Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Submit a review for Dr. Kavita GanatraYour feedback matters!
My daughter age of 22 facing the problem of bedwetting while sleeping at night from childhood. I consulted with doctor few years back. He said it will stop with passage of time. But she still wet the bed. We are going to plan her marriage. Which medicine should I give to her to stop bed wetting.
Hi sir, I will do marry in next 1 year so what I can do before my marriage which medical test I do. And my girlfriend also. Please sir suggest me how to enjoy personal sex life.
Heavy menstrual bleeding, technically called menorrhagia, is one of the most common types of abnormal bleeding from the uterus. Menstrual bleeding is said to be heavy if there is so much blood that a tampon or pad remains soaked for several hours.
Here are all the possible causes of heavy menstrual bleeding:
- Hormonal imbalance: Estrogen and progesterone levels are the primary control mechanism for periods. If the ovaries have a problem in functioning, hormonal imbalances may occur. Heavy menstrual bleeding is most common in females who are at the start of menopause. Puberty menorrhagia can occur in adolescents who are experiencing their first menstrual period.
- Fibroids: Fibroids most commonly occur around the age when women can get pregnant. Uterine fibroids are non-cancerous growth on the uterus.
- Ectopic pregnancy: An ectopic pregnancy is when a fertilized egg stays in the fallopian tube, but does not reach the uterus.
- Blood thinners: These are medicines, which are usually anticoagulant or antiplatelet drugs.
- Problems with IUD: A non-hormonal intrauterine device is a T-shaped device used for birth control which is inserted into the uterus.
- Adenomyosis: This is a condition in which the muscular wall of the uterus also gets the lining of the uterus intermingled with it. However, this condition is rare and only happens in middle aged women with several children.
- PID: PID stands for Pelvic Inflammatory Disease and refers to any infection within the organs of the reproductive system.
- Cancer: Uterine, ovarian and cervical cancer are just some of the cancers, which may cause heavy menstrual bleeding.
- Other diseases: Liver, kidney and thyroid diseases are all included.
Hi m 7 months pregnant m using squat toilet which is an old Indian style toilet till 6 months it was not difficult bt with the starting of 7 th its vry difficult for me. Is it to worry or not. Is it safe.
After sex my wife gets itching on outside of her vagina, what would be the reason. Do I need to get chk up .Pl advice.
The human body’s ability to manage the fats consumed and the way the liver functions to handle this in the overall metabolism setting are dependent on choline. Choline, which is present mostly in the form of Vitamin B12, is available in plenty in most of the foods consumed by people regularly. The issue arises when the body system fails to absorb choline nutrient from the food consumed. There are also cases where the dietary intake does not possess adequate choline in it.
Natural Difficulty in Absorbing Choline
There are certain conditions in which the system finds it difficult to absorb choline though the diet may contain the nutrient. People who have just undergone a by-pass surgery or those who have had a kidney transplant done or if there is already a liver problem like cirrhosis face this issue. There are other reasons also which can lead to choline deficiency, such as the prolonged intake of anti-convulsant drugs and so on.
How to Detect or What are the Symptoms?
Some apparent symptoms can lead the GP to ask for more tests to establish that the person does have choline deficiency. In normal person, even high blood pressure could be caused due to choline deficiency. Then in many cases, a blood test for any other condition might reveal very low levels of VLDL (Very Low-Density Lipoprotein). This substance in the blood is used by the liver to transport fats and naturally, if VLDL is below a certain threshold the person is bound to be suffering from choline deficiency. High level of cholesterol is another symptom. It has to be understood that choline is also essential for the human brain to be functioning at its active best. Deficiency of choline can lead to an early setting in of dementia. Of course, any patient with liver and kidney related condition reaching the doctor will be checked for choline deficiency since these are closely related.
Where to Get Choline from?
The next obvious question is which foods can get you choline easily and you won’t suffer from a deficiency. As mentioned there are plenty of food items of daily consumption which have choline in them. The most frequently recommended are the yolk of the egg. Pastured eggs are recommended and though even one egg can give some 115mgms of choline, you can make a couple of eggs a part of your daily breakfast menu. The other suggestion is raw liver as in beef liver which is quite rich in choline. Those who consume only vegetarian foods can always eat a lot of green vegetables like cauliflower, cabbage and also nuts and legumes (soaked) and milk and yoghurt are all good for choline intake.
Choline is an essential nutrient in the human body and is critical to the growth and development of cognitive functions and its deficiency can lead to many serious conditions, including liver impairment and brain disorders. There are plenty of foods rich in choline and should be consumed regularly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
Hi Sir, My age is 25 years, my problem is, I tried unprotected sex with my girlfriend 2 months ago she got a pregnant I tested 2 times with pregatest its positive. After that I given papaya after five 5 days month came but she told just 1day came just small bleeding and only one small tissue came. Please tell the full details of pregnancy cleared or its continuing please tel me any pills to stop please urgent. Hi Sir, My age is 25 years, my problem is, I tried unprotected sex with my girlfriend 2 months ago she got a pregnant I tested 2 times with pregatest its positive. After that I given papaya after five 5 days month came but she told just 1day came just small bleeding and only one small tissue came. Please tell the full details of pregnancy cleared or its continuing please tel me any pills to stop please urgent. you. S. G Not taken. Tell me generally pls madam. Any possible to its cleared.
Save is abdominal pain
Save is throat pain
Save is tooth infection
Save is obesity
Save is swain flu (cold & cough )
Save is lethargy
I am 27 years old married woman and I am having itching and swelling around my vagina from past 3 days. What is this?
Hi Doctor I am Amrita and my age is 16. Doctors I have my first periods today before it my periods never happened today it's first time. It's too painful what should I do. I don't know anything periods and also don't know what to do in periods so please help me.
I am 18 years old guy and I had normal sex with my gf who is also 18 on 24/6/16. I basically just tried to put my penis on her anal. But I Neva inserted. Just for once my penis did touch her vagina. And she told me to move up. So that it does not touch. But I was about to ejaculate on her anal. But I got up and ejaculated outside. But after two days she is not having proper stool. She is even having cramps in her lower abdomen. Please help me. We did not use any pills or condom as we did not insert. But after 5 days she had ipill on 28/6/16. And her period date is around 10/7/16. Pls help I can not tell my family nor she they will just kill us literally.
The market is flooded with different types of supplements required for a healthy body. The same is in case of whey protein, it comes in powdered form and is available across stores. These supplements are blended with vitamins, sugar, minerals and flavoring. It is very important that the right type of whey protein is selected and according to the needs. It is not necessary that only the big-bodied people make use of Whey protein, but it is important to incorporate Whey protein in your daily food routine.
Need for whey protein in the body
- The main reason why you really need to take whey protein is that it is helps to lose fat and preserve the muscles of the body.
- The amount of protein that is required by recreational athletes is about 0.5-0.75 grams of protein each day for every pound of their body weight.
- Adults can take about 0.9 grams per pound of their body weight. Whey protein acts as fuel for the body on which your muscles run, and it is very vital for revival after a workout.
Why intake of whey protein is necessary?
You can take whey protein even to reduce hunger and avoid developing a physique that is shaped like a ball. The most effective use of whey protein is that it protects against different forms of cancers like colon cancer and prostrate cancer. It is very important to consult a medical professional and then include whey protein in the diet to fight against cancer.
- Whey protein is an excellent alternative that can be taken to cope with stress and people who consume whey protein experience less indication of depression.
- Consuming whey protein daily keeps their mood better and especially the whey protein shake is very refreshing.
- Based on the research conducted by the University of Alberta, it has been found that whey protein is needed even to improve the immune system of the body.
- Males who are subjected to strenuous aerobic activity must for certain take the whey protein as the levels of glutathione can be reduced, and it can create great impact on the nervous, immune and gastrointestinal system.
- You can purchase whey protein supplements or powder from online stores.
- Whey protein is a 100% original and authentic product.
- Intake of whey protein provides greater results, and it is excellent for those who desire to shed some fat. You can even try eating the whey protein bar if you desire to have some snack.