Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Ketan PanchamiaYour feedback matters!
He is the sixth doctor I have visted, but the first doctor who knen what he was talking and gave me some confidence.
I am a 28 years old female I have cold, sneezing, running nose, problem frequently due to dust, cold climate or sweat for about 5 years i am not able to take fruits and have backache problem past 2 months, and how to improve my skin how to brighten, what treatment can I take.
It cannot really be a nice situation to be in when a person happens to have osteoarthritis. So, while a lot of the effort to improve the situation is focused on making use of painkilling medicines, can physiotherapy help in such cases?
Well, the answer is a resounding yes! When osteoarthritis patients practice some physiotherapy on a regular basis, what they will find is that a fair amount of the freedom they had before the condition affected them would have returned. Is this not some great news?
- When it comes to active physiotherapy in order to improve a situation of osteoarthritis, it is generally divided to fall into categories. These categories are namely exercises in strengthening and exercises in flexibility. While the former group aims to make the joints stronger, the latter makes an effort to restore the normal functioning as a result of increasing the range of motion.
- Truth be told, it can be said that both are of very high importance in order to cause an improvement. In addition to this, following the directions of the physiotherapist is vital, as an expert knows what hero she is talking about!
- While a lot has been told about active physiotherapy, in order to fight osteoarthritis, what can be said of passive physiotherapy for the condition? There are three general categories of treatment under passive physiotherapy. They are heat therapy, cold therapy and hydrotherapy. The aim is to use the different sensations the three have so as to cause an improvement in the circulation of blood in the area or to reduce the extent of the pain and symptoms which are part and parcel of having osteoarthritis.
- Cold therapy usually takes place by the way of a cold compress which is applied to the knee. What the aim is, in this case, is that the amount of swelling in the region will reduce and so, the pain that is being felt will also recede, to some extent.
- On the other hand, in the case of heat therapy, improved blood flow helps decrease the amount of stiffness. Mobility is obviously an issue when it comes to having osteoarthritis and the best way to get mobile again is to do so in water where the impact is very minimal, as compared to other surfaces. This is why hydrotherapy exists and is so successful.
- A lot of osteoarthritis exercises can be done at home after the proper technique is learnt and with such benefits, everyone would wish to learn!
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I had played basketball and cricket. My legs now paining severely. I can barely walk. Pain is mainly in the heel and tibia. Advice me some exercise and diet to make them strong again.
I am suffering from headache and body ache since last few months there is pain in legs also. Sometimes feeling cold and sometimes sweating highly.
I have pain in both wrists sometimes while writing fast or working on computer. It happened 5 years back. While it was left undiagnosed due to difference of opinion. One said due to uric acid another veins or ortho etc. The difference of opinion confused me and left it untreated for so long and neglected and undiagnosed. Kindly advise.
A fracture separates a single solid object into two or more pieces due to pressure. In medical terms, a fracture refers to a broken bone due to some kind of external trauma. A crack in the bone, on the other hand, it does not cause a clean break in the bone, there is only a separation or discontinuity in the bone material.
A crack in the bone caused due to repeated stress is often called as 'hairline fracture'. Here are the basic differences between a crack and a fracture in the bone and how to treat them:
- A crack or hairline fracture is rarely caused by a single injury. It is usually the result of bone fatigue, which may be caused due to repeated, concentrated stress over a long period of time and thus, it is also called as 'stress fracture'. Other bone fractures are almost always the result of sudden and severe force on the bones.
- The skeletal system constantly remodels itself. The cells, known as 'osteoblasts' absorb calcium and secrete bone connective tissue. If a particular site is exposed to recurrent bouts of force (which are individually not impactful enough to cause a crack), over time the osteoblasts in that region malfunction and the crack appears. Muscular exhaustion can also cause cracks in the bone. Fractures are caused due to sudden external single force trauma to the bone. Nutritional problems like deficiencies of Calcium, Phosphorus, vitamin D and excessive smoking decrease the bone mineral density and increase the chance of both cracks and fractures.
- Symptoms of a crack are swelling, tenderness and sharp pain in the injured region and the symptoms worsen over time. A fracture has similar symptoms and might also exhibit an external physical distortion and makes it impossible to move that part of the body that where the bone is broken.
- An MRI is often suggested for detecting the crack or crack-prone areas because an X-ray can only detect the crack after it widens somewhat or the bone starts paining because the rays cannot pass through the tiny gap in bone material. A fracture is easily detectable by an X-ray because the rays pass right through the break.
- Complete rest for six to eight weeks is the most effective way of healing a crack. Using a walking boot in case of cracks in the leg bones in also helpful. Healing fractures require extensive medical intervention. Surgical techniques like bone grafting and the insertion of metal plates are used to reposition the broken bone.
My mother is suffering from severe pain in the joints from several days, can it be due to lack of calcium?
Hello, I'm having mid and upper back pain in right side only. Its been more then a year I'm having this pain. I feel this pain coming from deep inside cause my moment not resist can do my daily activity. Pain anytime increase and decrease. Anytime up and go down low automatically. I been to many doctor but nobody can help me in this condition. Pain started from chest rib cage pain then shifted to mid back pain then it's stiff my neck and after that it's causing trigger pain in my upper back and now it's shifted to mid back right side. What can be the reason of this kind of pain? Can anyone help? nowadays I feel pain in back of rib cage and near mid back Spain. I'm looking for get rid of this pain. Morning waking up feel pain and stiffness. And when lying in back pain speared all over upper right side. Can any good Dr. help me find cause if yes then help me. Really looking for answer. I'm having disc minimal bulge in c5/c6.
My self 55 male. I have severe pain in upper part of the right hand. Driving gives severe pain. Please suggest what medicines to be taken.
While running there is pain in right side after running 500m so I have to stop running. Whats the solution?
Arthritis is among the most common ailments that afflict a large section of the population, especially comprising the age groups of beyond 40 years. Acute joint pains, difficulties in movement and weakened bones are among the most common symptoms of arthritis. Given that it is a condition that has permeated modern life so deeply and that it has also caused a lot of unwanted hindrance to your normal activities, arthritis is one of the feared illnesses of our times. It is true that a fair amount of research has been dedicated towards finding a viable cure for arthritis and many have in fact proven to be effective, but most of these drugs come with their own baggage of side effects. Thus, many of us seek a more natural and lasting healing option that not only soothes the pain but restores our health from within.
Over the recent years, acupuncture has gained a lot of steam as an effective and comprehensive therapy for a wide range of diseases. Among the others, joint ailments and arthritis are prominent diseases that have been comprehensively minimized by benefits reaped out of acupuncture.
Acupuncture believes that the health boosting energy flows through your body through strategic pressure points and by stimulating spasms and afflicted muscles through insertion of tiny needles into the skin, pain can be adequately diminished. Acupuncture also ebbs the harmful side effects that anti-inflammatory drugs and painkillers cause.
Some of the obvious benefits of acupuncture could be enlisted as follows
Alternative to Surgeries: On several occasions, on account of the failure of the usual drug therapy, you may opt for joint replacement surgeries which again usher in its own set of distresses. Acupuncture on the contrary, cures the pain by relying on your innate defense mechanisms and facilitates a natural remedy to arthritis.
- Enhances the effectiveness of the usual drugs: For those enduring chronic arthritis pains, acupuncture brings substantial relief, but the treatment is long drawn. In such cases, one may choose to not discontinue the drugs and use acupuncture as a complementary therapy. Even in such cases, acupuncture is extremely helpful. It offsets the harmful effects that the drugs have on your body and boosts their impacts on the diseased parts of your body. This method has proven to be a reliable recipe for complete recovery.