Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. KharveYour feedback matters!
I have suffering from chest pain. Can you suggest me what to do? It pains only in the left side of chest.
Recently I faced chest pain, however all the reports are normal. Less blood and low bp. Can I take paya soup now?
I am 46 year old. I am suffering from gastric since 8 month. So, many tablet has been taken before food morning and night. In which day I am not taken this tablets then I am suffering chest pain and head ache. So what I can do?
Dear Doctor, I am Milind, am from Goa. Sometime I feel the pain in my chest, had done ECG test once and it was not showing anything serious. Doctor said its because of gas problems in the stomach. I would like to know what is the best solution for this problem please?
I am having severe depression. Doctor recommend me to take Clonafit plus tablets for 45 days. I have started this prescription since 12 days but still feeling depressed. N feeling sleepy all the day. N also having pain in upper abdomen just below chest. Kindly let me know why this is happening?
I m 58, till such time no problem. Now blood pressure is 100 and 140. What precautions should I start to control with in limit. I m not taking any type of medicine. H K Kalra.
My father in law has seven artery block. As per ngography report there are 7 block found from 50% to 99%. Almost all the veins are seemed blocked. Our local consultant is depending on medicine therapy only. Now is it possible to do bypass surgery?
1) Keep your weight in check - Obese/overweight people are at a considerably higher risk of attacks/stroke in comparison to people with a healthy body weight. Try and maintain the correct height-health ratio at all times by including a healthy diet and regular exercise in your daily routine. Also, get a weight check every six months.
2) Kick your smoking habit - People who are regular smokers are most likely to be affected by coronary heart disease. Keep a tab on your smoking habit and if possible, leave it completely. If you are above the age of 45 and are a heavy smoker, you should immediately kick the butt.
3) Bring down salt consumption - According to scientists, a food product is said to have an unhealthy salt content if it contains more than 1.5 gm salt per 100gm. High intake of salt contributes to an unstable blood pressure and thus you should try and avoid processed foods that have a high salt content. Also, try and use minimum salt when you cook food at home.
4) Avoid saturated fat - Excessive consumption of saturated fat is a major cause of cardiovascular diseases. Make little but effective changes in your daily diet and substitute saturated fats with their healthier counterparts. Avoid fried food products, full-fat milk and red meat.
5) Minimize your alcohol consumption - Everyone knows that red wine is good for the heart, but everything in excess is harmful. Moreover, other alcoholic variants such as beer will actually add to your body weight and make you vulnerable to a number of heart problems. Try and limit your alcohol consumption to one drink a day.
Your heart is your lifeline. Take good care of it. If you fave any further questions on heartcare, click on consult privately to ask me.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
I have a problem about heart. Some time, suddenly pain is started to my heart. How my problem will end?
Sir just now I checked my blood pressure and it was 84/46 , heart rate was 67. Sometimes I feel week while waking up from sitting or sleeping posture. So I want to know what are the possibilities and remedies for this. I think I have low blood pressure. Can you recommend diets that can increase blood pressure? Thanks in adv
I am having hypothyroidism and taking 100 mg Levi thyroxine. I am having high cholesterol since a year it is reducing after using rosuvastatin 20 mg but when the medicines are stopped again cholesterol will become high. Please advise how long can I use cholesterol medicines and how to reduce cholesterol naturally.
Dear sir my chest is very painful process but time to time. Low and high systematic problems so please help me. With regards.
Is 60-110 a low blood pressure.If yes then as home remedies what foods to be eaten without increasing body weight ?
I want to know about precautions of heart disease. .its starting just with minor heart attack. Doctor suggest simple medicine.
I am 25 years male of height 5.9 and weight of 68 kg. I want to maintain correct weight and want to decrease bad cholesterol in stomach. Kindly give some suggestions.
I have a frequent chest pain after playing cricket. Do I have any disease. Please suggest me what should I do.
Certain habits can cause damage to your heart even if you maintain a healthy diet and exercise regularly. According to researchers, working people having who have a desk job are more prone to suffer from heart conditions due to stress in their work life, lack of proper rest, limited movement, etc. Most of the times you tend to ignore your bad habits as the side effects do not occur immediately but can cause serious damage to your heart. Following are the common bad habits that you should avoid for a healthier heart-
1. Sitting all day
Something as seemingly trivial as it is, sitting all day can have an adverse effect on your heart. According to studies, if your job involves sitting on a desk for more than five hours then you have double the risk of suffering a heart failure compared to a person who has an active lifestyle. Make sure you take at least a five minute walk in an hour to reduce chances of hardening the arteries. A sedentary lifestyle has serious side effects on your overall health too.
2. Stress too much
Stress causes the body to release adrenaline which influences the way your body functions. In that case there might be an increase in heart rate or your blood pressure level. Over time, stress can cause damage to the blood vessels in your heart and increase your risk of sudden stroke or heart attack.
3. Overdoing it on salt
Excessive sodium can spike your blood pressure thereby making your more vulnerable to heart conditions. Processed foods like potato chips, canned vegetables, frozen meals and meats contain a fair amount of sodium which can have an adverse effect on your heart. It is important to take the nutritional value of these foods in account before purchasing it so that you get the ones with lowest amount of sodium.
4. Not getting enough sleep
The heart rate dips when you sleep and goes up and down as a response to your dreams in various stages of your sleep. It is important for your heart to rest as it actively works in your waking hours. Sleep deprivation has similar effects on your heart like stress and can wreck your cardiovascular health. It is of utmost importance to sleep for at 7 hours to keep your heart healthy.