Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Keiki R MehtaYour feedback matters!
I have eye problem. I can not see long distance sight. Facing huge problem while studying too. please help me and suggest any way to solve it.
Pichle kucg smay se mere vision me problem ho rhi hai. Muje 3-4 black dots nazar aate hai. Pichle saal se ye problem ho rhi hai. Pahle ek hi dot nazar aata tha ab 3-4 dots nazar aate hai. Mene private doctor ko bhi dikhaya to unhone ise normal btaya or unke treatment se koi bhi fark nhi pda. Muje lense ke sath sath cylender bhi lgta hai. Mere dono aankho me 1 number ke lense or 2.5 Right eye and 3.0 Left eye 180 degree cylender lggte hai. Ye normal hai ya nhi. Iska kya tratment hai?
Vision is one of our most important senses. Reduced vision that triggers the need for corrective glasses is one of the most common disorders associated with the eyes. Crossed eyes are another such common disorder that affects the eyes. In medical terms it is also known as Strabismus. This condition is a result of miscommunication between the brain and the eye muscles that result in misalignment of the eyes. It is largely a hereditary condition and should not be confused with a lazy eye syndrome.
In fact one of the condition causing lazy eyes! Crossed eyes can cause double vision and disorientation. Your depth perception may also be affected. It also causes eye strains and headaches that affect the quality of your life. This condition is seen mostly in children. If not treated in time, it can continue into the adult years as well. The development of crossed eyes in adults who have not suffered from this condition as children is usually a sign of a serious condition such as a stroke.
Some symptoms characteristic of this condition are:
- Independent movement of eye balls
- Tilting the head to a side
- Squinting Varied points of reflection in each eye
- Frequently bumping into things as a result of impaired depth perception
Treatment for this condition can be surgical as well as non surgical.
Non surgical treatment aims at strengthening the eye muscles and treating the visual system as a whole. The aim is to not allow the eye to become lazy or amblyopic. If the squint is due to refractive error then corrective glasses are prescribed which need to be worn regularly.
In some case lazy eye requires patching whe re it is worn over the strong eye. In some cases glasses and patching both are advised. Medication may also be injected into the eye to relax the eye in cases were paralysis is the reason for squint. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.
I have short sight and I am 18 years. I wear glasses continuously every day. I am willing to play badminton. So wearing spectacles might get in my way. What is the best alternative I have and how much will it cost on an average?
Hi Doctor, Now a days my eyes became very red. I need to work in front of system every day. But my eyes are burning like any thing. I am using glasses now. I have a sight problem. Is their any option to reduce my eyes color. Thank you, Rajesh. T.
I'm from jabalpur. I have a problem in eyes. I don't see the vision of long term. Plzzz help me about my eyes.
I have red eyes since a month what to do please reply me as soon as possible l am waiting for the answer so give me right answer.
Hi I am sarika age 33 I have regular headache at my left side near left eye since 3 month I shown myself to ENT doc to eyes doc but no problem found please suggest every day I had headache at night.
Getting frequent uveitis attacks due to which pigments have appeared on the lens. Is there any permanent solution to prevent it these attacks?
Hi, I'm using lens from 1 month when ever morning I put them in my eyes I feel some small stone inside all the day and itching. I keep changing the solution always keep clean. But I feel it will come out now whole day.
I am getting continue water from my both eyes from 1 years. Please help me to control this diseases. Please give me a right solution.
I am 38 years ,getting speedy stain and eyes, body is not flexible, mind sharpness is falling, please help.
Myth: It's best not to wear glasses or contact lenses all the time. Taking a break from them allows your eyes to rest.
Fact: If you need glasses or contacts for distance or reading, use them. Not wearing your glasses will strain your eyes and tire them out instead of resting them. However, it will not worsen your vision or lead to eye disease.
What is reason for myopia. Is it possible to cure naturally with out laser surgery? What is the cost of lasers surgery? Is it effective?
I have red eyes for more than 5 days and also itchiness. What kind of medicine should I use, is there any injection available.
I have red eyes for last three days doctor what should I do and what type of medicine should I take please answer doctor.
LASIK is a corrective eye surgery that aims at repairing the vision impairment. It is known as laser in situ keratomileusis. This surgery is typically used to fix nearsightedness, farsightedness and even astigmatism.
So can this surgery help in removing your spectacles and giving you crystal clear vision? Let us find out!
- Definition: The LASIK procedure basically works towards reshaping the cornea, which is the clear portion that coats the eye. This is responsible for proper travel of light to the retina where it must focus in an appropriate manner so as to reach the back of eye.
- Corrective Technique: With its cornea reshaping technique, this procedure is effective in correcting vision and removing spectacles for at least 96% of the patients who go through this treatment.
- Convenient: The LASIK surgery is a highly convenient one that hardly creates any pain. Numbing drops are used to minimise the pain that may be felt during the procedure. Also, the time taken for the correction is very little with most procedures commencing within a day or two. Further, this procedure does not require any bandages or stitches and usually works with a powerful laser beam.
- Eyeglass Dependence Reduction: Most patients have a dramatic improvement in the quality of their vision and do not require glasses, while other patients usually have a reduced dependence on eyeglasses once the surgery is done.
- Preparing for the Surgery: To prepare for the surgery, it is imperative to meet and coordinate the details with the ophthalmologist who will examine your eye carefully and seek to determine the risk of any kind of side effect. Also, the doctor will ask specific questions regarding the medical history of the patient before conducting the surgery. As a part of the preparation, the doctor will also take measurements of the corneal thickness and other such factors like refraction, corneal mapping, pupil dilation and air pressure, so as to carry out the surgery in the most effective manner. Do not wear your contact lenses for at least three weeks before this evaluation so as to get the correct reading which will make the surgery much more effective due to the correct settings applied to the pulses.
- Procedure: During the procedure, an instrument known as a microkeratome laser will be used to lift the flap of the cornea which will be peeled back while the corneal tissue is reshaped. Then the cornea flap will be put back in its position.
Remember to be prepared for some amount of dryness in the eyes once the surgery is over. Talk to your doctor about other side effects.