Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kc Mishra
Submit a review for Dr. Kc MishraYour feedback matters!
My mom noticed a lump in breast 1.5 years ago. She consulted a surgeon who did a FNAC .Result said that its a benign lump. Although the Dr. suggested her to visit after 6 months if the lump is not gone. She recently only visited Dr. again where she underwent FNAC again. Result said biopsy might be required. Dint get drs appointment after that. My doubt is FNAC itself is a biopsy test right then why biopsy again. Is there anything to be worried. Her lump is painful on touch and is very small in size.
She has risk of breast cancer as her mother has breast cancer. Is der any premedication or vaccine available to prevent this cancer. Hope you wil answer.
Is lymph nodes in kidney means cancer? Ultrasound shows - few non specific lymph nodes in right iliac fossa bigger measuring 12x5 mm.
I am 22 year old and I have brain cancer and no one operate me how should I do please help me doctor.
What type of cancer do I have? Where is it located? What are the risk factors for this disease? Is this type of cancer caused by genetic factors? Are other members of my family at risk?
Sir my father was diagnosed with oral cancer in 2010 for which he went through surgery followed by radiotherapy. Now after 7 years he is dryness in his mouth. So my question is that how to make it go away as we have consulted with doctor and he has given Silva supplement but it does not work very much.
Uterine cancer is also known as endometrial cancer. It is a cancer which begins in the lining of the uterus. The uterus is the part of a woman's body where the fetus develops. Uterine cancer is one of those rare cancers in India, which can be diagnosed in its early stages. This is because excessive vaginal bleeding occurs, thus making it a very serious and an apparent symptom. It is also one of the few forms of cancer which can be cured as removing the uterus is often more than enough to cure the patient of uterine cancer.
Here are the causes, diagnosis and treatment of uterine cancer:
The exact cause of uterine cancer is not yet known, however, there is a theory on what causes uterine cancer. Hormones in a woman's body have been thought to increase the chances of getting uterine cancer. This is because it has long been thought that having high levels of estrogen is the cause of uterine cancer. Increased estrogen thickens the endometrium and thus, increases the likelihood of uterine cancer.
There are several tests used to diagnose whether you have uterine cancer including:
1. Pelvic exam: This is an examination in which the vagina, bladder, rectum and uterus are scanned for lumps. If they are found, it might be due to uterine cancer.
2. Pap test: A pap test is a special test designed to scan for uterine cancer.
3. Transvaginal ultrasound: A transvaginal ultrasound uses high-intensity sound waves so that pictures of the uterus can be taken.
4. Biopsy: During a biopsy, the doctor will remove tissue from the endometrium and it will then be analyzed for cancerous growths.
1. Surgery: This is the most common treatment as it removes the entire uterus and prevents the spreading of the cancer.
2. Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy involves giving drugs which kill cancerous cells. They are given through either an intravenous line or even in pill form.
3. Hormone therapy: This is a therapy in which either progesterone levels are increased or estrogen levels are decreased.
4. Radiation therapy: In this treatment, high energy laser beams are used to destroy cancerous cells.