Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Kc MehtaYour feedback matters!
I am 31 years old. My weight is 85 kg. I have lots of stress, tension and depression symptoms these days due to personal reasons. Due to this my b. P becomes high while during sleep and because of this I feel numbness in my hand and sometime in legs what should I do? What type of diet and exercises should I do so that I could avoid medicines. Can I take himalaya lasuna for this. Because I do not want take allopathy medicines. Regards.
I am 22 year old. B.com completed .l am running a business in Plywood industries .my problem is high emotion. Eg:- jokes talking with my friends this time my heart beat suddenly increased and face is vibrate and change faceaface and sound is vibrated please help me.
I am 69 years old. I take medicines for BP and Prostrate. Of late I am not getting good erection. It does not sustain. Can you help me out what to do. Thanks.
My mom has problem of blood pressure and joints pain in hand, back. So which medicine in homoeopathic medicine take?
Some time my heart is painful after wakeup from bed (morning time only). Why its happen? What can I do for avoid this?
I am 24 years old, when ever I works hard, my heart breath fast. Please tell me what's their reason?
I have a sugar & high BP patient from, last 20 days my Blood pressure not control so what can I do for control the BP.
I am 7 months pregnant, at the beginning of my pregnancy my weight was 77 kg and now it is 90 kg. Is it possible to have the baby by normal delivery or not? My sugar and BP ARE QUITE NORMAL.
Hello. I got my lipid profile tested. I have elevated levels of serum cholesterol as 242.4 mg/dl and serum triglycerides 277.4 mg/dl. Please tell now what to do to get normal values and after how much time should I check them next? Any medicines needed?
I am 54 yes old. Having blood sugar. High pressure. From last three yes I have noticed that a period of few days come after every 40 to 50 days. At that moment I won't like anything Even meal. Only at that time want to keep mum.
The heart pumps pure blood to all parts of the body through a network of arteries. These are thicker in the beginning and become finer and thinner as they reach the various organs. These arteries are lined by a layer of epithelial tissues and as blood flows through them, the heavier cholesterol / fat molecules settle down along the walls.
This attracts more and more fat molecules to settle down. This is known as atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries). Over a period of time, the vessels circumference reduces and the blood supply to the target organ reduces. This impacts proper functioning of these organs and when this happens to the major organs like the heart, kidney or the brain, conditions like stroke or thrombosis or heart attack can occur.
This condition, known as coronary artery disease, is becoming a major cause of deaths. While that is the bad news, the good news is that it is largely lifestyle dependent, and if steps are taken, it can be prevented, and in the early stages, the damage completely reversed.
1. Diet: A low-fat, high-fiber, heart-healthy diet consisting of Omega-3 fatty acids is recommended by doctors, especially to people who are prone to develop heart disease. This also requires reduced salt, increased unsaturated fats, reduced triglycerides and reduced sugar. Include loads of fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, nuts and seeds and fish oils. Include multivitamins or other supplements after checking with your doctor.
2. Exercise: Regular exercise in any form increases the efficiency of the circulatory system, keeps the cholesterol levels in check and helps in blood pressure management. Exercise in any form is advisable, based on individual preference. A moderate physical activity of 30 to 45 minutes per day is advisable.
3. Smoking: This is one of the major risk factors for smoking, and quitting or controlling smoking is one of the best methods to prevent coronary artery disease.
4. Alcohol consumption: While moderate alcohol consumption is believed to be healthy for the heart, excessive alcohol consumption is a strict no-no. Binge drinking especially is shown to cause heart attacks.
5. Weight management: Check with your doctor on what is ideal BMI for you and work out a plan to keep your weight under check.
6. Regular medications: If you are on blood pressure or diabetes medications, ensure you do not miss them. Keep a constant check to ensure your readings are managed well.
7. Watch out: Ask your doctor if there are specific symptoms that you need to watch out and seek medical support if you see any of them.
Coronary disease is not treatable fully, but can be prevented and managed effectively to improve the overall quality of life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cardiologist.