Find numerous Anesthesiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. Ketki ShahYour feedback matters!
I want to know about ligaments. I fall down while jump I think my knee ligaments broken I can not walk properly and in xray there no such type of problem. So what should I do.
One of the deadly diseases caused by the bite of an infected mosquito is Chikungunya. If you suddenly experience unbearable joint pain with symptoms of fever, consult a doctor immediately. Even the name Chikungunya etymologically means "to become twisted". If you are having the aforementioned symptoms, there is a high chance you are suffering from Chikungunya.
Symptoms of Chikungunya: Chikungunya affects your body within 3-4 days of the mosquito bite. The first sign of Chikungunya is sudden fever, which causes mild tremors in your body accompanied by severe pain and swelling of the joints. A headache and pain in the muscles are other two symptoms of this disease. The most glaring indication that you are suffering from it is the excessive joint pain you experience. This pain usually lasts for a few days to a couple of weeks. If left untreated, this disease can prove to be fatal.
- The joint pain will have a paralyzing effect on your body resulting in extreme pain.
- Your finger joints and foot exhibit signs of swelling, causing severe pain.
- You will experience pain in your hip, wrists and elbows.
Other symptoms of the disease include neurological and mild cardiac complications. You may even complain of having an eyesore. Also, there are chances of you suffering from gastrointestinal problems. However, none of these symptoms will be as severe as the excruciating joint pain you experience.
Some preventive measures can be taken, them being:
- Drink plenty of water to keep yourself hydrated.
- Get plenty of sleep. It might be impossible for you to sleep especially when you are having body aches. Thus ask your doctor for some painkillers which will let you rest.
- Paracetamol is a must to beat fever and joint pain.
- Anti-inflammatory pills will be strictly recommended by your doctor to treat the inflammation.
- Use a mosquito net at night
- Keep your house clean so that the Chikungunya mosquitoes don't thrive
I am 33 years old & have been working from 10 to 7 on a chair in front of Laptop from more than 8 years now. Never ever faced back-pain problem before. I am noticing this back-pain problem (since last 4-5 months now). I delayed to look into it as I first thought it was a strain/stress occurring due to holding my newborn child in my arms for longer periods, sometime 4-5 hours. And now it seems that the pain is severe, starts everyday when I try to get up in morning & lingers in between throughout the day. The pain occurs (1) at my center of spine area & lower back area below chest wall - when I stretch backwards, (2) on my lower chest walls, at both sides, when I tilt sideways in opposite direction and (3) not sure if pain is also occurring in my lungs. Is it serious like bone cancer, lungs disease or is it normal, because of stressed working lifestyle, what should I do?
I was suffering from chicken gunya and now a days joint pain and chest is paining so much even my thighs are paining.
I do not know why I feel back ache whenever for a long time I bow down for washing my clothes and any other work. Please suggest me some exercise for this or any good tips to avoid this ache.
He is suffering from back pain. When he sits for a long time and then walk, often the pain arises. He took medicines and now the pain decreased a little. Is there anything severe to concern about?
I am 20 Year old Female, I usually suffer a lot with my Waist pain where my spinal cord starts during Menstrual Cycle. What should I do?
Mosquitoes, though tiny, can wreak havoc on the human health. Malaria and dengue were common enough, but now another disease doing the rounds is chikungunya. This is a viral disease that spreads by the bites of Aedes aegypti mosquitoes. The disease lasts for 5 to 7 days and the catch is that there is no identified cure for the disease.
Symptoms of chikungunya are very non-indicative and include high temperature, rashes and multiple spots on the body, multiple joint pains, headaches, conjunctivitis and insomnia problem. The presence of joint pains associated with a high incidence of mosquito breeding is indicative of chikungunya. The fever usually subsides in a couple of days, but the other symptoms would persist for about a week.
Management of chikungunya includes a combination of prevention and treatment. Prevention is more important than treatment as it is easier done.
- To the maximum extent possible, avoid mosquito bites.
- Avoid using rain water-filled containers, potted plants that stagnate water and drinking bowls for domestic animals.
- Wear full-sleeved clothing when mosquito bites are likely to be higher.
- Use mosquito repellents in the forms of coils, creams, and mats
- Use mosquito nets where possible
- Prevent mosquito breeding by draining possible areas of water stagnation
Treatment: There is no specific allopathic remedy for the treatment of chikungunya. The prescribed medicines are only for symptomatic relief, and given the intense and prolonged joint pains, the patient ends up using a lot of pain killers. There are cases where the pains may persist for up to 6 months. This is where Ayurveda comes into the picture, as there are multiple effective remedies that have been proven effective over the ages.
- Massage your joints with a mixture of castor oil, drumstick, camphor, garlic, and coconut oil. This oil can be heated and stored in a glass jar for about 3 days. Warm this oil and use it for effective relief of the joint pains.
- A mixture of castor oil and cinnamon can also be used to massage the painful joints.
- A concoction of ajwain seeds, raisins or dry grapes, tulsi leaves, and neem leaves boiled in water is an effective remedy for the joint pains. This is to be used when it is warm after food and the residual ingredients chewed upon.
- A diet rich in fresh fruits, greens and vegetables is highly recommended.
- Drinking sufficient amounts of liquids (water, coconut water, lime juice, and buttermilk) to keep good hydration levels and recuperate from the illness.
- Ensure sufficient rest for the joints even after the initial fever has subsided.
Ayurveda has references to something called “sandhijwara” which is “fever of the joints”. Sandhijwara is very similar to chikungunya and these remedies used for this can be very useful in treating chikungunya. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.