Find numerous Endocrinologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. Kaustubh DurveYour feedback matters!
Hello. I am 22 years old .female. have thyroid since 8 yrs. My ht is 5'2 .my wt is 70 kg. Increased weight, depression, over thinking, anxiety. These are my problems. Please provide proper solution for my problem.
My mom is facing the sugar problem. And also she need to reduce her weight. Suggest the foods or medicine to reduce sugar as well as weight. Thanks.
#1 Holy Basil (tulsi) leaves
The leaves of holy basil are packed with antioxidants and essential oils that produce eugenol, methyl eugenol and caryophyllene. Collectively these compounds help the pancreatic beta cells (cells that store and release insulin) to function properly and increase sensitivity to insulin. An added advantage is that the antioxidants present in the leaves help beat the ill effects of oxidative stress.
Tip: Consume two to three tulsi leaves whole or about one tablespoon full of its juice on an empty stomach to lower the blood sugar levels. Here are top 10 health benefits of tulsi
#2 Flax seeds (Alsi)
Due to their high fibre content flaxseeds help digestion and aid in the proper absorption of fats and sugars. Consuming flax seed helps reduce a diabetic’s postprandial sugar level by almost 28 per cent.
Tip: Consume one tablespoon of ground flaxseed powder every morning on an empty stomach with a glass of warm water. However, do not have more than 2 tablespoons per day, as it can be detrimental to your health. Here are 11 ways to include flaxseeds in your diet.
#3 Leaves of bilberry (neelabadari) plant
The leaves of bilberry have been used in Ayurveda for many centuries to control diabetes. Recently, the Journal of Nutrition stated that the leaves of the Bilberry plant contain high amounts of anthocyanidin, which enhance the action of various proteins involved in glucose transportation and fat metabolism. Due to this unique property, bilberry leaves are a great way to lower one’s blood sugar levels.
Tip: Crush bilberry leaves in a mortar and pestle and consume 100 milligrams of this extract everyday on an empty stomach.
#4 Cinnamon (dalchini)
Also known as dalchini, it improves insulin sensitivity and lower blood glucose levels. Having as little as ½ teaspoon of cinnamon per day can improve one’s insulin sensitivity and help controlling weight, thereby decreasing one’s risk for heart disease.
Tip: Include about 1 gram of dalchini into your daily diet for about a month to help lower blood sugar levels. Read more health benefits of cinnamon.
#5 Green Tea
Unlike other tea leaves, green tea is unfermented and is high in polyphenol content. Polyphenol is a strong antioxidant and hypo-glycaemic compound that helps control the release of blood sugars and helps the body use insulin better. Read more 10 types of flavoured green tea that have 20 health benefits.
Tip: Steep a bag of green tea in hot water for 2-3 minutes. Remove the bag and drink a cup of this tea in the morning or before your meals.
#6 Drumstick leaves
Also called moringa, the leaves of this plant are best known for their ability to boost one’s energy. In the case of diabetics, the moringa leaf increases satiety and slows the breakdown of food and lower blood pressure.
Tip: Take a few drumstick leaves, wash and crush them to extract their juice. Now take about 1/4th cup of this juice and drink it on an empty stomach, every morning to keep your sugar levels under control.
#7 Psyllium husk (Isabgol)
Also known as psyllium husk is often used as a laxative. When isabgol comes in contact with water, it swells to form a gel-like substance. This slows the breakdown and absorption of blood glucose. Isabgol also protects the stomach lining from ulcers and acidity.
Tip: Cosume isabgol after every meal, ideally with milk or water. Avoid having it with curd as it can lead to constipation. For homoeopathic treatment give detailed history - Dr Rushali Angchekar
Vaibhavi homoeo clinic
I am 20 years old my weight is 85 kg From last 1 year my period is not coming I have thairod from 2 year i'm taking supplement. What should I do?
Quest" What is the initial symptoms of diabetes? How can be people be alerted from such type of diseases.
I am 36 years old male, I have suffering heel pain from last 6 months. I checked my uric acid, and results showed 6.4. After that I apply pain relief ointment but I have not got any fruitful results. So I wants to know what is the reason for this pain? And how to relief?
I am 30 yr old. I have my IVF starting from May 2015. I am 71kgs. Doctor advised to reduce atleast 6-7 Kgs but have to focus on healthy food. Can you guide me.
Doctor sir I am faruk bhai my problem was diabetes so doctor what is the treatment of diabetes to daily basses replay me doctor what can I do.
My father suffering from diabetes since last 8 years. His sugar level is 230I want to know from your side that which tests should I carry out other than Blood sugar level. And how frequently should these tests should be carried? What precautions should I take for him he is 65 years now. Please help.
I am in diabetics from last 5 yrs but n control now I have average 175 with tablet, I m taking gliclazide 80 and metformin 500 each one daily, now I want stop it please guide.
My daughter is 13.5 year old. She is little bit allergic n asthmatic and also have thyroid. She is taking medicine Thyronorm 25 mg. And montair 5 for allergies. What should I do.
Hi. I am suresh. I am 25 years old. My problem is I am suffering from thyroid. Recently checked my reports tsh is 7. Free t4 is 1.35 and tpo antibodies value is 102. So please briefly about antibodies value. Is it value higher. Please support me.
Hello Dr. am 7 week pregnant undergone sonography no clear cut foetal pole is seen. Dr. kya bahut problem ki baat hai. Dr. ne 14 days baad fir se sonography ke liye bola hai. Main eltroxin 25 mg le ri. Kya thyriod k wajah se baby growth delay ho ri. My Dr. said am very anxious is wajah se ho rha. Kya problem hai mjhe.
I am diabetic and having b. P. Both are well under control. But I feel tired, I am not fresh in the morning, always feel sleepy. I have leg pain too.
I have a habit of masturbation is it bad for health I am now 52 years old and having no problem of health only diabetic but sugar level is under control.
My thyroid level tsh level z 3.47.and from 8 months am suffering from cold. Like neck pain, it z always paining below my ear. I don't HV running nose and I feel cough remains their. I take clavam medicine.
Diabetes is often referred to as diabetes mellitus by physicians, which is used for describing a group of metabolic-related diseases. Diabetic patients have high blood sugar (blood glucose) in the blood, the cause of which might be either the inadequate production of insulin or because the body is unable to use the insulin properly. Diabetes might also be a result of the combination of both.
There are three types of diabetes:
- Type 1 diabetes which was formerly known as insulin-dependent diabetes or juvenile onset diabetes due to the fact that the symptoms are typically diagnosed in young children and children in their teens. Approximately 10%diabetic patients are Type 1 diabetic where the body is unable to produce insulin.
- Type 2 diabetes was also known as non-insulin-dependent diabetes or adult onset diabetes, as it occurs mostly in adults. Approximately 90%diabetic patients worldwide are Type 2 diabetes, which occurs because the body is unable to produce the required amount of insulin for proper functioning. Overweight and obese people suffering from central obesity or abdominal obesity are more at risk of developing Type 2 diabetes than people who have a healthy body weight, as obesity forces the release of chemicals which may destabilize the cardiovascular and metabolic systems of the body. The risks of developing Type 2 diabetes also increases as one grows older.
- Another type of diabetes is gestational diabetes, which mainly affects pregnant women who have high glucose levels in their blood. The bodies of these women are unable to produce the required amount of insulin to transport all the glucose to their cells leading to the progressive increase of glucose. Studies have revealed that women who have animal fat and cholesterol-rich diet before pregnancy are at more risk of developing this type of diabetes.
Symptoms of diabetes include excessive thirst, dehydration, increased urination and hunger. Symptoms may also include fatigue, skin problems, slow healing wounds, blurred vision and tingling in the feet.
- Patients who are afflicted with Type 1 diabetes will have to take insulin injections for life. Proper blood glucose levels have to be maintained throughout by following a strict diet and regular blood tests need to be carried out.
- Patients with Type 2 diabetes need to keep their weight in check. They are generally treated with tablets, but sometimes insulin injections are recommended. These diabetic patients need to follow a healthy diet strictly, exercise regularly and keep monitoring their blood glucose levels. Another option for obese people to reduce symptoms is Bariatric surgery.
- While gestational diabetes can be controlled with proper diet and regular exercise, there are 10 - 20%of diabetics who will need medications to control blood-glucose. Undiagnosed and untreated gestational diabetes raises the risks of complications during childbirth and may result in a baby who is bigger than he / she should be.
Acute complications of diabetes may include hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia while chronic complications may include diseases of the blood vessels which could damage the eyes, nerves, kidneys and the heart. If you think you have symptoms which suggest diabetes, consulting a doctor at the earliest would be your best option.