Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kc Mehta
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Kc MehtaYour feedback matters!
My father at the age of 68 diagnosed with pancreatic cancer on august15. As some blood veins involved wibul not done. To remove the obstruction in deodanam bypass surgery done. 9 cycles of palliative chemo administered. Now past one month he suffering by fever. When we gave paracetamol fever raised 2 points then decreased. He taking 3 tablets daily. On dec'15 metastasis on lever found. Is there any solution for the fever.
Hi I am 27 years old male and I have anxiety effect from last one month some times I am feeling like getting heart attack but it is not physically in my body during anxiety my breathing and heart pulses were increasing. And I have consulted with doctors & they were done ecg, eeg and tmt test but all reports were normal.
I have Blood Pressure problem at least a month. Which medicine is best suitable to remove the disease.
What are side effects of lipicard 200 & atocar 10 taken for bloodied cholesterol levels. please suggest me?
I am suffering from dry cough for last 6 month and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard and my voice is so hard. Can you suggest what should be done.
Hi sir/madam i am 43 years old i am suffering from pain in between two chests and i am feeling some what weight had been there and it causes pain near chest I mean between breast please tell me what is the reason behind this pain and it pains for one hour after that it will get normal please tell me the reason behind this pain and suggest me what would I do now.
The number of people affected by hypertension is constantly on the rise. The most important concern with people developing hypertension is that it is not an isolated issue. It brings with it a host of problems, including higher chances of stroke, heart disease, diabetes, and kidney diseases. While there is no definite cure for hypertension, it is definitely possible to control it using the following measures.
- Weight control: Greater the body mass index (BMI), higher is the chances of developing hypertension. Check with your doctor to know what the ideal weight is and try to maintain it. If overweight, losing even 10 pounds can make a big difference to your blood pressure.
- Diet management: Excessive salt, calories, fat, and sugar are to be avoided. Sodium is one of the main culprits for increasing blood pressure and should be avoided. Include fruits and vegetables that are rich in potassium and magnesium. Reducing salt is another major way to control blood pressure. Fish oils with omega-3 fatty acids are extremely good for the health of the heart and so consult your doctor to include the right amounts in your diet.
- Exercise: A regular workout regimen can reduce the chances of developing blood pressure by up to 40% to 50%. This should not be misinterpreted as the need for vigorous workouts. Even small, regular physical activity daily goes a long way in controlling blood pressure.
- Alcohol: While quitting alcohol is the best thing to do, for those finding it difficult to do so, cutting down on it plays a big role in controlling blood pressure. No more than a drink per day for women, and no more than two per day for men are recommended.
- Stress management: Stress is one of the major causes for increasing blood pressure, and so managing stress is very important. Whether music or meditation, pick your stress buster and see your blood pressure lowered.
- Medications: If you are already on a medication regimen, strictly adhere to the schedule. Consult your doctor before adding herbal supplements or dietary supplements. Taken individually, they may be good for health, but there are good chances of them interacting with your regular medications.
- Monitor: Once you have been diagnosed with high blood pressure, have periodic check-ups with your doctor to ensure it is within the permissible limits. If beyond limits, immediately correct it.
As noted, hypertension is not an isolated issue and brings with it a whole lot of issues. Controlling it can help control the other issues that would follow and improve the quality of life.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!