Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Khyati N RelanYour feedback matters!
Applying lemon on scalp can be harmful? Is there any home remedy for dandruff? Should I try aelovera and lemon for hair fall and dandruff?
I am 37 weeks pregnant. Lmp was 14th april 2016. I had sonography which told me that placenta is grade 3 and mature is there any kind of risk due to mature placenta?
Cranberries are the most useful fruit for you, if you suffer from repeated UTIs, stomach ulcers and GI distress, have a problem with your heart or liver, have been diagnosed with cancer, have gum disease or bad skin. The list can go on and on to prove cranberries are indeed nature’s wonder fruits.
Let’s see what these berries contain. A cup of cranberries contains the following:
- Calories - 46
- Manganese - 18 %
- Vitamin C - 18 %
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin K
- Glycemic index – Low
Cranberries have thousands of benefits for our health. It’s not just we who are saying this, but it is a scientific fact.
What makes cranberries so awesome?
- Fights UTI: Cranberries are strongly acidic and they contain a chemical compound that gives them their bacteria fighting punch. This compound is called proanthocyanidins (PACs). It helps prevent UTIs as the special structure of PACs acts as a barrier to bacteria, which latch on the walls of your urinary bladder, causing UTIs.
- Prevents stomach cancer: The PAC prevents bacteria, which cause stomach cancer called helicobacter pylori to latch on to the walls of your stomach and large intestine.
- Protects your heart: Cranberries contain Anthocyanin. This phytonutrient gives cranberries their amazing red colour and is linked to their unique antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, which protect your cardio-vascular system and liver. To reap the complete benefits of all five cranberry phytonutrients, it’s best to consume the whole berry rather than have it in the form of an extract or juice.
- Contains anti-cancer properties: Cranberries possess solid cancer-preventive benefits. They can prevent cancers of the breast, colon, lung, and prostate. None of the cancer-related benefits of cranberries should be surprising, since cranberry is loaded with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory phytonutrients like anthocyanins which provide antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-cancer properties. Antioxidants are essential for improving health by helping combat the free radicals that can damage cellular structures as well as DNA, thereby preventing cancers.
- Oral health: Apart from boosting immunity, making our skin lush and youthful, cranberries can also prevent periodontal disease.
- Good for diabetic: Since, cranberries are a low GI fruit, diabetics can have them too and benefit from their health benefits.
- Good for your heart: The fruit has also been proven to lower LDL and raise HDL or good cholesterol, as well as help in recovery from stroke.
- Promotes weight loss: The fruit is loaded with fibre, which keeps you full for a longer time and aids in weight loss. Because of high antioxidant and anti-inflammatory content, cranberries help improve memory.
This food is no less than a superfood, sent straight from heaven for our well-being. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.