Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Kavita ShegalYour feedback matters!
This is a condition which can be caused in the delicate folds of the skin over the eye called the eyelid. The eyelids usually protect us from extreme light, and the entrance of other debris as well as against injuries to the delicate interiors of the eyes. The eyelid may get irritated or experience varied sensations like prickling, burning or itching, with a dull ache or sharp pain due to many reasons. This discomfort and irritation is usually caused by inflammation. Let us learn more about this condition.
- Eyelid Inflammation: Blepharitis or eye inflammation is a condition that causes eyelid irritation because of allergic reactions as well as infections, dandruff in the eyelashes and eyebrows, pollutants and varied other causes. Also, poor hygiene can lead to the growth of eyelash lice which can also enter the eyes and lead to inflammation and irritation of the eyelids. A malfunctioning oil gland can also cause this kind of problem along with side effects of certain kinds of medication.
- Types of Inflammation: This condition can be of two types :- anterior and posterior. Anterior eye inflammation causes irritation in that part of the eyelids which are outside the eyes where the eyelashes are situated. Dandruff and allergic reactions can also cause this kind of irritation. Posterior eyelid inflammation is a condition that can be found in the inner rims and corners of the eyes where malfunctioning oil glands found in the follicles of the eyelashes can cause this problem leading to blurry or cloudy vision as well.
- Symptoms: Apart from irritation and not being able to close the eyes properly, there are many other symptoms of this condition. These symptoms include sensitivity to glares of light, oily eyelids, burning and itching sensation, and a feeling that some particles have entered your eyes and formed a crust on your eyelashes.
- Checking for an Infection: Many of these symptoms can point at the presence of an infection, especially when accompanied by fever and headaches. Yet, irritation can also just be a cause of simple inflammation or due to the entry of a foreign body into the eye. Still, it is always best to get the symptoms checked by an ophthalmologist who will conduct a detailed eye exam along with lab tests based on blood samples in order to ensure that there is no bacterium or virus infecting the body.
- Treatment: Steroids and antibiotics will be used only when there is an infection. As a home remedy for this condition, you can apply a warm wash cloth and clean your eyes frequently.
Talk to your doctor about potential complications of this irritation like eyelash loss.
I am underweight and my eyes are totally gone inside make me looking ugly. Please suggest me the best solution to make my eyes normal.
When I get up in the morning my eyes get swelling. From last two days. What is the problem in my eyes?
Eye getting strain while operating cellphone and watching t. V or doing Work in laptop. I. Had spectacles. Present my eye sight is 1.25 left eye, 2.75 right. Plzz give any remedies or medicines to reduce my eyesight. Infact not getting sleep at night times. My age is 20 years whether shall I goo for laser treatment or not. Plzz give solution for that. than.
Hello sir I am ram, I have a eye sight -0.5 for both eye, I want to know power of the lenses in diafters. Thank you.
She has been suffering from red eye with itching since last 4-5 days. Doctor prescribed cipromen for her, but I don't find any improvement. Please suggest any thing else.
I am suffering from headache from last two days. Specially when I start reading books it started paining in my eyes. Is it serious or it will okay within sometime.
Hi I am 26 years old . My eyes no is -6 & -6.5 . So you can tell me what I have to do for less no for eyes .
Hello sir. My friend met with an accident around 10 years ago and he hurt his one eye n he is suffering from vision problem, after consulting a doctor report he has a scar on his retina vein. His left eye vision is (6/24). If you could please suggest me what can be done or suggest me the best of best eye care hospital in India. Thank you.
I have red eyes cause of press with my finger. Its just spread blood around the ball. Wts the reason for this and hw it will be cure?
When I see,I found black spot first in my right eye and later on it vanishes and I can see normally.Again If I change direction,same problem happens. Kindly inform what could be reason for this and these symptoms related to which disease.Is it any serious matter?please inform.I am running 60.
When I driving long time on highway than after 2 Days my eyes becomes red n its very painful than what should I do.
Took a hard fall on the beach and landed on my face. It's been a couple days and my right eye and vision still feel a little blurry. How would I know if I scratched my eye or my retina? Would this heal okay on its on?
Respected sir I just getting pain on belly one side actually I just working in software line I have to do my computer work more than 9 hours its make me eye problems and back problem. I get pain one side belly. Why I just get that type pain. Is this any symptoms. Kindly help me.
Foods for eye health
Carrots really are good for your eyes. So are spinach, nuts, oranges, beef, fish, whole grains, and many other foods in a healthy diet. Look for foods with antioxidants such as omega-3 fatty acids; vitamins c, e, and beta-carotene; as well as zinc, lutein, and zeaxanthin. Research shows those nutrients may make age-related macular degeneration less likely.