Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Kavita ShegalYour feedback matters!
Hello sir, mam I am 28 years old, I was diagnosed with poor eyesightness for both the eyes. RIGHT EYE=DV- SPH=-2.75,CYL=-0.75,AXIS=70. LEFT EYE=DV- SPH=-0.5, CYL for both the eyes. RIGHT EYE=DV- SPH=-2.75,CYL=-0.75,AXIS=70. LEFT EYE=DV- SPH- SPH=-2.75,CYL=-0.75,AXIS=70. LEFT EYE=DV- SPH=-0.5, CYL=-1.25, AXIS=105. Doctor suggested me to take GLOEYE tablet's .Will this tablet's improve my poor vision? What I can do now? Is my eye problem is really very serious? How I can improve my vision? Please suggest Thank you.
I am 17 years old. My eye sight is 5 minus. I want to get rid of my spectacles. What is the best way?
Hello. I m 22 years old boy, completed B. Tech in computer engg. But I m too thin and I look like too young like 10th standard that reason All my friends are make fun on me. By genetics my father and mother also thin. Sir how can I build personality. Look like a professional in oder to get a good job in IT. Even I will eat normally as others. Is any other foods there to eat and look like strong? Please ans me.
I have a red eyes for 3days. What should I do for its cureness. I m facing a big problem. Please help me. I will be yhankfil to you.
Dear sir, meri eyes me har month 2 se 3 baar eyes me funsi ho jaati. Ye funsi baar baar kyon hoti hai. Aur ise hamesha ke liye theek krne ka please solution btayiye.
Hi sir/Mam, My eye sight keep on increasing since 6 years. Now my eyesight is -4.5. I want to improve my vision. I want to see the world clearly without wearing spectacles. Could someone please suggest any remedy to improve my eyesight. I seldom watch TV. But when I watch at that am unable to see the picture my eyes feel like watering whenever I see tv. Please give me tips to cure it.
I have lost 14 kg weight last year by dieting and exercise in 45 days. Later I became very week . Than I left all activities to loose weight and but now I have eye problem my eye no is -3 and -2.5 in both eyes, some hearing problem and hairfall till now a year passes in nov my eye has -2 no but in may its -3 . I am worried please suggest me what I have to do.
Retinal detachment is a condition in which a layer of tissue called the retina gets lifted or pulled far from its initial position in the eye. This can cause a number of symptoms including slight vision impairment and blurred vision as well as pain. The retina is a light sensitive part that can be found in the rear portion of the eye. This part is responsible for sending visual signals to the brain which helps in forming the images that we see when we set our eyes on an object. If a person with this problem is not treated immediately, he or she can suffer from permanent vision loss.
Risks: You are more prone to retinal detachment if you:
- Have had injury (damage or blow) specifically to the eye
- Have as of now had a separation in one eye, then there is an improved probability of a separation in the other eye.
- Have a family history of retinal separation.
- Have weak eye-sight
Here are 10 facts that one needs to know about retinal detachment:
- Once in a while little ranges of the retina get torn. These are called retinal tears or retinal breaks. These can cause retinal separation.
- Obtuse injury, as from a tennis ball or damage by a sharp object in the eye can prompt retinal dysfunction.
- A family history of a disconnected retina that is hereditary could be one of the reasons for this disorder.
- The second eye of a patient with a retinal separation must be inspected by an ophthalmologist immediately.
- High astigmatism builds the danger of a retinal detachment. The danger increases to 2.4% when compared with a 0.06% danger for a defected eye at 60 years of age.
- In the event that you have lost vision in one eye because of a detachment, it can in some cases take a couple of months to get used to seeing with just the one normal eye.
- Laser surgery: Laser surgery can treat little openings and tears in this part of the eye. Little smolders are made around the opening to "weld" the retina once more into the right spot. It is performed in the eye specialist's clinic.
- Individuals taking certain kinds of eye drop that have the danger of building up a retinal separation. Pilocarpine, which for a long time was a pillar of treatment for glaucoma, has for quite some time been used for retinal separation.
- People with incessant irritation of the eye (uveitis) are at a greater danger of suffering from retinal detachment.
- Cross section degeneration of the retina is a kind of diminishing of the outside edges of the retina, which happens in 7% to 10% of the overall public.
My friend have under eye bags which makes him look very aged. How can it be removed? It makes him uncomfortable by the bags. Kindly recommend any way that he can remove those bags.
Hello, my eyes are gone deep inside. It means ki mere aankhe dhas so gaye h. It look very bad. How it can recover. Pls tell.
During a comprehensive eye exam, your eye doctor does much more than just determine your prescription for eyeglasses or contact lenses. Here is the list things which an experienced eye doctor (ophthalmologist) can diagnose while examining your eyes:
2. Sjrogen syndrome
3. Vitamin a deficiency
4. Brain tumors and other space occupying lesions
5. Trigeminal neuralgia
6. Wilson's disease
7. Risk for diabetes mellitus
8. Tuberculosis, sarcoidosis
9. Risk of hypertension
10. Diseases tranferred during pregnancy (toxoplasmosis, rubella, etc.)
11. Multiple sclerosis
12. Idiopathic intracranial hypertension
13. Hereditary disease (marphan syndrome, homocysteinuria)
14. Bells (facial nerve) palsy