Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Khushboo BandraYour feedback matters!
I've two scars near my eye area due to a bike accident at the age of about 5 years n I wanna remove it. So could you please your suggestions about the cost n treatment.
Sir mera legs aur eyes ke niche khichawat si mahsus hoti h, shayed dhat ka problem hai. thoda sa bhi furti nahi lagti h.
I am 16 years old suffering from hair fall When ever I style hair my hair with my hands 2 to 3 hairs comes out. When I look my head under lights I could see my scalpe .I wanna know that is it just normal or am I getting bald or due to body condition or masturbate? Please help me with your kindful answers.
In spite of existing multi-million dollar market of fairness products in the country, the question of how impactful these products are? keep dwindling in consumer's mind. Our skin color is determined by our race and genetic lineage which in turn decides the amount and structure of melanin. Fairness creams can only work to a certain extent. As per dermatology studies, achieving fairness up to 20% is possible, but not more than that. The fairness creams only block sun rays and prevent secretion of melanin. Thus, help in reducing tan and restoring natural skin.
Side effects of fairness creams
Extreme use of fairness creams can rather lead to severe skin damage. Fairness creams contain harmful bleaching agent such as hydroquinone, mercury, lead, nickel, chromium and high levels of steroids that cause following problems:
- thinning of the skin
- discoloration of the face
- capillaries become prominently visible
- severe acne
- hypersensitivity to the sun
- rebound paradoxical pigmentation
- unwanted facial hair growth
- skin allergy
- skin cancer thus these creams should always be used judiciously only under the supervision of a certified dermatologist.
Do's and don't
What to do
- apply moisturizer daily during the day and before going to bed
- wash your skin with clean water at least thrice a day
- use sunscreen lotion to prevent tanning and harsh UV rays damaging skin
- use fairness cream preferably aloe based. It works well for inflammation and tanned skin for Asian weather.
- usage external barriers like umbrella and shades while going out.
- drink 6-8 glasses of water every day
- have anti-oxidant rich fruits
- increase the intake of vitamin c. It increases cell turnover, helps protect against sun damage, and boosts the production of collagen and elastin, the two vital component of healthy and glowing skin.
- exfoliation is one of the most important steps in maintaining your youthful glow. We recommend weekly exfoliation to brighten the skin tone. Regular use of an exfoliation removes the oldest dead skin cells that cling to the skin's outermost surface or epidermis. It is an important part of both facials and body treatments.
What not to do
- do not support the common trend of fair skin and the stigma of being dark
- avoid excessive bleaching in alternate weeks. Comprising of ammonia and hydrochloric acid primarily these ingredients can cause both minor and severe burn.
Avoid products that encourage acne breakouts
The truth is we don't need white skin to show our beauty, if you have healthy, beautiful, dark complexion, learn to love yourself. Your healthy and shiny skin is everything to impress whosoever will notice you. Do not trust every advertisement blindly, stay happy.