Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. KeerthiYour feedback matters!
From since one month am not able to concentrate on any work always I ll be in sad mood and some Wat in depression, don't like to mingle with any one before I was not like this, always one or the other thing will be running around my mind, I feel like dieing and feeling alone pls suggest some answer tat I shld be happy and feel free from mind as well as from heart. Pls answer.
The modern age is full of tensions and stress, expecting peaceful mind and unhealthy lifestyle is just impossible. To prevent common diseases and living a healthy life requires keen knowledge of the main organ of the body, that is the Heart. The heart is a muscular organ which works like an engine and provides fuel to run human body by pumping blood. Our heart has two chambers which separates the oxygen rich blood from oxygen poor blood and each time you breathe the valves of heart opens and closes. There are many cardiovascular diseases that are caused due to the blood vessel and heart issues like lack of flexibility, blockage, fatty plaques of the arteries or lack of strength of the parties.
The modern medical systems suggest surgical treatment for the cure of the heart problems but on another hand, Ayurveda targets the deep root cause of the disease. The best cure for heart diseases is to adopt a holistic approach named Ayurveda the part of the great Indian heritage. This is not only based upon the ancient principle but many researchers worked and proofed that heart issues are reversible with the help of Ayurvedic treatment.
As Ayurveda believes in the natural ingredients for treatment, many remedies are available in our surrounding. Here are some commonly recommended remedies to prevent and cure heart diseases by Ayurveda.
- Triphala: To reduce the blood fat level and high cholesterol Triphala- the mixture of three herbs named Amalaki, Bibhitaki, and Haritaki. This handles the causative issues of blood fat and cholesterol and keeps the heart healthy.
- Ashwagandha: This is a wonder herb to reduce tension from mind and body and provide strength to the heart muscles.
- Chaywanprash: this is the mixture of various herbs like sugar, honey, ghee, Indian Gooseberry (amla), jam, sesame oil, berries, herbs and various spices. Chaywanprash is an herbal jam which strengthens the heart muscles and boosts up the immune system as well.
These three are the most common and easily available remedies for heart problems. Other than these three garlic, ginger, turmeric, saffron, arjuna, guggul, etc. herbs which are good for heart diseases and provides a complete cure. I would suggest consulting an expert Ayurvedic physician for the better results and proper guidance instant of trying self treatment.
I am 36 yrs old suffering from high blood pressure. My weight is 94 kg and height is 6 feet. What precautions should I take. I am taking telma H after break fast.
Vascular disorders are disorders of the vessels in your body that carry either blood or waste products. The vascular system consists of the arteries (that carry blood away from the heart), veins (that carry blood to the heart) and lymph vessels (that carry waste products to be excreted from the body). The various diseases of the vascular or circulatory system are:
- Peripheral Artery Disease: Peripheral arteries carry blood to the various organs and tissues in the body. Accumulation of cholesterol and fat in the vessels narrow the pathway for the blood to flow. This can impair blood flow to the tissues in the body and cause complications. Various medications used to lower cholesterol and blood pressure can also be used for peripheral artery disease.
- Buerger's Disease: This disease causes obstructions in the veins and arteries in the legs. This can hamper blood supply in the toes and the feet. It causes pain and may require amputation in severe cases. Treatments for this disease include smoking cessation and medications to dilute blood vessels.
- Aneurysm: An aneurysm is swelling in the blood vessel walls; it usually occurs in the aorta. The artery walls become fragile and are placed under a lot of stress; this may lead to a sudden rupture of the aortic vessels. This disorder is usually treated by surgical procedures.
- Peripheral Venous Disease: Peripheral venous disease is characterized by damage to the valves that allows blood to flow in a single direction. Damaged valves can cause blood to flow backwards and therefore, accumulate. Treatments for this disorder are incorporating certain lifestyle habits such as quitting smoking and alcohol.
- Blood clots in the veins: Blood clots may occur in the veins present inside the muscles of the thighs and lower legs which lead to deep vein thrombosis. You may be prescribed anti-coagulants, also known as blood thinners, to treat this disorder.
People with diseases such diabetes, high blood pressure, or kidney failure can be more likely to have vessel problems. Working with vibrating tools, being in cold temperatures, and smoking can worsen vascular problems. Causes of vascular disorders usually fit into one of 5 groups:
- Traumatic, which occur after injury
- Compressive, which occur when the pipes flatten
- Occlusive, which occur when pipes are blocked
- Tumors (growths) or malformations (deformed, tangled pipes), which may or may not be present at birth
- Vessel spasms, which occur when abnormal control of vessels causes them to narrow
Symptoms of vascular disorders can include:
- Abnormal color changes in the fingertips
- Ulcers or wounds that do not heal
- Hand problems when in cold temperatures or locations
- Numbness or tingling of the fingertips
- Cool or cold fingers and/or hands
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
veins of hole body are stretching BP is high in upwards it is 170 and lower 100 any special opinion.
I am 37 year old male. I have last one month neck pain. My cholesterol level is 240. Body getting to much pain. Gas trouble also in my body. How can I reduce this pains.
Hi, my mom is 53 years old and she is a patient of high blood pressure and blood sugar. Please advise me remedies without any medication. Thanks.
What are the symptoms of diabetes nd what precautions a diabetic person should take? Nd what is the symptoms of low bp?
My daughter age 8 months old with congenital heart defect, recently echocardiogram report says ostium secundum atrial septal defect sizes of 0.8mm diameter, left to right shunt. No feeding problem. Is it necessary for open heart surgery to close the hole now at these age?
Radiology is a branch of medicine that deals with diagnosis and treatment of diseases using radiant energy. Radiology uses the imaging technology like ultrasound, x-ray radiography, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Computed Tomography (CT), Positron Emission Tomography (PET), nuclear medicine. The imaging technology helps the doctor (or physician) to see within the human body and helps you get diagnosed and treated in a better way.
Radiology is also referred to as radioscopy or clinical radiology where the latter refers to the diagnosis and treatment of fatal injuries/diseases. Radiologist is a doctor who has specialized in radiology after completion of a formal medical course to become a certified doctor. Radiographer is in turn a technician who specializes in the physical operation of scans and machines like x-rays etc. You must be well aware that the Radiologist is a professional doctor but the Radiographer is just a technician.
The following are the various uses of radiology when it comes to monitor the activity of your heart:
- MRI: It is known as Magnetic Resonance Imaging and it makes use of the energy stored in your body’s hydrogen atoms. It uses highly advanced computer 2-D and 3-D images and no ionizing radiation is used in MRI. The activity with the heart can be precisely recorded by MRI scan.
- Nuclear medicine: It involves giving your body a small tracker or a radioactive material which records the radiation coming from your body using special cameras like gamma cameras or PET. It can measure the complexity of your heart disease.
- Fluoroscopy: It helps to give real time visualization of the body by using x-rays that allow the doctor to efficiently monitor the body part, joint and bones as well as the activity that pertains to the heart.
- Ultrasound: It is a test which uses high frequency sound waves to form an image within the insides of any human organ like blood vessels or the heart. Many prefer this form of imaging test which uses sound waves instead of radiation and is considered less harmful.
- Computed Tomography: In this type of scan, a 3-D image is formed through several 2-D images taken at a single line of axis rotation. This test is useful as it gives detailed images of specific parts of the body like blood vessel, arteries, and soft tissues surrounding your heart.