Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Khatu Anushka
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Khatu AnushkaYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor We are planning for kids. I have thyroid. Please suggest me whether I can do exercise when planning (yoga)
I am 22 years. I got 1 month pregnant which medicine to helpful for me to take in this condition for aborting pregnancy.
While the decision to breastfeed or not to is a personal one, however, it is known to have a number of benefits for both the baby and the mother. Ideally, a newborn baby should be fed only mother’s milk for the first six months of his or her life. This not only provides a nutritious diet for the infant, but it can also protect the baby from a number of diseases that could affect them now and in the years to come.
Here are a few reasons a mother should breastfeed her baby
- Well balanced nutrition: Mother’s milk is better than any form of infant formula. This is because it contains the perfect mix of vitamins, proteins and fats essential for your baby’s growth. Also, these nutrients are made available to the baby is easy to digest form which increases the amount of nutrition absorbed by the baby’s body. By breastfeeding a baby, the chances of them being overweight in their later years is also reduced.
- Immunity booster: Along with nutrients breast milk is also rich in antibodies that protect your baby against viral and bacterial infections. Breastfeeding a baby reduces their risk of suffering from asthma and other allergies in future and also reduces the frequency of ear infections, respiratory diseases and diarrhea.
- Better bonding: When a baby is being breastfed it is held close to the mother’s body and skin to skin contact is established. This benefits both the baby and the mother and helps build a strong bond between them. For the baby, this skin to skin contact builds a sense of security and for the mother, breastfeeding the baby can help deal with postpartum depression and make her feel connected to the baby.
- Helps the mother recover: Breastfeeding helps the mother get her body back to its pre-pregnancy condition faster. This is because breastfeeding burns calories and hence helps the mother lose pregnancy weight faster. It also triggers the release of hormones such as oxytocin which reduce uterine bleeding after delivery and help the uterus get back to its original size.
When breastfeeding a baby it is important to recognize when the baby is hungry and feed him or her before they start crying. Typically an infant should feed on each breast for 10-20 minutes at a stretch. It is also important to be patient and comfortable while breastfeeding so as to allow milk to flow evenly and to prevent fatigue.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi I am 25 years old girl and I have a big lump in my right breast. It pain once in 10-15 days for 2-3 min automatically and than get painless also. Please suggest is this causing cancer? What are the chances and what should I need to do? It is in breast from last 3 years.
Today I am 38 week pregnant. My baby hasn't turned his head till now. What is the reason? What can I do now? Can he turn his head this week?
Sweet potatoes come laden with many benefits. For 11 of the many fantastic reasons listed below, they are indeed dietary powerhouse!
1. Rich Source of Antioxidants: There are plenty of antioxidants in sweet potatoes like anthocyanin and beta carotene that have anti-inflammatory properties. This also helps in keeping ailments like asthma, gout and arthritis at bay.
2. Loaded with Manganese: Sweet potatoes contain reasonable amount of manganese, a vital mineral, which keeps body’s energy levels high. This mineral enables easy absorption of other nutrients and strengthens bones.
3. Contains Quercetin: Quercetin, an important dietary nutrient, is present in sweet potato that helps in lowering bad cholesterol and in reducing inflammation. This nutrient is also a natural antihistamine for combating even chronic allergies.
4. Controls Blood Sugar: Despite the presence of carbohydrates, sweet potatoes effectively control blood sugar by modifying insulin metabolism.
5. Healthy for Heart: Sweet potatoes come loaded with Vitamin B6 and potassium that are beneficial for heart. While Potassium helps in regulating blood pressure & curing muscular cramps and injuries, Vitamin B6 breaks down homocysteine that is known to harden the arteries.
6. Enriched with Vitamin C: Sweet potatoes have high content of vitamin C and capable of meeting as much as 40 percent of its daily requirement. This keeps skin and joints healthy.
7. Laden with Vitamin D: Vitamin D in sweet potato keeps immune system healthy and boosts energy levels.
8. Aids Digestion: Sweet potatoes, especially with skin, have good amount of fiber that helps in healing digestion and relieving constipation.
9. High in Folate: Sweet potatoes can be safely consumed by pregnant women for high content of folate in it. A good dose of folate helps in development of fetal tissue and cells.
10. Holds Anti-Inflammatory Nutrients: Presence of color-related pigments make sweet potato anti-inflammatory agent. Sweet potato phytonutrients diminish inflammation and associated problems.
11. Anti-bacterial and Anti-fungal: Presence of resin glycosides in sweet potatoes makes this tuber an anti-bacterial and anti-fungal agent.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Dear Doctor, We need to clarify the following doubts. Last Feb 28 night my wife had her periods. Periods ends on 5th march. Her next period expected on 30th march. She already undergoing treatment for PCOS. We got married before 8 months: Following symptoms she is having: 1. From her 18th day of cycle, she felt lower back pain and abdominal pain while she wake up from bed. This continues daily. 2. Today her stomach slightly bloating and she felt like gastric trouble but not sure. 3. Frequent urine (5 to 6 times per day). 4. Feeling tired lot. 5. For the Past two days irregular motion. 6. From today night she felt itching on her below abdomen. 7. Her vaginal also having itching. The above said symptoms are due to her pregnancy or any other symptoms? Kindly help us know. Thank you.
Ayurveda's marichyadi choorna:
In this age of polluted environment and weakening immunities due to present day lifestyle, people fall prey to ciugh, bronchitis, asthma, colds, sore throat etc. On slightest exposure.
Best of antibiotics, inhalers and cortisones become resistant and people keep on searching for better and still better doctors.
We do not claim that marichyadi choorna is replacement of other best regimes available, but we do claim if these simple things are adopted besides other of modern prescriptions, the response to medicine will definitely increase. Immunity is enhanced by natural herbs. In fresh cases, even primary treatment by such simple combos will not push the people to unmanageable levels over the years. Can be combined with other medicines also, even allopathic.
Black pepper finely ground powder and sugarcandy finely ground powder in 1: 1 ratio.
Dose: 1 to 2 gms. To be licked with honey. Follow warm/ hot water sips. Even can be sucked without honey. It also clears voice. If 10 gms of this powder is boiled in 1 litre of water till it remains half, the water drunk slowly, cures chronic colds by excreting sticky cough.
Not suitable for diabetics.