Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Kshar Sutra Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. KhanYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from Hemi Facial Spasm since September 2009. I am presently taking 2 tablets of Pacitane thrice a day, one tablet of Zapiz 0.25 mg twice a day. But still the problem persists. What should I do? Whether this problem is curable?
Metabolic syndrome: Causes and symptoms
Metabolic syndrome refers to a group of conditions that occur together and increase your chances of developing stroke, diabetes, and heart problems. This set of conditions includes high blood sugar, abnormal levels of cholesterol, abdominal fat, and high blood pressure. More importantly, having just any one of these conditions doesn't mean that you suffer from this problem.
What really brings about this condition?
Experts are still not sure as to what causes the development of this condition; the causes and risk factors can be manifold.
Some of the causes can be,
1. Insulin resistance - A hormone produced by the pancreas in your body, insulin plays the vital role of helping your body to use the glucose as fuel. The problem of insulin resistance causes your body to produce more of this hormone so as to tackle the rising glucose levels in your body. Closely connected to excess belly fat, it causes the development of diabetes.
2. Overweight or obesity - Instances of obesity can also cause you to develop metabolic syndrome. More specifically, abdominal obesity can see your prospect increasingly significantly. It can bring about problems like insulin resistance and other associated conditions.
3. Abnormal hormone levels - Even the behavior of hormones can affect your chances of developing this health condition. For example, the hormonal disorder like PCOS can cause metabolic syndrome.
4. Unhealthy lifestyle - Having too much of processed foods without an adequate amount of physical activity can increase your prospects of developing metabolic syndrome. Eating a heart-healthy diet, which is rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and fish can help to curb this problem.
How to identify this health condition?
When it comes to symptoms, this group of disorders doesn't reveal any specific signs but symptoms associated with individual health conditions that make up this group. You can come across signs like an increased waistline, or symptoms associated with diabetes like increased urination, a thirsty feeling, blurred vision, and fatigue.
Nonetheless, you're said to suffer from this problem if you exhibit these characteristics:
- Abdominal obesity marked by waist size of over 40 inches in men and 35 inches in women
- Triglyceride levels of 150 and above
- Blood pressure levels of 130/85 and above
- Fasting blood sugar measuring 110 and above
- Good cholesterol levels less than 50 in women and 40 in men
I m a 18year old female and I have missed by periods my 10 days and I m having regular stomach aches nd uneasiness. For few weeks I have also had morning sickness like problems. I m confused whether I m pregnant?
I am 58 years old I have continuous knee pain. I met se overall accident earlier. Is there any medicine without pain killers. Secondly my penis not erected properly. Hence I am not be able to get the best way of getting sexual enjoy. Can it be possible to revive again at this age .please advice.
. My hair getting thin. And had a gap from side corner. What can I do to prevent this. And I want to regain hair from that portion. Pls advice me for this.
I am 34 yrs old. I have problem of bad breath. I dont have any dental issue. What could be the reason?
How to gain wright and make good physic. I am very line from my childhood so give me some suggestions to make good physic and how to gain weight.
Sir my heart starts pounding very rapidly when I climb up even just 2 flights of stairs .this doesn't happen when I jog or run ,I have a little pain in my lower back, are the two problems related or do I have some sort of heart condition. Pls help me.
Scalp is very very itchy. When checked found lots of dandruff. Never had dandruff But persistent itching I am 50 years old female. Also lots of hair fall.
I'm 19, 41 kg n 5.1".I have a healthy diet n also do a bit of exercise n do walking for some time almost every day. I've issue in gaining weight n lack fats in necessary places n I'm very much worried about it. What do I do?
Drinking cow milk collected during night time (night milk) can help to have good night's sleep without popping any pills, suggests a new research.
According to a research done at Uimyung research institute of neuroscience in South Korea, milk collected during night time has exceptionally rich amounts of tryptophan and melatonin is a naturally occurring hormone which helps regulate the sleep and wake cycle.
And it is proven promising alternative for the treatment of anxiety disorders.