Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Kevin QuadrosYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctor! MY age is 32 I am trying to conceive for more than 2 years .My amh is low but I have follicles. I have started doing acupuncture 3 times a weak. Will it help me in ovulation and improving egg quality Kindly reply.
If I had done sex last night n in morning mensuration cycle start then, I shall take ipill or not to prevent pregnancy.
I had done sex with my bf it is around 40 day before and I use prega news test kit its result is positive is there any medicine who destroy this pregnancy any medicine or injection I don't want this pregnancy right now please help me.
My doctor has suggested to take this ovafar 50 instead (I got Fertomid 50 mg, is this is right medicine) two time a day after three days of mensuration cycle for five days then after 15 days of mensuration cycle I have to take defastron tab two times a day for 10 days is this rightly prescribed myage is 36. Last year I had been detected fibroid in uterus which is removed on Feb 11th of 2015 Till now I have no child.
How can I getting rid from stomach problem it arises too frequently within period of 1 month it arises when I eat rise?
It is as important for the man as it is for the woman to undergo certain tests before the IVF cycle is started. Fertility is not only an issue for a woman, but it also might be for the man in question. There are certain tests that need to be conducted on men before they can gear up for IVF:
1. Semen Analysis: One of the most important tests for male infertility is semen analysis. Sometimes, a man may be completely healthy, but his sperm production could be of poor quality. Semen analysis is done to provide an accurate evaluation of sperm number, the ability to move (motility), size and shape (morphology), as well as the consistency and volume of the sample collected.
2. Binding Test: Sometimes agglutination occurs where the sperms might stick to each other by their heads or tails. Sperm antibodies might cause this problem. The IVF treatment's success might be compromised if this happens. A simple binding test is done to determine this.
3. Trial Wash: This is also known as sperm wash. It is mostly done to remove chemicals from the sperm. Not doing a sperm wash might end up affecting the later stages of the IVF treatment. In this process, the misshapen and immotile sperm is separated so a clean sample of motile and healthy sperm can be collected.
4. TUNEL Assay: Since sperms build up about half of a child's genetic makeup, a TUNEL Assay or 'sperm DNA test' is required. This test is done to measure the sperm population that have fragmented DNA. Negative impacts on genetics can hamper the success of the fertility treatment.
TUNEL Assay is usually recommended to men with:
- Leukocytes detected by the sperm analysis
- Age approaching 50
- A history of diabetes II type or prostatitis
- Exposure to chemicals or prolonged heat at workplaces
5. Screening for Infectious Diseases: This test is done for both the partners to check for diseases like AIDS, Hepatitis C, and so on.
I am going to be 49 and have been having irregular heavy periods and also have fibroids. Should I just ignore the condition and wait for menopause to happen? I am also hypothyroid for the last 23 years.
1. Keep children in mosquito nets
2. Apply natural mosquito repellent on their bodies
3. Give them 2-3 litres of fluids including glucose, fruit & vegetable juice and water
4. Use neem leaves to burn and cleanse your home
5. Keep tulsi plant in each room of your house.
It is not always that fats are bad for us, they are even good at times that is fats help our body to absorb certain vitamins. However, too much quanity is not good for our. Read on to know reasons why fats are good for our health.
- Fats are considered to be the best source of energy that is derived from food for the body.
- Fats which contain medium chain fatty acids, like coconut oil, help in weight loss. The good fats, increase the fat burning, reduce unhealthy cravings, and prevent unhealthy storage of fat in the body.
- Fats from good sources are beneficial for weight gain in case of an underweight person.
- Fats are known to maintain the body temperature as they provide heat. Heat insulation is provided by the fat under the skin.
- The calories from the fat are saved in the body as a fuel.
- Fats, which are healthy increase the absorption of fat soluble vitamins like A, D, E and K along with mineral absorption.
- Carotene is converted to vitamin A by the good fat and this is good for the eyesight.
- Fats are considered to be good lubricants and prevent dehydration.
- A protective padding is provided by fat around vital organs.
- The healthy fats prevent the body from experiencing inflammation, thereby improving immunity.
- Healthy building blocks are formed for hormones and cell membranes by fats. The good fats are used by the body to build the cell walls. The 10 trillion cells in the body require fats to metabolize insulin.
- Fatty acids which are found in the healthy fats such as caprylic acid are believed to act as anti-viral substances and antibacterial by lauric acid.
- Stearic and palmitic acids are found in fat rich food which help to lower the cholesterol.
- Butyric acid which is found in some fats like ghee help in reducing the risk of cancer.
- Good and high quality fats help in memory enhancement, mental functions, and happiness and learning abilities.
- Fats like coconut oil, castor oil and ghee lubricate the colon and provide support in digestion and elimination process.
- Ghee is considered to have some medicinal properties as it has the ability to absorb nutrients from the herbs. These fats also carry herbs to the desired tissue or organ.
- Fat is believed to be a good source of food for the pregnant women as it helps with the development of the child's brain.
- Healthy fat rich foods are also dense in nutrients such as minerals, calcium and Vitamin E, A, D, K.
- Flexibility and endurance is promoted by healthy fats which is very helpful in people who work for long shift hours that are physically demanding.