Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kerkar Balwant ShantaramYour feedback matters!
She have fever last a day i give her oflo m suspension b/d meftagesic d's 4 times now what I do age of my daughter is 2.7 year.
My daughter 2.8 years age often complaints about stomachache; more often before passing stool. What can be the reason and what is the remedy.
Hi sir, my wife is 3months pregnancy n it was by ivf. Now we were done blood test today tsh is. 09 n t4 is 2.03. Is there any risk to baby? Please suggest me a good solution please.
My 2years & 8 month old girl child has been coughing for few days. Her weight is 11Kg. I gave her tulsi & Honey now she is better than before. Our house is beside main road so we have some dust problem. Please suggest what to try.
My 2 month old baby has phlegm and she isn't able to breathe freely and is vomiting her feeds sometimes. We consulted a pediatrician and she advised us to give her steam and use nasoclear. Are there any other suggestions to help relieve my baby? Can I apply some vapour rub on her chest? Any coconut oil?
My daughter is 1.4years old, she is having giant nevus CMN on her face, covering right eye forehead and chick. Please suggest action of treatment along with type of surgery if required.
2 mahine ke baby ko pet dard/constipation ke liye medicine suggest kare. Aur jyada rona na aaye to kya kare?
My 5 year daughter has asthma. What is the effect of using an asthma preventer long time? I heard that using for the year might cause bone shrinkage. Is it true?
He is of 10 months only born in 7th month by operation. He is suffering from both sides inguinal hernia which was diagnosed after two months of birth. Left side more and right side less and visible rarely. But left side often the hernia comes down. What is the treatment for it. Is surgery advisable for a infant.
I am suffering from headache, cough and cold l. I have also taken medicines but didnt got any relief. I am having fever since 3 days.
Doctor, my baby is 5 months old, before getting pregnant my weight is 47.9kg, during pregnancy I gained 15 kg more, my baby is 3 kg when I delivered, it is an normal delivery, now I checked my weight, it is only 48kg, ayurveda doctor told me that my breast milk is thick than others, baby needs milk only 3 hrs gap, now I am taking calcium tablets daily, what should I do now for gaining weight? Please answer me.
Hi, My baby girl is 6 months old she is suffering from motions from last 6 days we consulted doctor but it is not stopping.
How can I change the habit of breast feeding of my child of 3 yrs? She is not taking any other foods. please help.
My child is getting loose motion since 2days and he is uncomfortable feeling n he is having zincris syrup and ondem n prygesic as per Dr. child age 14mths.
My one year 5 month old daughter is passing stools 3 times a day. 2 times normal consistency and one time liquid. Is it normal? She is underweight too n has lack of immunity as she falls sick every once or twice in month. Please suggest any healthy diet.
My daughter age is 5 yrs. She has a habit of doing toilet in nights daily. What to do now please advise me.
Children are more susceptible to health problems as their immunity is still developing and along with frequent infections such as fever or stomach problems, skin problems are a common affliction. Most skin problems within children are a manifestation of the underlying conditions such as allergies or other sicknesses. Some of the common skin allergies and problems are mentioned here.
- Heat Rash or Prickly Heat: This is possibly the most common skin condition that children are generally afflicted by. These are small red bumps on the skin which look like minute pimples. It is caused due to the blockage of the pores and excessive sweating due to hot weather or wearing warm clothes.
- Ringworm: Unlike the name, this condition isn’t actually caused by the infection from a worm. Ringworm is named so due to the ring that forms on the skin which is scaly, inflamed, red in color and can be quite itchy. It is mostly caused by a fungus that lives on the skin. Ringworms are mostly passed through skin to skin contact.
- Chickenpox Rashes: Although there are vaccines that have minimized the occurrence of this disease, it still occurs from time to time. One of the tell-tale signs of this disease are the rashes that may develop all over the body which is accompanied by fever. Although, these may go away, some marks from the rashes may remain and it is important to take care so that they don’t leave any mark behind.
- Eczema: This is another very common skin condition that afflicts many kids and is usually attributed to allergies and asthma. The typical symptoms usually include a patch of raised skin which is inflamed and red. Children often complain about excessive itching and the affected skin tends to be quite dry. Although topical medications are useful, curing or treating the underlying symptoms shows remarkable improvement.
- Impetigo: This is a type of bacterial infection which primarily occurs around the mouth and nose but repeated scratching can spread it around other parts of the body as well. In this condition, red sores or blisters may develop on the skin and then develop a yellow crust which may even ooze fluid sometimes. It is mostly spread by the use of objects such as toys and clothing items or even towels. Antibiotics may be required to treat this condition.
- Allergic reactions or contact dermatitis: Another very common skin problems that affect kids, this occurs as a reaction to certain chemicals such as those found in certain foods, soaps, plants or insects which may either cause a lesion or an inflamed area on the skin. In some cases, it may form blister, although all of these will go away on their own. However, if it persists for more than a week or two or if it is extremely painful, you should immediately take your child to the doctor. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.