Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Keiki V. MehtaYour feedback matters!
Sir. My eye aches after studying about half an hour. And it reacts painfully to bright light. What should I do?
I am a 45 years male, diabetic for last 16 years. On novomix 30 insulin, 30iu x2 times a day. Since last one week I am getting a searing pain in my left eye ball. The eye becomes red. I have consulted eye specialist. There are no problems as per doctor But the pain comes back. Please advise. Partha Basu.
My eyes are becoming watery without any reason most of the time in a day, it is so embarrassing, wanted to the reason for the same
Hi doctor, my left eye has become swollen and red. It all started 5 days ago when I develop chicken pox. Still have it. Does chicken pox comes in eye? It discharges sometime tears and waste material in large quantity. My eye is feeling heavy and it is not showing any improvement. Can you suggest me how to cure it. It is painful.
1) My eye tension given is 18 is this "normal? 2)is his common? Or. Im on risk of ocular hypertension? 3) does fundus slit lamp detect intermittent squint?
I am Tausif Ahmed. I am 17 years old. I am suffering from a eye problem. The problem is eye floaters. I have too much floaters. So how can I reduce eye floaters. please Suggest me.
I have yellowish nails and little fever from several days and I have red eyes from 3 days and inching very much what should I do.
I am 18 years boy and I wear glasses for eye side weakness for 9 years but now I want to get rid from it but naturally is there any way I will take tablets or home remedies or exercises is there any perfect fully trusted way.
I have red eyes over 3days. What should I do now? Is there any serious symptoms of diseases? When should I call the doctor? Tell me some precautions and treatment for that.
My eyes are burn when I saw lights or screens frequently and also dry what will I do to reduce this?
I am Having squint eyes, due to an accident my eyes went like squint. Is there any treatment to gain as normal eyes? If surgery made, is it be permanent? Else it'll become squint again?
My eye is kcaratoconoused I got c3r done. Will my huge power of 7 decrease after continuously wearing the power glasses.
I m facing a little problem I have red eyes for 2days and I used ciplox drop twice a day. But nothing happened. Is something serious?
My eyes is very darkness eyes is blinking but kyo meri aankhon se bahut jyada pani girta hai subah uthne ke baad.please help me
Since five days ,I am feeling pain above the right eye and mostly it happens around 1 pm to 5 pm in day when I use to be in office, and after sleeping for few hours it pains little.
LASIK or laser in situ keratomileusis, is a form of corrective surgery that help patients who are suffering from near sightedness (Myopia), far sightedness (Hypermetropia) and even astigmatism (cylindrical power in glasses). This procedure aims at correcting the shape of the cornea, which is the transparent layer that lines the front of the eye. Through this procedure, the cornea is reshaped so that the retina receives a focused light.
So what are the health tips for people going through a LASIK procedure? Here is our take:
Biggest advantage of LASIK is that it helps people to get rid of Glasses and contact lenses, which sometimes are cosmetically unacceptable and in some cases are visually disabling.
Best part of LASIK is that it is:
- Quick (total duration of surgery is hardly 5 minutes) and virtually painless.
- Has a high success rate ( success rate is 96%).
- Does not require bandages or stitches.
- Adjustments can be made years later to alter the vision as per growing impairment in the future and advancing years.
Minor side effects like dryness, glare and halos, if appear, subside with time.
Any person 18 yrs or older who fulfils the following criteria can undergo Lasik surgery
- Stable refraction
- Corneal thickness and topography should be in normal range
- Dilated retinal examination should be normal
- Adequately wet eyes
Note: One should abstain from wearing contact lens at least 2 weeks before the procedure.
Precaution after the Procedure:
Patient is likely to have some inflammation after the procedure and temporary dryness.
Use medicines as prescribed by the doctor
- Avoid any type of eye makeup for at least 1 month after surgery
- Avoid swimming or water sports for at least 2- 3 weeks after surgery
Going through a LASIK procedure is a matter of finding the right specialist and ensuring that you take all the precautions before the procedure. Also, it is important to look into your medical history and eyes in particular so as to avoid complications
Also known as short-sightedness, myopia is an eye disorder, which disables a person from seeing things clearly from a distance. Myopia impedes one's capability to see distant objects vividly and induces a general sense of blurriness. One of the most common cure for myopic conditions is the constant exposure to concave lenses, which stabilizes the curvature of the refracting surface of the eye, thus improving one's sight. Hence spectacles or contact lenses become the constant companion to a myopic individual. Myopia is often accompanied by sustained headaches and chronic colds.
In fact, under certain circumstances, myopia gets aggravated progressively, which often jeopardizes the health of the eye immensely. In the contemporary situation, where we are persistently exposed to gadgets of all sorts, maintaining the health of our eye becomes a cumbersome task. Periodic monitoring by ophthalmologists is a recommended method.
However, Ayurveda offers some easy and home-based formulae to alleviate the symptoms of myopia:
- Yashti Madhu: A teaspoonful of Yashti Madhu mixed with ghee and honey can prove beneficial to healing myopic conditions.
- Saptamrita Lauha: This medicine comprises of constituents endowed with medicinal properties like triphala, yashtimadhu, lauha bhasma, ghee and honey. It benefits the nervous activities, thereby soothing myopic troubles. It reaps better results when consumed with milk.
- Diet: Myopia is often worsened by a deficiency of vitamins in the body. Therefore increasing the supply of vitamin rich food, enhances the immunity of the body and reduces the strain on the eye caused by myopia. Some of the food items that are replete with vitamins are carrots, green leafy vegetables, citrus fruits, nuts and berries. Fish is also a very effective source of vitamins and is proven to be helpful to the eye.
- Netra Tarpan: Eye drops have often been effective cure to myopia. Netra Tarpan is an ayurvedic eye drop imbued with healing properties which not only tranquilizes the irritation in the eye, but also improves the vision.
- Lifestyle changes: Executing certain lifestyle changes can result in significant improvement in one's eyesight. Yoga and meditation are known to usher explicit health benefits. Regular sleep is also a prerequisite for curing myopia.