Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Kavita ShegalYour feedback matters!
I am 24 year old and I am having a small white spot under my right eye from last 8 years. What should I do so that this spot get normal skin color and this may not occur to any other part of body.
How to reduce spectacles number naturally? And can anyone tell me what may b the cost of lasik surgery in india approximately?
I have severe headache. I cannot see any bright things, my eyes are getting strained and hot. Can you suggest some remedies for me. Thank you.
I am 61 years old had been suffering from sinus throughout my life 1 year back I got both my eyes operated for cataract, but now I have major eye problems please suggest something before all this I had very good eye sight for my age. Otherwise I am a healthy person.
My question is related to opthalmology, I can't see clearly from my right eye, my doctor told me that proteins are leaking from the vein of your eye. Please let me know what should I do?
I feel strain on my eyes whenever I keep looking to my computer screen for a long amount of time. What should I do?
Sir, I am feeling headaches continuously I have checked my eyes I have got spikes I use to wear spikes. Till now I am getting headaches what should I do.
Meri aankho mai se lagatar pani aata hai aur meri left aank mai TGT ho gai thi tab se mujhe ek aankh se double diktha hai.
I had very red eyes when I get up today in morning and its really paining me when I see some lighten thing. So please tell solution for it.
I am a 24 year old female and I have shortsightness since childhood and sight is increasing in each check up.
I am 14 years old male. I am suffering from chickenpox. Please tell me what can I drink? I am having so many pox on my phase and they are so small but they are filled they are hurting to much. Please tell me can I use coconut oil on them and it is safe for me and can I drink mango shake.
I am a student and my problem is here and eyes week then this medicine is the right now but I'm not going to say I don't think.
Am suffering with cold and eye pain. Wat can I do for escape from this. And my mother suffer with chest pain. What is the best way to solve.
I am a student of teeth class. I am feeling very bad from eyessignt. I have weak eyesight. I do not like to eerwere glasses. My eyesight no. Is 2.5 I am heavy bored from this please help.
Did you know that your vision is responsible for around 80% of you sensory input? your eyes are among the most delicate organs in your body. Long work hours in front of the computer and long study hours results in tired and sometimes irritating eye conditions. But help isn't too far. Before you head to the doctor, you can head to your kitchen to look for solutions. There are several home remedies that you can try to not only improve your eyesight but also get rid of glasses and rebuild your vision! here's how you can do it:
1. Exercise: Just like any other body part, your eyes need exercise too. Blinking your eyes rapidly for 5 seconds helps moisturize it. Similarly, cupping your eyes with you palms for 4-5 minutes triggers acupuncture points that helps the eye to relax. There are specific exercises to reduce eye strain, improve blurred vision and enhance reading. Do these as per the specific problem you are facing.
2. Take a break: Follow the 10-10-10 rule when you are on the computer for extended hours. For every half hour of work, take a 10 min break to look at something n a distance at least 10 feet away for 10 seconds. These becomes tricky if you are studying or working in a fast paced environment and easily forget to take breaks. Set alarms that help you know the time so that you can actively plan your breaks. To enhance break time, try to look at greenery during your 10 sec break which helps the eyes relax better. Splash your eyes with cold water to give them a fresh feel.
3. Yoga: Yoga and meditation relaxes your body and mind. It is also a great way to relax your eyes as you get to close them and give them rest. When you close your eyes, you shut out a big chunk of sensory inputs helping your body go from an active reaction mode to a passive action mode.
4. Eat for your eyes: Make sure you add your weekly quota of vision enhancing food in you diet. Carrots which are rich in beta-carotene and vitamin a are great for the eyes. Similarly grapes and blueberries work great to improve your night vision. Green leafy veggies, garlic, shallots, eggs and onion all contribute in keeping your eyes healthy and strong. Cold water fish rich in DHA is an another great food that helps reduce dry eyes and muscular degeneration.
5. Change your lifestyle: Other than exercise and proper nutrients, you need to ensure you get a shut eye for six to eight hours every day to let your eyes fully rest and rejuvenate. As always drink 6 - 8 glasses of water. And don't forget to get regular eye check ups especially if you are a diabetic or have other health conditions that adversely affect your eyes.