Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kiberawal
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. KiberawalYour feedback matters!
My daughter has allergic problem in out side food she get rashes on hand and legs she feel like doing scratches suggests me some medicine.
In market there are two types of bala goli available. Kesariya bala goli Zandu bala goli Is it safe for 1.5 month baby? Can we give it our baby 1goli everyday?
My baby she is 10 months and her weight 7 kg . She does toilet very frequently I mean 6 to 8 times within a day. But not loose motion. So is she suffering from constipation? Can you please suggest some home remedy.
Sir/Mam I have 2 month old baby. I what to know about wheezing symptoms for 2 month baby. My baby makes sound from nose while feeding and sleeping. please tell me quickly.
My 4 year child having fever since 3 days urine, blood, taifide test already done nothing on it but fever still there as per Doctor it is viral fever will take 3 more days please suggest.
What can we give as breakfast and lunch. Evening times what we can give. For 9 months baby. She is not eating. vomiting. Also tell me how to make my baby skin fair. She was very very good. So many of my relatives were telling like papa is very beautiful and last that made my papa health bad. How to overcome it. Tell me please.
As young children learn language skills, it's normal for them to have some difficulty saying words correctly. That's part of the learning process. Their speech skills develop over time. They master certain sounds and words at each age. By age 8, most children have learned how to master all word sounds.
But some children have speech sound disorders. This means they have trouble saying certain sounds and words past the expected age. This can make it hard to understand what a child is trying to say. Speech sound disorders include articulation disorder and phonological process disorder. Articulation disorder is a problem with making certain sounds, such as" sh" phonological process disorder is a pattern of sound mistakes, such as not pronouncing certain letters.
About articulation disorder
- Articulation disorder is the inability to form the certain word sounds correctly past a certain age. Word sounds may be dropped, added, distorted, or swapped. Keep in mind that some sound changes may be part of an accent, and are not speech errors. Signs of an articulation disorder can include:
- Leaving off sounds from words (example: saying" coo" instead of" school")
- Adding sounds to words (example: saying" puhlay" instead of" play")
- Distorting sounds in words (example: saying" thith" instead of" this")
- Swapping sounds in words (example: saying" wadio" instead of" radio")
About phonological process disorder
- Phonological process disorder is a regular pattern of certain word speech mistakes. The mistakes may be common in young children learning speech skills, but when they persist past a certain age, it may be a disorder. Signs of a phonological process disorder can include:
- Saying only one syllable in a word (example" bay" instead of" baby")
- Simplifying a word by repeating two syllables (example" baba" instead of" bottle")
- Leaving out a consonant sound (example" at" or" ba" instead of" bat")
- Changing certain consonant sounds (example" tat" instead of" cat")
Causes of speech sound disorders
- Often, there is no known cause for a speech sound disorder. But some speech sound errors may be caused by:
- Injury to the brain
- Intellectual or developmental disability
- Problems with hearing or hearing loss, such as a history of ear infections
- Physical abnormalities that affect speech, including cleft palate or cleft lip
- Disorders affecting the nerves involved in speech
Diagnosing speech sound disorders
First, your child's hearing should be checked. This is to make sure that he or she isn't simply hearing words and sounds incorrectly.
If hearing loss is ruled out, you may want to contact a speech-language pathologist. This is a speech expert who evaluates and treats children who are having problems with speech-language and communication.
By watching and listening to a child speak, the speech-language pathologist can determine whether the issues are part of normal growth and development or are a speech sound disorder. The pathologist will evaluate your child's speech and language skills, keeping in mind accents and dialect. Speech-language pathologists can also assess if a physical problem in the mouth is affecting your child's ability to speak.
Treating speech sound disorder
- The pathologist can then recommend a therapy plan to help your child overcome his or her disorder. Speech-language pathologists work with children to help them:
- Recognize and correct sounds that they are making wrong
- Learn how to correctly form their problem sound
- Practice saying certain words and making certain sounds
- The pathologist can also give you activities and strategies to help your child practice at home.
- If your child has a physical defect in the mouth, the pathologist can also refer your child to an ear, nose, throat doctor or orthodontist if needed.
A positive outlook
Early recognition and diagnosis of speech sound disorders can help children overcome speech problems. They can learn how to communicate well and comfortably.
My son, 6 years, suffering from stomach pain, and his stomach becomes high temperature, and he is suffering from cold cough. Please suggest me. What should I do?
Motor tics are generally experienced by children, and the symptoms can last up to one year. This disorder is characterised by brief and uncontrolled spasm like motions which are also accompanied by screams and other outbursts. If the physical and vocal tics come together for each attack, then the condition is known as Tourette Syndrome. Motor tics may occur due to problems in the functioning of the neurotransmitters in the child’s brain. These are chemicals that are usually responsible for transmitting signals throughout the brain, and a malfunction can lead to serious issues. Here are a few Homeopathic ways of dealing with this disorder.
Selective Treatment: Homeopathy will provide a form of ad hoc care that can help in treating the various symptoms that are associated with these tics. The symptoms include Obsessive compulsive disorder as well as the tendency of exhibitionism. Also, the mechanical repetition of actions with head jerking movements and lip biting as well as wincing are some of the main symptoms that one will experience in such cases. While most of these symptoms tend to vanish as one progresses towards adulthood, it has been found that Ignata and Cuprum Metallicum are some of the Homeopathic medicines that can help in treating these symptoms, as well as painful facial tics. Agaricus Muscarius can also help in treating the symptoms of motor tics.
Prevention: The point of Homeopathy medication is also to prevent the occurrence of such tics. Cina 15 CH can be prescribed for this purpose along with Zinc Metallicum. Also, these medicines will help in treating the anxiety that the child may feel when suffering from this condition. Further, many Homeopath doctors will recommend and administer a Hyoscyamus based treatment to deal with this aspect of the condition. Hysteria and violent movements can also be prevented with the help of Staphysagria.
Involuntary Movements: The treatment of involuntary movements felt as a part of this condition can take place with the help of Homeopathic medicines like Sepia, China, Zinc and Lycopodium. A Gelasium-based treatment can also be prescribed in case the tics are accompanied by violent head movements and hysterical fits.
Visit to a Doctor: For most Homeopathic treatments, especially for conditions like these, it is important that you visit the doctor for physical examination. Based on your symptoms, the doctor will provide the right dosage and right treatment. Also its important to monitor the progress so that the diseased can be managed. In some cases, if the symptoms cannot be contained by the medication, one may require immediate hospitalisation. The doctor may also check for symptoms related to Parkinson’s disease, as many times tics are a symptom of this disease, especially when they are experienced by adults. In most cases, these patients react well to Homeopathy based treatment methods. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!