress and emotional highs:
If you have not taken a vacation in a long time, you are working late nights or have to do heavy physical or mental work, then it results in extreme stress. It may trigger an asthmatic flare up. Emotional highs like anger or excitement can also trigger a flare up of asthma.
Exercising, jogging, swimming or running can also trigger asthmatic attack due to physical exertion. This happens because when you run or work out, then breathing becomes faster. This lets a lot of cold air enter your lungs in comparison to normal breath that is made warm by your nose.
Anytime you are experiencing hormonal ups and downs, asthma flare up can get triggered. For women menstrual cycle, pregnancy or menopause can trigger asthma in some cases. This is not very common though.
Kapha aggravating foods can also trigger an asthmatic attack. Avoid rice, curd, high salt, sugar, lentils, strong tea, alcohol, pickles, sauces, processed foods to lower the risk of asthma flare up. Processed foods contain preservatives like sulphite foods that may trigger asthma.
Find out the reasons that cause your asthma flare up. Keep yourself active despite asthma by avoiding these triggering factors.
My hair is getting thinner and falling. How can I stop that n have a thicker hair. And is hairfall is related to masturbate , as I often do it thrice a week.
The lifestyle we lead plays an important role. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is important to overcome many diseases as it helps in bringing the blood pressure to normal and in turn reduce the risks of diseases, such as diabetes and hypertension. Factors like smoking, diet, stress and sedentary lifestyle can lead to hypertension and diabetes. Hypertension is known as silent killer as it is symptomless.
There are various traditional medicines known to lower the blood pressure. Also, there are certain herbs that help in controlling blood pressure and preventing other diseases.
Some of these herbs are:
- Basil: This herb has a strong aroma and can be used in the preparation of many foods. It also helps in lowering the blood pressure, though for a brief time. Adding freshly chopped or torn basil to soups, salads, pastas and casseroles not only enhance the taste but are also beneficial for health.
- Cinnamon: This herb requires some effort to add in the diet, but is helpful in maintain the blood pressure. Diabetic people should have cinnamon everyday in some or the other way. Cinnamon can be included by sprinkling over cereals, oats, coffee, stews and curries.
- Cardamom: Cardamom if consumed daily can be helpful in bringing down blood pressure and in turn controlling hypertension and diabetes. Cardamom is very popular in South Asia, the seeds can be powdered and used in stews, soups or baking. It not only has an enhanced flavor but is also packed with numerous health benefits.
- Flaxseed: This is very rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids are believed to lower the blood pressure and also protect the body against atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease. They are known for reducing cholesterol levels, and improving glucose tolerance thus acting as antioxidant. Flaxseeds can be added in smoothies and soups or baked goods.
- Garlic: Garlic often synonymous with bad breath and pungent seasoning has immense health benefits. It dilates and relaxes the blood vessels allowing the blood to flow freely and in turn reduces the blood pressure.
- Ginger: Adding ginger to the diet helps to control the blood pressure. It relaxes the blood vessels and improves the circulation of the blood. Ginger can be used in sweets, savories and beverages and is very common in Asian food.
- Celery Seed: This is a diuretic and in China it is used to treat hypertension. This can be used to flavor stews, soups, savory dishes and casseroles. Both the seeds and the plant have various benefits and uses of their own.
- Hawthorn: This herb is used to treat high blood pressure in China. Decoctions of the herb have health benefits such as reduction of blood pressure, controlling hypertension and blood circulation.
I have pomeranian dog. He is suffering from. Hairfall. He had a nice coat. But aftr observing him fr the few day's. Saw dat he is shedding his hairs in large amount. He had a fur like lion but now onwards. His fur remains very less. What to do please help him. Tell me any better injection. To save my lovely dog. Please please?
You know that, hiv / aids, it is the most commonly seen sexually transmitted disease observed in today's modern era.
Severity of it is increasing too.
There are new and new researches going on over it and trying to find out its permanat cure. But believe me, till today no cure cure has been found out.
There are upcoming new arvs (anti-retro viral) therapies, but those are just palliating the for a time being. Again the cycle goes on and then finally nothing comes out of it. Patient ends carrying this or due to it. Those arvs gives palliation to patient, like, chemotherapy gives palliation to cancer patients but ultimately only the life span is increased to 2 to 5 or 7 yrs. Not more than it.
But here I would like to say that there is its cure available in homoeopathic medicines, through which I have cured more than hundreds of patients and giving results such as hiv test negative. Though I haven't got 2-3 patients good result and I could not help them, but still patients are getting relief and getting good results.
And nothing more gives happiness to hiv patients, when they see their results negative with their eyes. So now there are chances for its cure which is considered as hopeless to be cured.
" hope for hopeless disease"-- one can say.
Here you have chance to get your test negative again.
Nutrition facts (for one medium sized sweet potato)
- Calories - 130
- Fat - 0.39 g
- Protein - 2.15 g
- Net carbohydrates - 31.56 g
- Dietary fiber - 3.9 g
- Calcium - 28.6 mg
- Sodium - 16.9 mg
- Potassium - 265.2 mg
- Folate - 18.2 mcg
- Vitamin c - 29.51 mg
- Vitamin a - 26081.9 iu
- Thiamine - 0.05mg
- Riboflavin - 0.3mg
- Niacin - 1.4mg
- Folic acid - 8.4mcg
- Vitamin b6 1 mg
Sweet potato is a skin saviour. Apart from the many health benefits this age old vegetable stocks in itself, it also has following skin benefits-
1. For a glow: the intensity of the sweet potato's yellow or orange flesh color that is directly correlated to its beta-carotene content which helps our bodies to produce vitamin a. When eating such sweet potatoes, include a small helping of fat such as ghee to maximize the beta-carotene.
2. Sun protection: it contains a compound called lycopene which contains large amounts of vitamins that help the skin from ultra violet damage. Consuming sweet potatoes leads to healthier skin and glowing face.
3. Wrinkle free skin: the presence of high levels of vitamin c in sweet potatoes speeds not only repairs the skin it also produces collagen to maintain our skin's elasticity. It particularly helps the skin during stress and has anti ageing properties.
4. Moisture locking: sweet potatoes add to our requirement of vitamin d, which helps in locking moisture and keeps your skin soft and supple.
5. Iron dosage: sweet potatoes also contain iron which we need in adequate amounts for metabolizing protein, energy, blood cell production, which in turn makes the cheeks red and skin healthy looking.
Hi, I have hard stains on my teeth which is due to smoking and chewing pan. I hv never got my teeth cleaned earlier as I learn that after d cleaning process there would b a gap in between d teeth and dat makes me nervous. Please advice d best process and consultation too.
I am 77 years male suffering with thorosicpain. I got both cervical and lumbar pains managing with some exercises. I got MRI for spine. degeneration in both cervical and lumbar regions. Pain killers reduce the pain to some extent is there any solution for pain thorosicpain region.
Autistic Spectrum Disorders (ASD) is a name given to a range or spectrum of disorders characterised by various symptoms, skills and levels of disability. It is generally diagnosed within the first two years of a person’s life. Children with autism have delayed milestones, including delayed speech, sense of balance, and inconsistent or no eye contact. Children with ASD also develop limited skills in activities of daily living, including bathing, dressing, and toileting.
A major characteristic of autism is impairment in social functioning, as autism affects the ability to communicate, interact and respond in appropriate ways, thereby impairing social skills significantly. The unusual behaviour and response could be in the form of repetition of phrases or words, unusual tones and facial expressions, and inappropriate display of emotions.
There is no cure for autism as established by medical science. However, there are medications available to manage and treat various linked problems and medical issues like hyperactivity, anxiety, depression and seizures.
Management of autism is a lifelong and complex process. It is more of a journey than a destination. It is ambitious to expect quick results as no one drug or treatment can cause significant change. Treatment is often a combination of therapies and drugs. Daily care services, skill improvement and one-to-one support is extremely important in dealing with autism.
Homeopathy is seldom thought of as an alternate choice when it comes to autism. Homeopathy offers much more than one can think of; however, lack of knowledge about its vast scope and amazing benefits has limited its use among people. Research on the treatment of autism with homeopathy can come a long way, and this has already started showing positive results. Research on reversal of autism with homeopathy is also underway and would surely be a breakthrough in medical science.
Homeopathy is based on a holistic systems approach, which takes into account a constitutional picture of the person to be treated. The physical and mental makeup of each individual is different, and thus each individual responds to a problem in a different way. Homeopathic medication takes into account these differences while formulating a treatment plan. Homeopathic treatment has shown positive results for people with autism, including changes in language abilities, better eye contact, ability to focus, decreased levels of anxiety and repetitive behaviours, which has resulted in promising an overall increased level of social functioning. Homeopathic drugs like carcinosin, thuja and secretin are proven to be effective in treating many behaviors associated with autism.
Parents generally lack awareness regarding availability of this mode of treatment. Once the child is diagnosed, they panic and run to hospitals but hardly find any solutions. It is highly advisable to consult a homeopathic doctor and try out this effective and well researched course of treatment.