Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Khanas BhattYour feedback matters!
My wife is in my first month of pregnancy and we read that pineapple is not good in pregnancy. Before coming to know this she took pineapple juice three time. She had some lower abdominal pain for sometime. Should we be worried? does consuming pineapple occasionally leads to complications?
Its been 15 days now. No periods. As well as no positive pregnancy test. I am very depressed. I want to get pregnant soon. Doctor please help me. Im trying for the baby since 1 year. This is the first time when my periods went irregular for 15 days. please help me.
My wife is pregnant second month running and her age is 25 n the problem is he have pain in upper Side of vagina n some white discharge is realising so is this any problem in this please tell me.
Hello Doctor.. I'm 27 year female. I'm 6 weeks pregnant now. I had a baby with hereditary sensory neuropathy.. He was died at his 4th month of age. I had karotyping, exome sequencing. Before pregnancy. Now wat should I do. Shall I do cvs. please sujjest me. I'm in full stress.. Does any other tests shall I do.
I am 15th week pregnant. Is it safe to sex during pregnancy what are the benefits of that? I am afraid it might effect the baby.
I have taken mifepristone 200 mg 1 tab yesterday at 1 pm and then taken 1 tab of 200 mg Misoprostol tab after 6 hour and 1 tab today morning after 12 hour (all orally), did I take it right way. 2 tab left of 200 mg Misoprostol tab left which I am thinking of taking after 12 hour each, pls suggest did I follow right method.
What to do for irregular periods.(age 25) This problem was thr 1years back and it got normal and now again irregular? Reason plz.
Is coper T a good method to prevent pregnancy for my girlfriend! We are in 20's. And have no plans for babies for next 5 to 6 years!
Why until now I have spot, 1 month ago when I start my menstration but until now there have spot & it still bleeding.
1. It's high in magnesium levels help reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke. It also helps lower cholesterol levels
2. It is a great weight loss food. It is low in calorie but makes you feel full as it has high water content and fibre
3. Beta carotene and vitamin c also have anti inflammatory properties thereby naturally curing ailments like osteoarthritis asthma and rheumatoid arthritis
Pregnant ladies should exercise special precaution while taking medicines as some of them can cause discolouration of the child's teeth. Also, always inform your dentist about your pregnancy.?
Hello mam, I am a girl. I want to know how can I enjoy sex to the fullest, I mean how to get multiple orgasm Please suggest.
My girlfriend took I pill 5 days ago and we got physical again when the condom was slipped last night. So are there any chances of pregnancy?
My friend had unprotected sex a week ago could she be pregnant and having pregnancy symptoms already.
Any kind of bleeding from the uterus, which is not normal, can be termed as abnormal uterine bleeding. This refers to bleeding between periods or before periods, bleeding after having sex, spotting, abnormally heavy bleeding or bleeding after attaining menopause. If you are suffering from any of these issues, you need to consult with the doctor.
It is very important to diagnose abnormal uterine bleeding. There are several examinations and tests that have to be carried out, depending on age. For irregular spotting, a pregnancy test can be undertaken in case you think you could be pregnant. If your uterine bleeding is very heavy, a test has to be performed to check blood count. This is done to observe whether you have anemia. An ultrasound test of the pelvic region will also be advised by your doctor to know the cause of the bleeding. Several hormonal tests and thyroid function tests are required as well.
Other diagnostic tests include:
- Sonohysterography: When fluid is placed within the uterus and ultrasound images of the uterus are taken. An image of the pelvic organs is obtained.
- Hysteroscopy: It can be carried out when a device is inserted via the vagina and enables the doctor to examine the uterus internally.
- Magnetic resonance imaging: This is also used to get images of the organs.
- Endometrial biopsy: It involves insertion of a catheter to take out a tissue which is microscopically observed.
There are different types of treatment for abnormal uterine bleeding depending upon factors such as the cause of bleeding and the age of the patient.
- Medications: Several medicines are used to treat abnormal uterine bleeding. Sometimes hormonal medicines are used. Birth control pills are also used to improve the regularity of periods. Hormonal infections, vaginal creams and an IUD device releasing hormone can be used. Non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are also used to control bleeding. Several antibiotics may also be prescribed.
- Surgery: In some cases of abnormal uterine bleeding, a woman has to undergo a surgery for the removal of growth such as polyps and fibroids, which results in bleeding. While some fibroids can be removed via hysteroscopy, others require different techniques for treatment.
- Endometrial ablation: It can be undertaken to control bleeding. This mode of treatment aims at reducing the bleeding permanently. In case all treatment methods fail, hysterectomy has to be carried out. This is a serious surgery and after it is performed, a woman does not have periods anymore and will not be able to conceive a child.
Abnormal uterine bleeding is a serious health condition, which may lead to severe complications. Immediate diagnosis and appropriate treatment methods should be undertaken in case of any abnormal uterine bleeding.
Drink a glass of milk with your meals, rather than a glass of water. If you eat cereal for breakfast, try adding a sliced up banana along with it.