Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kevin QuadrosYour feedback matters!
I am 21 years old and my periods are not regular. Sometimes it comes early. And sometimes late. What should I do?
The inability to conceive after indulging in unprotected sex is known as infertility. It can also be referred to the biological incapability of a male to cause the conception or a woman being unable to carry the pregnancy for full-term. Research has shown that female problems contribute to over half of all the infertility cases while a majority of the other causes include sperm disorders.
Treatment of infertility depends on:
- Cause of Infertility
- Duration of Infertility
- Age of both partners
- Personal preferences
Causes of infertility in women include:
1. Ovulation disorders: This is regarded as the most common cause of infertility in women. The disorders can be caused due to the following
- Premature ovarian failure
- PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome)
- Poor egg quality
- Overactive or Underactive thyroid gland
- Chronic conditions like cancer or AIDS.
2. Problems in fallopian tubes or uterus: Abnormalities in the uterus or fallopian tubes render the woman incapable of conceiving naturally. This might be due to:
3. Medications: There is a possibility that treatment will cure infertility. Examples include NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs), Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy. Treatment of infertility might involve a significant amount of psychological, physical, temporal and financial commitments. In men, treatment is done to treat lack of healthy sperm or general sexual problems. The treatments include:
- Change in lifestyle
- Sperm retrieval
Even though it is possible to restore fertility in women using only one or two therapies, a number of treatments might be required before conception is possible. Some of these treatments include:
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI)
- Stimulation of ovulation with fertility drugs
- Surgery to restore fertility
In situations where pregnancy does not happen spontaneously, Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) can be used by couples to achieve pregnancy. It is a form of fertility treatment which involves the handling of sperm and egg. The entire ART team consists of psychologists, physicians, embryologists, nurses and lab technicians.
One common ART technique is In vitro fertilization (IVF). It is a process where an egg and sperms are manually combined in a laboratory dish, followed by transfer of embryo to the uterus. Some aspects involved in an IVF cycle are:
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI)
- Assisted hatching
- Donor eggs or sperm
- Gestational carrier
Some complications that may occur during the treatment of infertility are:
Hi, My wife is pregnant for 1 month. She is getting stomach and vomit. Please give me idea how we can reduce it. We are consulting with a doctor but no relief so far. Please suggest.
Hi, I had protected sex on 21st of april. I got my regular periods on 4th may. I haven't got my periods this month. I usually get cramps and breast pain. I haven't got any symptoms yet. I'm already delayed by 4 days.
Swine flu is the commonly used word for H1N1 influenza virus infection. It is a relatively newer strain of the influenza virus, and is so called because it was originally discovered in people who were in direct contact with pigs. This is not necessarily the case now. Also, one should note that despite the name, it does not spread by eating pork or bacon or ham.
It is very contagious and spreads from person to person very rapidly. Swine flu was big news in 2009 when it was declared a pandemic an is in news again as a number of people have succumb to death in 2017 because of it.
Mechanism of spread: When a person with flu sneezes or coughs, the virus is released into the air, and when another person breathes the virus, they get the disease. It could also be through surfaces like doors or restroom handles which were handled by the infected person. The symptoms take about 7 days to develop, and could be quicker and severe in people with weak immune system
Symptoms: Swine flu resembles the regular flu with generic symptoms including:
Testing: A swab test can be done but is not required in all people, except the below
- Extremely young or old people
- People with known weakened immunity
- People with debilitating medical conditions (chronic lung or liver disease, severe diabetes, nervous disorders, etc.)
- People in nursing or assisted living
- When swine flu is detected, one of the following medications is usually given – osteltavimir, peramivir, or zanamivir. The results are best when given in the first 48 hours.
- Antibiotics are not effective as it is a viral disease.
- Cold and fever medications are given for symptomatic relief
- Aspirin should be avoided
Prevention: When there is a high incidence of swine flu in your surroundings, do the following:
- If you are affected, stay indoors to avoid spreading the disease
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water.
- Contain coughs and sneezes with a kerchief or a tissue so that virus spread is limited
- Avoid touching the eyes, nose, and mouth with likely infected hands
- Keep elderly, pregnant, asthmatics, and young people away from the infected person. They have lower immunity and can contract the infection much faster
- If you are infected, limit your movement in the household and try to stay put in one place
- Caretaking preferably should be done by one person to limit exposure among all the members in the family. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pulmonologist.
Hi I am facing issues while I involved in intercourse, as soon as I and my mate start foreplay I start getting crystalline liquid from my pennis which is embarrassing sometime. And also I can't hold longer after penetrating into vagina, I did tried keagle exercise and other as well. Please suggest some medicine for both. Or what else can be done?
I am a lactating mother of 9 months 2nd baby (my ist baby is 4 years old) due 2 which I have calcium deficiency since 1 week followed by the symptoms numbness &tingling in hands & feet. Pain in joints, hallucinations,memory loss. Sitting under the sunlight gives me some relief.
My wife has lot of hair in her vagina and clitoris. My question is that whether I can sex with her with shaving or without shaving. please reply me sir.
I am a 30 years old married and I have no kids. L want to delay my periods for about 10 days next month. This month I got my periods on 17th .someone suggest me regestrone 5 mg tab. My other friend suggest me primolut n.Which one should be better? Does these medicines have any side effects? I am planning a kid next year. Please help.
Hello doctor, From last one year I'm suffering from a kind of infection. Every time I use to itch at the infected place &at the infected place skin became black & it spreading to other place. I'm feeding mother if I use medicine can my baby get any kind of health problem due to feeding If no problem for baby means what you kind of medicine I can use.
Usg report says that polycystic ovary with low volume. And prevoid residual urine 75mul whereas post void residual urine 105 mul. What is the reason for such urinary retention? Can STD is one of the cause? Though sex for only two times and with condom can their still be risk of STD?
Amazing Power of Guava Leaves ! Excellent Obesity & Diabetes Tip !
Guava leaves helps in weight loss as it prevents the body’s complex starches from getting converted into sugars. The Carbs in our body are broken down in the liver and guava leaves prevents this process of Carbohydrates getting transformed into useful compounds.
Guava leaves are also beneficial for diabetes patients. It helps in preventing the body’s absorption of sucrose and maltose and thus helps in lowering blood sugar levels. Consuming Guava leaves tea regularly for more than 12 weeks can help in maintaining your blood sugar levels. It also reduces the production of insulin in the body.
Do follow for more easy to follow, kitchen & home remedies.
Do take Personalised/Customised Diet/Therapeutic Nutrition Consultations for best results.
Dt. Neetha Dilip.
My wife age 27 she is pregnant but child was not growing & abortion was done by doctor. After 4mnth of abortion we tried again but she was not getting pregnant. Follicular study was done. After ovary size 40 mm HCG 10000 Injection given by doctor but egg not rupture & size was increase around 55-60 mm it become in form of cyst. Please reply why she was not getting pregnant.
Mere wife ka mc circle 26-27 days ka but last time 29 days pe hua tha aur uske bad hamne mc ke 4&5 days ko sex kiya aur is bar mc 32 day ho gaiya nhi aaya kya wo pregnent h.
Meri breast pr nipple k pas ek or do sal se choti si blister Nikli thi. Jisme se kuch white color ka kuch ajib sa niklta h. Us breast me na to drd h na hi kuch but wo blister muje khtm krni h. please ye btaiye ki m kya kru uske liye Koi home remedy or ointment.
I had pinkish very small lesions in my genital. Painless pusless n no itching or burning. Dey remained for a year I used candid cream, betadine wash but no improvement. My Dr's case was bending towards genital herpes. I had no sexual relationship but my bf used to insert his finger inside. My gynae prescribed me acyclovir cream. As I went for some blood tests HIV negative Vdrl negative TLC dlc normal Sugar normal but in torch test hsv1 igg was positive 8.08 Hsv2 igg negative Hsv1 & hsv2 combined igm negative. Also she referred me to dermatologist. But my xams were going on so I could not go der n started using surfaz sn only 4 days have gone n I can feel a clear change. My vagina is much better Now I am scared was it because of viral infection n it will be recurring again in future. Or it was fungal\ bact infection n I am cured now.
Hi doctor am 31 years married for 17 months, I dint get my period and my last period was 23rd may, and v r planning for baby and wen can I test my pregnancy, can I have intercourse with my partner, is it safe now? Please reply. Thanks and regards.
A menstrual cramp is something which every woman complains of for a day or two every month. Menstrual cramps are usually the pains felt in the lower abdomen, which can occur both before and during a woman's menstrual period. These cramps are caused by a hormone called prostaglandin that causes the uterine muscles to contract during menstruation. When the uterus contracts to shed its natural lining during your period it releases a hormone called prostaglandins which causes pain and inflammation. So higher the level of prostaglandins more severe the menstrual cramps.
It might be just a minor discomfort for some, but for others it can be severe. The symptoms of menstrual cramps include pain in the abdomen, pressure in the abdomen and pain in the hips, lower back, and inner thighs as well. However, if the cramps are severe you might have an upset stomach, loose stools and vomiting too.
Three out of four women experience menstrual pains and every one out of 10 women experiences severe cramps. Here are few remedies that might help in relieving the pain:
- Exercise, brisk walking or any type of physical activity can help to ease your belly pain as by being physically active your body pumps more blood, which helps in releasing endorphins to counteract the prostaglandins and reduce your cramps.
- Apply heat on the lower abdomen or the area where you feel the pain as it helps to relax the contracting muscles in your uterus.
- Improve your diet by reducing fat and increasing vegetables. However, avoid foods that contain caffeine and salt.
- Take a warm bath as it may also provide some relief.
- Add ginger in your food as it helps in lowering the levels of the pain-causing prostaglandins.
- Drink chamomile tea at least three times a day.
- Take fish oil supplements, vitamin B1 or both.
- Make sure to get enough vitamin D.
- Have an orgasm as it releases endorphins which has a pain-relieving effect and helps in boosting your mood as well.
- Include more dietary magnesium such as dry almonds and boiled spinach as it helps to ease the pain of cramps.
- Acupuncture also has an anti-inflammatory effect.
- Take a safe painkiller to reduce pain.
- Birth control pills may help relieve painful cramps, but they do come with side effects which may include spotting, breast tenderness, nausea and low sex drive.
- Refrain yourself from smoking and drinking alcohol.
- Finally, have appropriate rest.
Note: If you still do not get any relief despite trying some of these options then you must visit your doctor to rule out more serious health issues as the menstrual cramps are sometimes caused or worsened by other conditions and any sort of medications for such cramps are to be taken after consulting a Gynaecologist.