Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Kavan LakdawalaYour feedback matters!
I consume alcohol daily/regularly. Now I want to quit alcohol completely. Is there any problem if I quit it suddenly. Please suggest me some ideas to quit alcohol.
I am 52 years man terrible suffering from depression. My problem is from childhood. Last 25 years continuously taking medicine from renowned psychiatrist. But till I several time breakdown and again fight to live. What I myself judged or actual reason found that is I do not have the proper organ which naturally make people to love to theirs father, mother brother, wife child friend etc. Whatever I do that is by force which I can not tell to anybody Since childhood I can not make any friend I can not mix up with anybody. So I used to hide myself by reading book only. When I got service then it was saddest day for my life because now I have to enjoy and I have to stay with others. I was not much educated solution found suicide. Their also I failed. After few years I went for treatment. But discontinued. Last 25 years I am continuously taking medicine. By the period I left the job and kept engaged myself in such job that help me to stay good. From all the way tried to keep myself fit, I know again somehow I will be all right by changing high dose medicine. Again I will be attacked. Suggest me is there any operation in brain that can give me a normal life. I am terrible suffering in depression. I can not die, so suggest some operation not medicine not counselling.
Hi I am 26 years old since 6 years ago started to do masturbation. So due to that now days im lit bit tense. Now days I stop but I feel laziness. Memory power loss. Pickle mind. Less sperm count etc. So now I want to improve all memory loss immunity power. Sperm count. Etc. So please suggests me that best ways to improve my all weakness.
Growing up is a fact of life and while parents would love their children to be with them, it isn’t always possible. Although in India, children do tend to stay with parents, an increasing trend among the urban population shows that younger populations have to move out of their parent’s homes to other places in search of work, opportunity and career growth. This leaves parents alone and coping with loneliness due to the absence of their children, which may lead to a problem akin to depression, known as ‘empty nest syndrome’.
What Exactly is Empty Nest Syndrome?
If the children have grown up and moved out of the house due to career opportunities or after marriage, parents may find themselves very lonely within their house. However, you should remember that this is not a clinical problem but more of a situation that is being increasingly encountered and has been classified as a mass phenomenon rather than just being a disorder. The problems that parents mostly encounter are
Lack of constant companionship.
Missing the children and being a part of their daily lives.
Worrying about the safety of children when they are not with them.
Missing a purpose in life.
Measuring the impact of the empty nest syndrome
As it has been described and categorized as a phenomenon, it isn’t a form of disorder with a bad side only. Empty nest syndrome tends to have both negative as well as positive effects, if it can be channelized properly. Some of the possibilities of both are mentioned here.
Negative effects include vulnerability to
However, positives can come out of this as well such as
Opportunities for the parents to reconnect with each other as the children are out of the picture.
Actively look to improve the quality of their marriage and resolve conflicts.
Take up new activities and hobbies and support each other with that.
Dedicate more time to each other and cultivate new skills.
Coping with Empty Nest Syndrome
Some of the things you can try to counter the effects of empty nest syndrome are
Cultivating positivity: This is the hardest part to do as negative emotions may flood your senses. It is important that you try to stay positive and think that it is in the best interest of your child.
Adjust your time according to your children’s availability: Don’t brood over the fact that your children may not be calling you as per your convenience. Instead of try to align your routine so that you can talk to them when their schedule allows it. This way, you will get a lot of time in your hands.
Actively look for support: If you are missing your children and it is significantly affecting your life, go and actively look for support. Connect or reconnect with your neighbors, friends or relatives and try spending time with them.
- Ensure you keep in touch: Keep in touch with your children regularly and ensure a routine of calling and communicating is established so that you are regularly updated, which helps in reducing loneliness and longing. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
To get much energy for work both physically and mentally, how to be motivated to be energised and rejuvenated in one's life.
I lost somebody close last year and since then depressed and prefer keeping to myself all time. Please help ne.
I sometimes feel that I am travelling back in time. Sometimes when I am sad and I try to relax, all of a sudden I feel that for a second or two, I was in place I used to visit earlier, e.g. I was in my hostel room with few friends, or at a friends home, opening slippers before getting inside. These things make me nostalgic. anyway, anytime, I remember something, and then I become sad, thinking of what all I have lost. Is it normal and not a serious issue? Right now, I am living with my parents, and not with my husband from 1 year, as he went abroad, I miss him too, may be being alone makes me think these things, and sometimes I even feel that I am worthless, sitting all day, though I am taking much care of my 1 year old baby.
Some days im feeling not better feel very tired and feeling lazy or stress why? I feeling light dizzy and light pain neck and back some before 3 year.
Hello doctor, Mera beta 8 years ka hai usko bahut gussa aata hai or jab woh ghar se bahar jaata hai toh woh mujhse bilkul bhi nahi dharta woh bahar aise karta hai jasse woh mera beta nahi main uski beti hu or uska study me koi concentration nahi hai woh ek jagah tik kar nahi bethta or woh c.w bhi nahi utar kar lata mujhe roj whts app or c.w lena padhta hai or woh bahut jiddi bhi ho gaya hai phele uska o great aata tha ub d great aata hai please koi solution batao or woh active bhi nahi hai uska weight 35 kg hai please koi solution bataeyeplz.
Can tensions and thinking and depression and money problems may lead to lose weight and immunity of our body. 2 years back im so healthy but once I had typhoid fever after that lots of problems occur to my body hair lose, body become so thin, and I have lack of Sleep problem over thinking .present im facing allergies cold and tried of my body. Nd now it looks like sinus also. I use many antibiotic and also homeopathy also no proper result .and I had many blood tests also like hiv, hcv, hbv tridot test results are non reactive (negative) I dnt know what is the reason for this. Please help me.
I am a 28 years old man. My problem is that lots of thoughts go in my mind, even though when I watch T. V or working or outing, these thoughts don't stop they just keep coming, sometime I get depressed to because of these. Tell me how to stop this. Does it happens to everyone?
I notices sudden change in my voice sound. My voice is like hoarse and vibrates when I speaks. When I clear my throat I found mucus coming out often. When I speaks people barely understand me. Am I suffering from any disease. If so what can I do to treat it, if it's curable. I really need to get rid of it. Because it effects my day to day activities since I experience it.
Sleep problems - Problems falling asleep at the right time and problems in maintaining a sound sleep are two signs that indicate you have an anxiety disorder.
Stress is the reaction people have to excessive pressures or other types of demand placed upon them. It arises when they worry and can no more cope up. Stress is the “wear and tear” our minds and bodies experience as we attempt to cope with our continually changing environment.
How do you know you are stressed?
- Fatigue, headache, insomnia, muscle ache, stiffness (especially neck, shoulders & low back)
- Heart palpitations, chest pains, abdominal cramps, nausea, trembling
- Cold extremities, flushing or sweating & frequent colds
- Decrease in concentration & memory
- Indecisiveness, mind racing or going blank
- Confusion, loss of sense of humor
- Mental slowness
- Depression, reduced sleep
- Anger, frustration, worry
- Fear, impatience, hopelessness
- Nervous habits, increased eating, smoking, drinking
- ProcrastinatingCrying, yelling, blaming and even throwing things or hittinSuicidal thoughts
- If you are facing any of these symptoms persistently in the absence of any medical problem it might be because of STRESS!
HOW TO MANAGE STRESS?
1. Most important thing is to accept that stress might be playing a role.
2. Do not be in denial mode, and wait for things to get corrected by itself, symptoms can start suddenly, but it will not disappear just like that.
3. Recognize the source and personal contribution to stress ( family situation, work related, financial, kids, relationships etc).
4. Remember there are no quick fixes to reduction of stress except working on damage limitation strategies.
5. It involves commitment and motivation to remain healthy despite adversities around us.
6. Don't hide your problems. Share your feelings with someone or write a dairy.
7. Practice relaxation techniques regularly - Om chanting, pranayama, yoga, exercise, prayer etc.
8. Follow healthy nutritious diet pattern - lot of fruits, nuts, vegetables, pulses etc.
9. Try to repeat things which make you feel good - listening to music, reading, dancing etc.
10. Maintain a good sleep hygiene.
11. If things are worse or you feel it is hard to cope, seek help. Most of the situations can be dealt by counseling and guidance, but you should be open to it.
12. Life is beautiful, everybody is entitled to have a good life. Happiness is within us. Always remember if you do not take any initiative to make life better nobody can help you.