Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Khushboo Sehgal
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Khushboo SehgalYour feedback matters!
Hello sir/mam, I'm 22 years old I drink tea until now but my teeth was slightly visible to some tea colour on my teeth. It is not pure white so, How to recovery.
I do brush twice a day but I think this doesn't suits me. When I do brush than bleedings comes out from my gums. What are the remedies you can suggest?
Doctor I am 18 years old, yesterday I ask a question to give the name of the tablet for teeth pain ,but after taking tablet also not getting relief, previously before 4 years I got a rootcanol treatment but they did not put cap for that teeth. But now its become infection .now what can I do. Severe pain is coming I use katorol, paracetamol,ibuprofen but there no relief only pain is increasing. What can I do. There is any powerful tablet for this pain please .i want tablet for temporarily reducing the pain for 1 week. Because now I am in hostel. After 7 days I will go to my home .then I will attend to operation. But until I want to stop the pain. From three days I am getting this pain. Outside I am not crying but inside the pain is very high. Please doctor. Give me the solution. After 2 days I have semester exams .so please.
Gum disease is characterized by inflammation of the gums caused by the bacteria present in plaque (a colorless and sticky film on the teeth). This disease affects the soft tissue and the bones surrounding the teeth. The bacteria causes irritation in the gums leading to infection and bleeding, while brushing your teeth.
Following are a number of reasons why gum diseases occur, some of them are:
- Prevailing diseases: Sometimes diseases, such as malignant tumors and AIDS can disrupt the immune system of the body. Due to the malfunctioning immune system, the gums become vulnerable to issues such as cavities.
- Smoking and alcohol consumption: Smoking and alcohol consumption cause problems in the gum tissue as the gums lose their ability to repair themselves effectively.
- Hormonal changes: Changes in behavior of the hormones in the body can increase sensitivity in the gums. This can make the gums prone to diseases.
- Not following proper dental hygiene: Not brushing and flossing on a regular basis can cause plaque accumulation in the teeth. The bacteria present in the plaque may cause gum diseases.
- Family history: If many people in the family have suffered from gum disorders, then your chances of getting gum diseases are relatively higher.
How can you prevent gum disease?
Gum diseases can be prevented by following proper dental hygiene. Brushing twice a day and flossing on a regular basis are the best methods of preventing gum diseases. Regular dental checkups are also recommended to identify any gum problems early and also prevent them. Modifications in lifestyle such as limiting smoking, eating a diet rich in antioxidants and reducing stress can also help in preventing gum diseases.
Severe cases of gum diseases may require surgery but mild cases can disappear by following a proper dental hygiene. Gum diseases have also been known to be associated with diabetes and heart diseases.