Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. KiberawalYour feedback matters!
My baby is 2months old apart from D3 which syrup should I give for digestion for daily use please suggest me.
My daughter is 12 months old, last ten days she is suffering from cold with running nose. She dont have fever. Kindly suggest me is this serious or normal condition. Also kindly suggest some medicines or home treatment method. Am staying in saudi arabia. Waiting for your kind response.
How can I take best care of my two months old baby from morning till the evening in this summer. Please give me a proper schedule for my baby.
My baby is two months old girl. She is only fed mother's milk. Now she has not done potty since 3 days. Before this, she was doing normal potty daily. She is taking medicines bisgly-xt drops, rxplus drops, calshine p drops, ostocalcium b12 syrup that are prescribed 1 & 1/2 months ago by paediatrician. Now please advise, what to do for her normal motion.
I'm new mother my daughter is 3 months old I had taken iron entire pregnancy and den after delivery my gynaec told me to continue the iron for one month and calcium for 6 months. So I did the same does that effect the baby's development. And the pedestrian has only given vitamin D drops for my daughter.
My son age about 3 years 6 months. He frequently suffered with cold, fever, cough, stomach infection. When his in one year old he suffered with high fever with fits. Every 2 or 3 months he suffered with fever, stomach infection, cough. Doctor prescribed so many medicines. Please tell me what is his problem? I can not understand what is his problem. Why frequently his health condition disturbing?
The newborn are often extremely susceptible to fatal diseases and the first few months of the infant's life calls for uncompromised care and vigilance. One of the most precarious diseases afflicting the newborn babies are chronic lung disorders. This condition mainly emanates from a damage to the lung tissue, which results in breathing troubles. Under such circumstances, the lung may collapse, being filled with fluids and end up oozing out harmful mucus. While a severe form of such lung diseases may often result in the death of the infant, in most cases the infants outgrow the disease and with proper care, grow up to lead a healthy life.
Most chronic lung diseases in infants are congenital and are spurred by a variety of causes:
- Premature delivery: Chronic lung diseases are recurrent in babies born prematurely, i.e. before the lapse of at least 26 weeks of gestation age. Underweight infants also run the risk of suffering from this ailment. The lungs are not able to develop fully in such situations as a result of which they become prone to respiratory distresses. Another allied trigger to Chronic Lung Disease is the use of ventilation on the premature babies. The forced breathing and imposed oxygen levels induced by ventilators often impair normal lung functions in babies.
- Fluids in the lungs: Certain babies are either born with or develop a condition where fluids accumulate in the lungs. This inflicts a lot of damage to the lungs and leads to such diseases.
- Respiratory Infections: Some babies are likely to acquire lung infections from certain disease causing viruses. This largely handicaps the normal lung functions.
- Heart conditions: Abnormal blood circulation in the heart also stimulates lung diseases in newborns. If the heart is unable to regulate the flow of blood to the lungs properly, then the chances of such diseases increase by leaps and bounds.
- Inhaling harmful foreign materials: Certain particles often affect the health of the lungs tremendously. Exposure to meconium during delivery might result in the inflammations that potentially injure the lung tissues.
- Nutrition deficiencies: If an infant's body lacks vital nutrients, it may result in a condition of malnutrition. Lack of vitamin A may cause chronic lung diseases.
Chronic Lung Diseases are usually recoverable with early detection and appropriate treatment. However, one needs to meticulously cater to the health needs of the baby, in order to ensure complete recovery and avert recurrence.