Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. KhareYour feedback matters!
Sir, My 2 years and 8 months old baby not speaking. His hearing checked and results are fine. When I want to communicate with him, he feels irritation and move. He play with kids and his memory is amazing. But I dont understand that why he is not taking interest in communication. He only say maa papa and dada sometimes but mostly he babbles. Please help me and suggest me.
Tell me sir cow milk is a best for 5 month old baby please tell me he taking nan 1 but its not diegest.
hello doctor, my name is sanjay kumar singh and I am having a girl child of 2 year and 7 months. She is a pre mature child and born on the seventh month from the expected. As soon she was born she has been transferred to the nursery for 21 days, so she was not able to take the birth milk from her mother. Her weight was 850gm when she was born. Sir, she is now 2.7 year but she is not able to walk. Also she can't balance her body. She is having a lump of nerves on her right leg. Earlier we were scared that it was a cancer but doctor said it's only lump of nerves which will get dissolve as she will grow up. We had consulted a pediatric for my kid and also asked him for the problem of her balancing. That doctor told us that my kid has some problem regarding to her brain development and he has referred us to neurologist and physiotherapist. Now, my kid is going through physiotherapy and slight changes has been noticed. As she is ready to walk after holding my fingers but as I leave my hand from her. She got disbalnced and fell down. Before physiotherapy she cross her legs while walking but now this problem has been resolved. She us naughty and active baby but didn't speak full sentences. Only didi, mummy, jai ho, papa and so many small words.
My baby has dark patch on his face since birth which has become darker. He is 1 year old wat is the remedy for this.
My son is 1 years old and his weight is 8.2 kgs. His birth weight was 3.1. He is too much underweight. I am give all solid foods and also high calorie food but still his weight gain is very poor. Though he os very active and also started walking but pls help me as he look like he is 8 month baby due underweight. What can I do to increase his weight.
I am in Bangalore. My daughter (2yrs 10months) has fever since Tuesday morning. She has cough as well.The pediatrician said its a regular flu and prescribed dologel for fever less than 102 and meftal for >102 fever. Earlier the fever came at 4 hrs intervals. Since yesterday morning , her fever came at intervals of around 7-8 hours. Is the line of treatment ok?
My new born baby of age 6 days have found bilirubin level as 11.5.Dr recommended photo therapy. My baby is under photo therapy treatment but some people are saying it's not recommended upto 8th day. Should I take out her from there?
My baby boy is around 4 and half months old. He refuses to take milk from right breast suddenly. He fusses when I put him in my right breast. I am worried whether I ll end up with low milk supply. Please advise.
My son 4 yr old he had slight stammering some times otherwise he talk normally when some fears in his mind he stammering continueously give me suggestion for treatment.
How to get rid off perpetual prolonged cough and how to get rid off sneezing and allergy? What is exactly dengue fever and how to control it? Please tell me.
There are two different types of pneumonia vaccines are available for the children. 1 is almost double the price of other. Which one should be preferred and why?
What is viral fever?
Viral fever refers to an acute infection caused by the action of viruses. Flu or influenza is the most common form of viral fever. Since viral fever is contagious, when an infected person sneezes or coughs the virus spreads and comes in contact with other people. Children can remain contagious for about 10 days if they get the early symptoms of viral fever. Children who are younger than two years are at an increased risk of developing complications pertaining to viral fever. Controlling the symptoms of cold, fever and cough can cure viral fever.
Symptoms of viral fever
Fever and chills are the early signs of viral fever. Children suffering from viral fever will feel pain throughout their body. Other common signs and symptoms involving viral fever include cough, cold, runny nose, sore throat, nausea, fatigue, vomiting, headache, diarrhea, and stomach ache.
Certain preventive measures against viral fever
- Keeping your child away from anyone who is sick is advisable. To prevent the germs from spreading ask everyone to use tissues while they sneeze or cough. Make sure that your family member maintains good hygiene habits if he/she is suffering from diarrhea or is vomiting.
- To prevent coming in contact with germs wash your and your child's hands properly
- Seasonal changes are the thriving phase for viruses so take precautionary measures during those periods of the year
Tips for quicker recovery of your child
1. Offer enough drinks - A child gets dehydrated through fever, vomiting, and diarrhea. Oral Rehydration Salts can be given to little ones as it contains all the essential nutrients. This can be given to a baby even if he/she is just in breastfeeding stage.
2. Feed them special food - Soft and semi-liquid foods can be given to your child if he/she older than 6 months. Foods like dals, soups, and curd with sugar are advisable for your child. As he/she gradually gets stronger thicker foods like mashed vegetable can be added to his/her diet.
3. Ensure that your child gets adequate rest - Since viral fever is contagious it is advisable to let your child sleep in a separate room. Since the fever causes fatigue adequate rest is required for recovery. This will also prevent him/her from getting the other family members infected.
4. Sponge your child's body - Sponging your child's body with lukewarm water can control high fever.
5. Maintain proper hygiene - It is essential to wash your hands before and after touching your child to prevent the infection from spreading to the other family members.