Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Kaushik ShahYour feedback matters!
I'm 26 year old & I'm having piles problem. Also my weight is just 45 kg from last 2 years even though I tried it's not increasing. What should I do?
According to most experts, depression and diabetes have been intricately connected in a vicious cycle. While the prolonged and sustaining nature of diabetes directly makes one vulnerable to the bouts of depression, doctors tend to locate traces of depression in the family history of an individual in order to diagnose the roots of diabetes. It won't be too far-fetched to state that both causes as well as affects the other.
If you have diabetes, either type 1 or type 2, you have an increased risk of developing depression. And if you're depressed, you may have a greater chance of developing type 2 diabetes. The good news is that diabetes and depression can be treated together. And effectively managing one can have a positive effect on the other.
How Diabetes and Depression Correlated?
There are myriad ways in which diabetes affects depression and vice versa.
Firstly, tackling such a long drawn disease and its various pitfalls might cause a lot of anxiety to one and lead to depression. Whereas on the other hand, depression reduces the zeal to live and thus results in poor lifestyle choices which in turn causes weight gain, unhealthy food habits, physical inactivity. As we are well aware, all these have the potential to wreak havoc for any patient of diabetes.
Similarly, diabetes ushers in various other health complications, adversely impacting one's productivity. This may cause depression in a lot of people.
On the flipside, depression impedes one's ability and enthusiasm to work or communicate, this in turn intervenes with one's monitoring of diabetes. Since these two extremely malevolent diseases have such close connections, medical science recommends ways to grapple with both. The rigors of managing diabetes can be stressful and lead to symptoms of depression.
Diabetes can cause complications and health problems that may worsen symptoms of depression.
Depression affects your ability to perform tasks, communicate and think clearly. This can interfere with your ability to successfully manage diabetes.
Treatment: Depression is just like any other illness, it can be treated. Treatment can lift the depression and improve diabetes control.
Looking after your diabetes will help decrease the risk of getting depression. If you already have depression, good diabetes management will help lessen the negative impacts it can have. Depression is no different to any of the other complication of diabetes. It is a genuine illness for which you need to seek help and support from health professionals.
The treatment for depression and diabetes involves a coordinated approach that monitors both diabetes control and the symptoms of depression. It is about finding the treatment that works best for each person. For example, people with diabetes and mild depression may find that regular physical activity improves depressed moods and also helps control blood glucose levels.
If you suspect you might have depression, take control of your health by:
- Going to a doctor or other health professional
- Getting involved in social activities
- Engaging in regular moderate physical activity
- Learning about depression and diabetes
- Very particular about medicines prescribed for Diabetes
- Eating healthily and including a wide variety of nutritious foods
- Achieving and maintaining healthy weight
- Limiting your alcohol intake
- Getting help, support and encouragement from family and friends
- Asking your doctor to check your blood pressure, cholesterol and blood glucose levels
From past 2 years frequently am having nose bleeds and doctor told that i have deviated septum. Medicines are not working and doctor after CT scan report suggested to have operation. Is it major operation?any consequences?
What is the symptoms for epilepsy, will it come only during specific time. How to come across from this?
I am 23 years of old and I am facing a problem at the time of sex. I get too early ejaculation when I penetrate. It is less than a minute. I have had sex so much. I had sex for 2-3 times. It is normal for me. Does it will go when I will have more sex? Or I need a medication? Help me I need a suggestion.
My 6 years old kids is suffering from ulcer. He is not letting up apply any gel or anti - ulcer cream. Kindly suggest any good syrup.
I am suffering from cuts and cracks below neck of my penis , I have tried neosporin and I wash it with V Wash. However it heals within 2 days and after intercourse it again gets cracked open . I have been suffering from this since almost 8 months now. When I use coconut oil the cuts are very small .please suggest a best medicine as it is affecting my sexual life .
How do I control on myself, (not to do masturbating) any solution? How much time it should be do in a week?
Respected sir/dr, my Dr. advised me 15 years ago when he started diabetic treatment to invariably take b vitamin such as becosules life long since diabetes needs extra B vitamin. But my present Dr. is not advising, what shall I do?
I am 64 years old, had bypass surgery 3 years back. Last 4-5 months lost strength in right arm, particularly forearm and shoulder. Consulted General Physician and Orthopaedic doctors in India. No improvement. Seek advise urgently.
Hello doctor. Why viral fever comes in seasonal change specially in monsoon. What is the main cause of viral fever in human body and which part of the body feels weak when it comes.(Some people says if the human suffered from viral fever then after cured then feel better than before they got fever and whole body will get fresh strength and. Energy. Is its right or not.)
Sir. Mai 29 years from Kolkata. Mera penis thora size me chhota hai aur sex karne ke samaye thik se erect nahi hota aur hota bhi hai to bahut jaldi dhila ho jata hai. Aur ek aur baat sex karne ke baad mere penis ke upar jo skin hai wo upar ho jata hai aur bahut dino tak upar hi atka rehta hai. Mai in chizo se chhutkara pana chahta hu please help me out aur agar jarurat parega to mai aap se personally contact bhi karna chahunga.
Hello, Around 3 months ago my mother was diagnosed with heart problem, she is taking her medicines. But from some days she is feeling heavy in head, also sometimes she feels difficulty in breathing at night time. Why is it happening? Please tell me.
I am smoking from 4 years from last week I left it and I faced yellowish cough and blood in it and also my ears are blocked when I yawn they hurt too much is blood to serious please help me out with this issue these are only symptoms I faced so far.
To remain fit and free from diseases it is not just enough to make healthy lifestyle choices, one should make a conscious effort to convert these choices into regular habits. Healthy habits make our lives happier, reduce stress and help in maintaining a healthy body and mind.
You can enrich your life by adding these habits to your life -
1. Exercise regularly - Starting a regular exercise regimen can help you in getting fit. Apart from the physical benefits, exercise help release endorphins in the body which are also known as the feel-good hormone as they make you happier.
2. Eat a healthy breakfast - The breakfast is the first meal of the day, so eating a nutritious breakfast that contains a healthy balance of carbohydrates, protein and fiber will keep you satiated and provide energy. Eating breakfast also helps to curb binge eating which may promote weight gain.
3. Stop smoking - Smoking can cause damage to the cardiovascular system in the body which can lead to increased chances of blood pressure problems.
4. Take the stairs - Using the stairs instead of the elevator burns more calories and also increases your aerobic fitness.
5. Avoid the phone before bedtime - If you use your phone before you go to sleep, then it can harm your quality of sleep. The light of the phone screen contains certain wavelengths which disrupt the hormone melatonin that is responsible for regulating sleep.
6. Meditate regularly - Meditating on a regular basis reduces stress, enhances your concentration and promotes overall wellbeing.
7. Avoid processed foods - Eating natural foods such as fruits and vegetables reduces chances of gaining weight and getting affected by disorders of the digestive system. It also helps in improving the health of your skin.
8. Drink green tea - Green tea is packed with antioxidants and nutrients which restrict the formation of free radicals. It also increases the metabolic rate of the body which can cause fat loss.
9. Do balancing exercises - Simply standing on one leg for 10 seconds can enhance your mobility and balance which will be beneficial for you in carrying out your everyday movements.