Find numerous Homeopaths in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Homeopaths with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kerfegar WadiaYour feedback matters!
Is there any possibility to get hair growth to a thyroid person after he got normal levels of the Harmon.
Hi, I am 31 years old, and I am having backache for 1 and half years. Also having pain in right shoulder to wrist. Please tell.
I am 19 years and I sneeze sometime countinously for 7-15 times I visited several doctors. Sometime my aesnophil also increase can you help it?
Sir my ejaculation time is around 4-5 minutes I had sex just 4 times I feel its very less time What should I do N what is average ejaculation time of indian mens.
I am 19 year old and I am very weak health wise. My weight is just 45 kg can you please suggest me some health diet tips.
I am 23 years old. And my weight is 60. I want to grow up my weight. So can I have any solution? please help me.
After squeezing the juice from the lemon, can the leftover lemon peel be cut into small pieces and swallowed with water?
My son is 5+ year. His weight is 13+kg. (d.o.b=1-11-11. He is very much active also. His daily routine diet is. Morning m 9: 30=fruit break Then 11 am=1butter paratha, sabji 2: 15 pm =1 glass milk 3: 30 pm= 2 butter chapati, sabji 7: 30 pm= snacks (biscuit, chips etc) 10:15 pm=2 chapati, sabji.ya (1 chapati, rice+sabji/dal) ***but usky sath k aur baccho k according bahut jada patla hai. Kya y diet usky liy thik hai. I am very worried about him or agr koi supplement hai to please btaye. Or 5 + bachhay ka Kya wait hona chahiye.
Radiology is a specialized branch of science concerned with the treatment and diagnosis of diseases through high energy radiation or X-rays. Interventional radiology also known as vascular radiology is a subspecialty of radiology. Interventional radiology involves the use of a variety of techniques for diagnosing or treating a particular disease. Some of these techniques are Ultrasound, MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) and X-ray among the others.
Radiology has several advantages. Six prime advantages of Radiology are mentioned below:
- Radiology and Interventional radiology are sometimes completely non-invasive or less invasive methods of diagnosis and treatment. These diagnostic and treatment procedures involve the use of digital imaging or photographic images and needle insertion.
- Radiology is a less expensive method of treatment as compared to other surgical or medicinal treatment procedures.
- Blood vessel diseases like narrowing of arteries, which obstructs smooth flow of the blood, hemorrhage, blood clots and vein blockage can be easily treated with the help of radiology.
- Radiology can effectively treat benign or malignant tumors. It destroys the tumor in situ (original position of growth) and also counters tumors that has spread to other parts of the body due to metastasis( the process through which cancer cells spread from its original position to the other organs of the body).
- The procedure of radiology can also be used for inserting feeding tube into a patient's body or for the purpose of draining out fluids from the abdominal region or chest.
- Radiology is considered to be a popular treatment for treating different stone diseases such as kidney stones or gallstones.
All radiological procedures are conducted by or under the supervision of experienced specialists known as Radiologists.
I was perfectly fine but since one year, I have been having erection problems. I am able to achieve a strong erection in the beginning, but my penis becomes soft and loses erection after 10-15 mins. I have been taking the occasional local viagra. Please help me out here.
I'm 21 year old man. I wanna ask that how our diet is balanced? during jogging can we drink water or not?
I have sore throat and cough. I feel like something is falling in my throat and my nose is stuffed. While sleeping I have to keep my mouth open to breath. What should I take?
Osteoporosis is a condition which usually results due to a decrease in bone density. In this condition, the bones become weak and brittle. Fractures are a common result of osteoporosis. Usually, symptoms or signs do not show up until the condition progresses to its advanced stages.
Since osteoporosis is usually irreversible and incurable, preventing the fractures is considered to be extremely important.
Who is at risk of osteoporosis?
All men and women have some risk of developing 'thinning' of the bones (osteoporosis) as they become older, particularly over the age of 60. As mentioned above, women are more at risk than men. The following situations may also lead to excessive bone loss and so increase your risk of developing osteoporosis. If you:
- Are a woman who had the menopause before 45 years of age
- Have already had a bone fracture after a minor fall or bump
- Have a strong family history of osteoporosis.
- Have a body mass index (BMI) of 19 or less (that is, you are very underweight)
- Have irregular periods
- Have taken, or are taking, a steroid medicine (such as prednisolone) for three months or more
- Are a smoker
- Have an alcohol intake of more than four units per day
- Lack calcium and/or vitamin D (due to a poor diet and/or little exposure to sunlight).
- Are mostly inactive
Ways To Treat Osteporosis
Osteoporosis in women can be treated using Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT). The therapy makes use of either a combination of progestin and oestrogen or simply, oestrogen. However, it is possible that certain combinations have side-effects that might give rise to other medical conditions. Therefore, proper consultation with an orthopedist is an essential pre-requisite so that the condition of osteoporosis as well the side effects may be addressed before proceeding with Hormone Replacement Therapy.
There are a number of medications that can be used which have long-term effects on osteoporosis. However, the schedule for intake of these medicines should be followed diligently. Failing to adhere to the schedule could lead to serious complications. For example, the intake of Risedronate medications (prevent bone loss) should be scheduled once every month, failing which can cause ulcers in the food pipe. Raloxifene has effects which are similar to oestrogen but does not exhibit any serious side effects. Teriparatide can be used to treat osteoporosis in people who have a high risk of suffering from bone fractures.
Don't rely entirely on medication as the only treatment for your osteoporosis. These practices also are important:
- Exercise. Weight-bearing physical activity and exercises that improve balance and posture can strengthen bones and reduce the chance of a fracture. The more active and fit you are as you age, the less likely you are to fall and break a bone.
- Good nutrition. Eat a healthy diet and make certain that you're getting enough calcium and vitamin D. Being underweight or losing a lot of weight unintentionally is associated with poorer bone health and a higher risk of fracture — even if you're taking a bisphosphonate.
- Quit smoking. Smoking cigarettes speed up bone loss.
- Limit alcohol. If you choose to drink alcohol, do so in moderation. For healthy adults, that means up to one drink a day for women of all ages and men older than age 65, and up to two drinks a day for men age 65 and younger.