Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Dear doctors I am pregnant from last 4 and a half month my weight is only 55 kg tell me doctors is it OK or any problem.
I took pills twice in a week last month after 2 days of my period. I have not got my periods this month. Is there a chance I can be pregnant?
Ovarian cancer goes undetected until it spreads to the abdomen and pelvis. When detected at this stage then it might be fatal and the treatment gets difficult. An early stage ovarian cancer where the cancer is restricted in the ovaries is much easier to treat with high success rates.
Risk Factors of Ovarian Cancer
1. Age - With increasing age the risk of ovarian cancer is higher and is more common in women who are 60 and above. It is less common in women below 40 years of age and develops often after menopause.
Obesity Women who have a body mass index of 30 are at a risk of developing ovarian cancer.
2. History of Reproduction - It is believed that women who conceive before 26 and carry the full term have a lower risk of ovarian cancer. However, the risk is higher in those women who get pregnant after 35 or who do not have a full term pregnancy. Also, breastfeeding the baby lowers the risk.
3. Gene Mutation - Inherited gene mutation causes some percentage of ovarian cancer. These genes are called breast cancer genes 1 and 2 (BRCA1 and BRCA2). These were initially found in cases with breast cancer but also pose great risk for ovarian cancer. Also, gene mutation leading to Lynch syndrome plays an important role in increasing the risk of ovarian cancer.
4. Family History - If a woman's mother, sister or daughter is suffering from ovarian cancer then she is at a higher risk of developing the same. The risk also increases if someone from the father&#x2019;s side also has ovarian cancer.
5. Fertility Drugs - Drugs like clomiphene citrate, if used for more than a year can increase the risk of the cancer. The risk is even higher if a woman taking the drug does not get pregnant.
6. Hormone Therapy and Estrogen Therapy - Long term use and large doses of estrogen can cause an increased risk. However, if estrogen is used in combination with progesterone then the risk is less.
7. Age of menstruation and menopause - If menstruation starts before 12 and menopause occurs before 52 then there is a higher risk of getting the cancer.
8. Diet - A low fat vegetarian diet has less risk of the disease. Fresh fruit and vegetables should be included in diet along with pulses, rice, pasta, beans, cereals and breads.
Dear doctor, am facing the problem f sagging breasts. Am really worried. I hav a strong passion and interest towards dance but due to this problem my confidence level s low and am unable to participate. After a gap I joined dance class and I hav to prevent breast from sagging. Am 24 and my height is 153cms nd weight is 54kgs. Am having a regular period. 28days cyclic and 3 days of Menstruation. Really need a solution to get rid of and suggestion regarding wot typ of inners I hav to wear. Thank yu:)
Vaibhavi homoeo clinic
1. The symptoms of Vestibulodynia typically lasts for half or quarter a year. However, in some cases it may last for years, and a lifetime if untreated.
2. Most women realize that they suffer from Vestibulodynia during their first sexual experience since the vestibular area is so hypersensitive that even the slightest touch during sexual intercourse, moving while in tight clothing as well as inserting tampons may cause some discomfort and pain.
The degree of pain experienced by women suffering from Vestibulodynia is variable. You may experience pain even after having had comfortable sexual relationships.
1. Apart from overgrowth or hypersensitivity of the nerve fibers in that region, other possible causes are tendencies of pain problems or disorders, chronic yeast infections like thrush, injuring the vestibular area during surgery or childbirth and/or extreme sensitivity to irritants like panty liners and detergent etc.
2. Sometimes, the pain is due to deeply rooted psychological issues, such as sexual trauma and other factors, such as birth or while moving house.
Vestibulodynia is sometimes mistaken for a type of skin diseases. However for the best treatment, you must consult a gynecologist who will treat your condition depending on your symptoms. Mentioned below a few ways to treat Vestibulodynia:
1. Vaginal dilators, which are inserted into the vagina to relax the muscles present and gently stretch that area. Vestibulodynia also causes the pelvic floor muscles to tense up which can be overcome through vaginal dilators.
2. Anesthetic Gels are water based gels, which have a small amount of local anesthesia and may numb the sensitive nerve fibers present there temporarily. Rub the gel over the tender areas, half an hour before indulging in sexual activities.
3. You may even consume nerve fiber blocking tablets if you experience constant pain due to Vestibulodynia to tend to the sensitive nerve endings in your skin.
Ectopic pregnancy happens if the egg implants itself in the fallopian tube in place of the uterus. That's why this form of pregnancy is called a tubal pregnancy as well. Many a time, it may also implant itself in the belly, ovary or the cervix. If the egg is allowed to develop in the fallopian tube, it brings about the bursting of the tube, leading to instances of heavy bleeding.
What really causes this condition?
In this type of pregnancy, the cause isn't always easy to arrive at. In many cases, certain conditions have been found to bring about this pregnancy and these are:
- Damages to the fallopian tubes in the form of scarring and inflammation due to a preceding medical infection, condition or surgery
- Imbalances in the body's hormone levels
- Abnormalities in the genes
- Birth defects
- Medical problems that have an effect on the shape and condition of the reproductive organs and fallopian tubes
- Though it's rare, ectopic pregnancy can occur while using an intrauterine device or system for birth control
- Inflammation of your reproductive system such as pelvic inflammatory disease
How do you know that you suffer from one?
In terms of signs that will help you to easily identify whether you're having an ectopic pregnancy, the initial signs are:
- Light bleeding from your vagina
- Pain in the abdomen or in the pelvic region, which tends to occur after 6-8 weeks of a missed period
The other symptoms of this condition reveal themselves as you progress through the pregnancy and include,
- Dizziness or fainting as a result of internal bleeding
- Shoulder pain brought on by bleeding in the abdominal region
- Signs of shock
- Worsening of pelvic or belly pain
- Heavy vaginal bleeding
Additionally, a person with ectopic pregnancy also experience signs associated with early pregnancy such as:
- Tender breasts
- Missed period
- Increased in frequency of urination
Hello. I Am 24 years old and recently married. And am a student also. I am continuing my studies. I want to do sex with my husband but I don't want pregnancy. Is there any tips or pills to control the pregnancy.
Men in one study gave women?s breasts a score of 8.5 out of 10 which was the highest score in the set. So this proves once again that boobs are a woman?s primary sexual at-tractors for men.
Once the reality of the positive pregnancy test sets in, dreaming about the yet-to-arrive begins. Curiosity about gender, options for names, ways to manage, shopping ideas, etc., begin to get discussed. And then totally out of the blue the news comes that there is a miscarriage. This is one of the most depressing phases. It is very important for the family to be around and support each other. While the entire family is upset and hurt over the news, the mother needs most care as there is just not emotional but a huge physical component also to the episode. On the other hand, remember that miscarriages are extremely common, and is no indication of a fertility issue.
The first step would be to diagnose and confirm the miscarriage. After that, depending on whether it was complete or incomplete, some medical intervention might be required. In most cases, medications like misoprostol are given to expel the uterine contents. These help by clearing out the contents in about a couple of days' time. In some cases, a D and C might be required if your doctor suspects that medication will not suffice. This also helps identify if there is any issue in the uterus that could have caused the miscarriage.
While the above take care of the physical part, the emotional component also requires cautious management. Needless to say, this is trickier than the earlier one.
Mourn to your heart's content - When you have nursed a life within you and have lost it, it is very normal to cry for its loss. There would be a mix of emotions - shock, denial, confusion, anger, grief, depression, etc. Take some solace from that fact that this is nature's way of removing unhealthy fetuses.
Get someone to talk to - Need not be your husband, but anybody whom you can talk to without having to watch words. A sibling, a good friend, a close relative - your choice. Make sure you don't pick ones who will judge and sympathize with you. More than sympathy, you need someone understanding and knowledgeable.
Socialize more - As you would have kept to yourself post your positive test, use this time to socialize more and meet friends whom you have not regularly been in touch with. Close family members, your children (if you already have), society groups, movie groups, etc., help to a great extent.
Formal medical counseling: If you are not able to cope with your regular circle of family and friends, try seeking professional advice from counseling.
Spirituality - Whether you believe in temple or churches, spend some time there. Involve in some religious activity if you would like, this helps very often.
As much as it is painful and traumatic, it is not very uncommon or unnatural. Get back on your feet, the sooner you do, the better.