Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Kaveri VishwanathanYour feedback matters!
My lab report details. Lipid profile: serum cholesterol- 252 mg/dl: triglycerides - 198 mg/dl: hdl cholesterol - 40 mg/dl: Ldl cholesterol-172 mg/dl: vdl cholesterol- 40. Chl/hdl ratio - 6.3:Ldl/hdl ratio - 4.3. Liver function test: bilirubin total - 1.2 mg/dl: bilirubin direct - .4: bilirubin indirect - .8: SGOT (AST) - 49 IU/L :SGPT (ALT) - 120 IU/L: total protein - 7.7 gm/dl. If any thing problem in my liver. Actually my alcohol consumption is below 1 ltr per month. Please give an advice.
After bypass success heart surgery- life is normal but having pain in both side of chest left consolidated pain - any remedy-?
What are the initial symptoms if heart attack. And what are the precautions should we take in a cement plant as I'm working in the same field becoz the environment remains polluted every time.
My father is a diabetic patience with high bp. He also have some blockage in heart. Since last few months he is feeling dizziness and feel getting imbalance. We consulted a doctor and after undergoing some test the doctor have said that some minor blockage in the brain veins have been detected and referred some medicine. P.
Diastolic hypertension not control with Tab telmisartan40. Then Dr. add chlorthalidone6. 25,hypertension controlled, but when after 3 months again Dr. keep me on tab telmisartan40, then after 2 days again diastolic BP rise. Dr. says then continue combination Tab, but it causes electrolytes disturbance on long term use of combined drug, particularly with chlorthalidone 6.25. So suggest my actual medication. My All cardiac profiles blood investigation are normal. TMT normal Echo cardio - normal.
What is the correlation between high BP and cholesterol? Like does high cholesterol cause high BP or vice versa?
My sister has 100/65 low blood pressure. What should we do or what does it mean to be such low blood pressure. Thank you.
My mother is 78 years old, she is having arthritis, BP and her back is bent. She is having numbness in her hand.
Hi Age 72 male, Bp gets low when walks and stands for sometime, when lying on bed it is normal. Takes sugar medicine.
My Dad got a paralysis attack in year 2006 . He is fine now his blood pressure is normal not because of medicines but generally also. He is 62 years old now, Can he still take medicine named met first xl 25 which is apparently medicine for high bp . Request your advice please.
I have pain in chest region and pain is acute n unbearable. It happens mostly in stress ,increased workload, cold.I m asthmatic too. I am 51 years old. Pain persist for long. N I could nt work at all.
My father BP Jain undergone angiography and angioplasty last year. Now he is having respiratory problems. Medications he is taking is concor5 mg, amlopres5, foracort 400 ,and ecosprin75 /20. Can you please suggest should we go ahead with lung detox home based things also. Am thinking of eucalyptus oil steam treatment .Also can you please suggest any other things as well. His heart reports are normal and NT pro BNP is 152.4.
My friend has an addiction of smoking and drinking. Since few months he has noticed blood coming out through vomiting and also has chest pain. I want to know what are the exact problems he is facing? And what test should be done.
Cardiomyopathy includes diseases involving the heart muscle. These diseases have various causes, types, symptoms and modes of treatment.
The heart muscle gets enlarged, thick or rigid. In several cases, the heart muscle tissue is replaced with a scar tissue. As this condition worsens, the heart gets weaker and the ability to pump blood is disrupted, which can cause heart failure or irregular beating of the heart. The weakened state of the heart can lead to valvar diseases.
The different types of cardiomyopathy are:
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy: This is a common form and affects people of all ages. Men and women are affected equally. This condition arises due to the enlargement and thickening of the heart muscle. The ventricles, the septum and the lower heart chamber usually thicken, which causes obstruction in pumping of blood by the heart. This disease also causes stiffness in the ventricles, and cellular changes in the tissue.
- Dilated Cardiomyopathy: This form of cardiomyopathy develops due to the enlargement and weakening of the ventricles. The issue arises from the left ventricle and develops over time. It may even affect the right ventricle. More effort is put in by the heart muscles for pumping blood and slowly the heart is unable to pump blood effectively. This condition may lead to heart failure, valve diseases or blood clots in the heart.
- Restrictive Cardiomyopathy: This disease occurs due to the stiffening of the ventricles, without thickening of the walls of the heart. The ventricles are not allowed to relax and do not receive a sufficient volume of blood supply. This condition causes heart failure and valvar problems over time.
- Arrhythmogenic Right Ventricular Dysplasia: This rare form of cardiomyopathy occurs when fat or fibrous tissues replace the muscle tissue of the right ventricle. This causes arrhythmias and disruption in the electrical signals of the heart. It generally affects teens and may cause cardiac arrest in athletes.
- Unclassified Cardiomyopathy: Some types of cardiomyopathy of this category include left ventricular non compaction where the ventricles develop trabeculations. Takotsubo cardiomyopathy is another disease where immense stress causes failure of the heart muscles.
Treatment: Many cases of cardiomyopathy come and go away on their own. Treatment for other cases depends on the severity and symptoms. The major treatment methods are:
Lifestyle changes meant for a healthier heart.
Modes of surgery for treatment of cardiomyopathy include:
- Septal myectomy
- Heart transplant
Implant devices such as Cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT) device, Implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD), Left ventricular assist device and pacemakers are fitted into the heart for better performance.
Cardiomyopathy can be of many different types, each arising from different situations and conditions. The mode of treatment depends on the severity of the complication or on the basis of symptoms.