Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
How long can I delay my daughter's vaccination for measles she is going to be 9 months on the 19th June? What should I be aware of, if I can and I do? And Most of all, Should I delay?
My baby is keeping her hand in her mouth full day Is there will be any problem for her in future Any solution for it She is 6 month old.
My baby is 13 months old. He is right now suffering from from infection in saliva gland what will be the best possible way of relief. It is paining him behind his ears.
Dear sir, my new born child head is affected with some like badda, please advice how to remove this from head ?
My 1year old son is havig some swelling on his navel (umbilical. Is there anything about to worry or it is usual around these age?
My baby is 4 years old suffering from rickets. What are the remedial steps should taken in diet or daily routine?
My son is having leg ache frm last 4 years and now a days he is suffering from headache. What should i do?
My son has 2 and half months old. Mother milk feeding baby he is. How much amount of water must needed this baby per a day? He is suffering with constipation. What should we do now.
The festival of Diwali is greeted with great pomp and splendour and along with the regular festivities, the pollution levels in the air also rise due to the ritual of bursting fire crackers. In an analysis, the rise of harmful pollutants such as sulphur dioxide and nitrogen dioxide seemed to reveal a disturbing outcome.
The rise in pollution during Diwali affects you in the following ways:
- The PM (particulate matter which is smaller than 2.5mm) enters your lungs (learn more about lung cancer) and bloodstream and has several health impacts including chronic respiratory symptoms such as painful breathing and shortness of breath which might cause premature death.
- High sulphur dioxide levels in the air during Diwali also lead to inflammation of air passages and causes complications in respiration.
- A compound called ‘strontium’ found in the atmosphere multiplies by 120 times during the festival and causes bone damage and blood clotting ailments.
- Firecrackers contain heavy metals which are toxic to the human body and the amount of magnesium in the air goes up by 22x, which poses a significant threat to all forms of life.
- The noise pollution also rises during the festival and in extreme cases, can permanently damage one’s hearing.
However, there are a few measures you can undertake to steer clear of the excessive pollutants present in the air:
- Limit the amount of time you spend outdoors even while exercising. This is because the air remains contaminated, days after all the festivities get over and the pollutants take a very long time to dissipate.
- Even on the road, drive with the windows of your car rolled up to avoid intake of adulterated air and use a face mask if you are a two-wheeler rider.
- Plant a lot of green plants inside your house as they purify the air you are breathing and ensure a supply of fresh oxygen.
- Install an air purifier in the room to make sure you breathe in fresh, uncontaminated oxygen when you sleep. The air purifier will also help in lessening your respiratory complications.
Also, in case you notice any respiratory or breathing problem, it is advisable that you consult a pulmonologist, to rule out serious health issues.