Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
As much as we would like to ignore it, domestic abuse is a very common problem. Not every woman has the strength to fight against it and confide in someone. As a friend, it is your duty to look out for them. You don’t have to be an expert in psychology to know the warning signs of domestic violence. Here are 8 such warning signs.
- She is quiet when he is around: If your friend is normally jovial and suddenly becomes quiet the moment her partner is around, don’t overlook the change. She may be scared of saying something that might upset him and start a fight.
- She allows herself to be put down: In almost all cases of domestic violence, the woman is made to feel guilty about everything. This becomes habit and she loses her will to fight back. If you notice you’re friend allowing her partner to walk over her and put her down, she may be facing abuse at home.
- She withdraws from friends and family: Social withdrawal is another major sign of domestic violence. There may be a number of reasons for this; he is too possessive of her, she is injured and scared of letting people see her injuries etc.
- Unexplained injuries: Making an excuse that walking into a door caused a black eye isn’t only a scene from the movies. If your friend suddenly starts wearing inappropriate clothes such as long sleeved tops in summer, she may be a victim of domestic abuse. Look out for such excuses and injuries.
- Plans that are frequently cancelled at the last moment: Victims of domestic abuse often make plans, but never keep them. This could be because their partner does not like them going out without them or because she is injured and doesn’t want you to see her injuries.
- She has casually mentioned violent behavior, but dismissed it lightly: Casually mentioning violent behavior at home could be your friend’s way of trying to tell you that something is wrong. We fear being judged and hence it is sometimes very difficult to speak openly about facing domestic abuse. If you feel a friend is being domestically abused, encourage her to share her problems with you.
- Her finances and personal choices are not controlled by her: Domestic abuse victims usually have most of their lives controlled by their partners. This includes finances, choice of clothing, social attendance etc.
- The children seem nervous and frequently upset: Children may not say much, but notice a lot. Even if they are not abused, seeing their mother hurt can affect a child and make them moody, withdrawn and upset.
Me and my gf had done the sexual foreplay activity on 26th of nov. But there was not any kind of penetration. I used my penis to foreplay with her vagina. We didn't do sex. But she has missed her periods which was supposed to be on 2nd of dec. Is there any chances of getting pregnant. What does she need to do to avoid pregnancy?
My last period was on 5 may and today milky white discharge with this my kegs and lowe back is so pain. Is it safe or not pls help me soon.
In a study led by Dr Lisa Moran, from the University of Adelaide’s Robinson Research Institute and Monash University’s Monash Centre for Health Research Implementation, researchers looked at the relationship between vitamin D and PCOS.
Low vitamin D commonly found in overweight women
They found PCOS alone is not associated with vitamin D deficiency but that low vitamin D is commonly found in overweight women.
Dr Moran says the study was the first time researchers looked at the interactions between vitamin D, inflammation and mood disorders in women with PCOS.
Dr Moran said the common endocrine condition affects up to 21 per cent of reproductive-aged women and it can be associated with a wide range of reproductive, metabolic and psychological side effects.
“Depression, anxiety and inflammation are common side effects experienced by women with PCOS, and vitamin D deficiency has been associated with both mood disorders and inflammation in the general population. So we wanted to investigate the relationship between vitamin D deficiency and PCOS,” she said.
Not directly linked to vitamin D deficiency
Dr Moran said they found PCOS is not directly linked to vitamin D deficiency.
“We found for the first time that there is an association between vitamin D levels with both depression and inflammation in overweight women, regardless of whether they have PCOS or not,” said Dr Moran.
“We also found that vitamin D deficiency was common in women generally and there were no differences in vitamin D levels between women with and without PCOS,” she said.
Dr Moran said these findings support further research into treating depression with vitamin D supplements, particularly in women with PCOS.
“Further research is needed into the link between vitamin D, inflammation and depression in order to develop the best prevention and treatment measures, but this is an important finding,” she said.
The findings of this research were published in the journal Gynecological Endocrinology.