Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. KhatijaYour feedback matters!
Hoe can I keep my eyes healthy and prevent my power from further falling? I use glasses. And also I spend a lot of time on mobile and laptop so give your advise considering this. Thank you. Hoping to receive a reply soon.
Are You a Good Candidate for LASIK?
First and foremost you should dislike the options of spectacles and contact lenses. It then means that you are well motivated.
Your age should be above 18 years and your spectacle power should be stable over past one year. Lasik works well for powers from about -10.0 to +6.0 including cylindrical power.
Certain tests will done to confirm you have suitable corneal curvature (topography), and that you have adequate corneal thickness (pachymetry)
You should have realistic expectations from the procedure this means you should expect significantly reduced dependence on spectacles and not an exact zero power.
If you satisfy above criteria and clear a routine eye examination you should be an ideal candidate for lasik!
Here are some tips to manage cataracts
Tips to manage Cataracts
Hi! I’m Dr. Rajeev. I’m a Senior Consultant in Glaucoma Cataract and Defect Surgery.
Today, I’m going to inform you about Cataracts. Cataract is a condition wherein, there is a opacity in the normal crystalline lens.
The normal lens of the eye is transparent. Any opacity in the eye is called as cataract. Cataract is a word derived from an Egyptian word which means water fall. The fogginess of the waterfall is what a cataract means.
The most common cataract that we come across is called as senile cataract. It is easily treated. The cause of easily treated cataract is multifactorial. There is no single cause attributed to the cataract.
All cataracts may not be operated. Any cataract that affects the normal visual functioning is to be operated. There is no medical treatment for the cataracts.
Cataracts can easily be treated with surgery which is called as phacoemulsification or which involves giving a small incision in the cornea, in cornea and in which we cut and suck the cataract with the help of a pro and implant a lens in the space. It can be done under topical anesthesia or without injections and the patient starts seeing within the days’ time.
Post operatively, some medications are prescribed some medications are given which need to be taken for two to four weeks. Glasses can be prescribed after four weeks and you can resume your normal functioning within a day’s time.There are special lenses; there are wide range of lenses available for cataract surgery. This can be spherical, toric and multi-purpose lenses.
You can discuss it with your doctors depending on your need, he’ll prescribe what you want and if you want any further information about cataract, you can talk to me on Lybrate or you can search me online through Lybrate.
I am 30 years old lady there is a sore on my tight eye, it's paining? Let know what should I do to cure it,
Getting much fear and tension. Please help me my left eye is twitching or vibrating will I face the problem.
I have cold , if winter season starts means I suffered with cold and dry cough sometimes I can't able to breath properly in the night time I have pain in face and eyes also.
Even thought I use Anti-Glare specs, 20-20 rule, I feel irritation while doing my s/w Job. Any recommended Eye drops to reduce it.
This method is implied for youngsters and people aged below 40 years, who have high power glasses, and are not suitable for lasik treatment. Here, an ultra slender lens of an uncommon configuration and the required force is situated in the eye over the normal lens inside the eye. This lens amends the spectacle force of the eye. ICL (Implantable Biocompatible Lens) is made in Switzerland, and the request for the lens is set according to estimations of the eye.
Here are some facts you should know about ICL:
- Spherical ICL lens redresses only spherical powered glasses. Toric ICL lens rectifies chamber alongside the spherical force of glasses. The main technique for changeless vision rectification that didn't include glasses or contact lenses accessible to patients who are not reasonable contenders for LASIK is the ICL or the Implantable contact.
- It is embedded in the back chamber, behind the iris, over the normal lens of the eye so as to correct the refractive mistake of the eye.
- It offers vision adjustment that is more honed and has more prominent profundity and measurement than other refractive surgeries. Indeed, ICL may create unrivalled visual quality as confirmed by less higher request abnormalities than corneal refractive surgeries. Patients encounter an almost immediate vision recovery.
- The lens is invisible to the eyes of the patient and also other people. The whole surgery takes around 10 to 15 minutes. The lens is biocompatible and made of collamer, a material based on collagen. It contains a UV blocker that forestalls unsafe UVA and UVB rays from entering the eye.
- ICL surgeries are amazingly safe. A few patients may encounter some distress amid the mending procedure like dry eyes or light affectability. These impacts are brief. Your specialist will examine with you the dangers and advantages of the method amid your interview.
Advantages of ICL:
- The lens is foldable and infused through a small, torment free, self-recuperating entry point in your eye.
- The ICL gives very successful results, and fantastic nature of vision. After this treatment, you can leave the clinic following two or three hours, because of fast recuperation. You will have the capacity to make the most of your new sight very quickly and retreat to your dynamic way of life. Your specialist will give you a point by point exhort on this.
- ICL corrects a very large range of visual defects.ICL Is one of the most effective spectacle removal techniques. It corrects your vision instantly after a surgery and lasts quite long. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.
I am losing my eyesight more and more day by day and my eye power is increasing day by day what to do anybody please help?
My eyes are red though I am putting the drop and putting ointment also but there is no good result and on my eyeball the skin type something also is coming like eye cataract Can you suggest me doctor that how my eyes will be fine.
I am suffered from myopia from last 4 years. Before my eye power was just good but from 4 years I feel pain in my eye and sometime by this disease I have to suffer from headache, pain in eye and some other difficulties. There is also increase in my spectacles power about -2.75. I want to get back my eye power and wherever possible I want to reduce my spectacles power. Please help me.
I have headache form early childhood days now also there sometime. When not drinking tea morning headache definitely heavily one side pain come full day from 12pm to next morning. Sir, what will I do? If any possibility is there using eye glass (specs) will down headache. But I checked my eye power no would find any low vision, but need 0.5 power for clear vision. Please suggest sir what to do?
Night blindness is also called nyctalopia.It's a type of vision impairment. People with night blindness experience poor vision at night or in dimly lit environments. It is not a disease in itself, but rather a symptom of an underlying problem, usually a retina problem.
What Causes Night Blindness?
A number of eye conditions can cause night blindness, including:
- Nearsightedness or blurred vision when looking at faraway objects.
- Cataracts or clouding of the eye's lens.
- Retinitis pigmentosa, which occurs when dark pigment collects in your retina and creates tunnel vision.
- Vitamin A Deficiency
- Zinc Deficiency
- Dry Eyes
Are the Symptoms of Night Blindness?
The sole symptom of night blindness is difficulty seeing in the dark. You're more likely to experience night blindness when your eyes transition from a bright environment to an area of low light, such as when you leave a sunny sidewalk to enter a dimly lit restaurant. You're likely to experience poor vision when driving due to the intermittent brightness of headlights and streetlights on the road.
How can I Prevent Night Blindness?
You can't prevent night blindness that's the result of birth defects or genetic conditions, such as Usher syndrome. You can, however, properly monitor your blood sugar level and eat a balanced diet to make night blindness less likely.
Orange colored foods are excellent sources of vitamin A, including:
- Sweet potatoes
- Butternut squash
What are the Treatment Options for Night Blindness?
The treatment will depend on its causes.
- Nutrient deficiency (Vitamin A and Zinc) is the easiest to treat.
- If the cause is cataract, you can go for cataract surgery to remove the clouded lens and replace it with artificial intraocular lens. Vision is usually dramatically improved after surgery.
- For dry eye syndrome, lubricate your eyes with artificial tear drops as they provide instant relief. Just make sure that they are without preservatives.
- Diabetic retinopathy can be prevented with tight control over blood sugar, active lifestyle and good dietary habits.
- As for retinitis pigmentosa, unfortunately there are no treatments available. Thankfully, new research is showing that vitamin A might have a slowing effect on the progression of this eye disease. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!