Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Kaushal ShanghviYour feedback matters!
I have problem of pcod, doctor has prescribed me to take met pco care tablets for 3 months. But from the day I am taking these tablets I have loose motions and pain in stomach and also my diet was reduced. Is these problems are due to these tablets?
I have problem in my chest. It is paining. After two days pain stop and automatically start pain. Please give me your suggestion?
My morning is not good when we wakeup I am not breathing normally I do smoking I should do avoid smoking but not do it what we do.
What are the adverse effects on the body of a young person who is working'night shifts on a regular basis? NB: it's effect mentally, physically, sexually on the body.
I have symptoms of AIDS so what I have to do now please tell. I have a sexual contact with unknown person.
I have constant stomach pain in the mornings. I use to have the food from outdoor. I also have gas trouble even if I drink water. So can you pls suggest some solution.
Hi Dr. I need your help my wife is not happy with aur sexual life because my power is very low time sex power so I taken suhagra 100 mg so that tablet also not working may b no changes in power so please suggest me one good tablet please Dr.
M suffering from stomach related problem since February this year. M not able to digest my lunch time food properly and I have to rush to the bathroom to poop for the second time in a day. This is happening daily. I have taken antibiotics which helped me to get relief but that was short lived. The problem came back after 4 to 5 days when I had to remain empty stomach for 2 hours. Moreover ; stress seems to worsen the situation. Please help me.
I'm Having cold even after bathing with either cold or hot water. Or after being in cool climate or eating something chilled.
Can Bipolar Affective Disorder be cured? Or is it a lifelong illness? Will I have to take medicines forever? I often experience apparent auditory, visionary and sensory hallucinations after my breakup with my ex girlfriend; so please suggest the required treatment.
Movement of the head and neck is enabled by the various joints in this region, the main role being played by the cervical spine. This is a part of the vertebra or the spine and supports the head and neck in all movements. There are cervical vertebrae, ligaments, muscles, and nerves which ensure this movement happens smoothly. However, given the complexity of the whole structure, head and neck pain are also two of the most common joint pains.
The Neck Bone’s Connected to the Head Bone…
The vertebrae of your neck (cervical spine) support the weight of your head and all its motions, which may not seem like much – until you realize your head weighs as much as a bowling ball. When your neck bones are not positioned properly, the result is tightening of the muscles and irritation of the nerves that connect with your head. Your head and neck symptoms may include some or all of the following:
- Sharp or dull pain or discomfort in your neck
- Stiffness in your neck
- Inability to turn your head to one side
- Shoulder pain
- Jaw pain
Fortunately, you don’t have to live with head and neck pain – and you don’t have to take drugs to eliminate the pain.
The causes for head and neck pain can range from muscle strain to arthritis to pinched nerve to cancer.
- Posture problems: Not providing adequate support when being seated grows to be a menace. With the changing lifestyle where people end up staring at a monitor, there is tremendous stress on the neck muscles, leading to pain and stiffness. There is also loss of flexibility, leading to a stiff neck and headaches.
- Muscle strain: This can occur due to a sudden movement, either when doing something or as a result of accident (like a whiplash injury). The muscle can be torn or injured and this can result in pain, swelling, and inflammation of the affected area.
- Stress: One of the most common identifier of stress is the constant ache/nagging pain in the back of the neck.
- Disk herniation: When the disk is moved out of its space due to excessive movement and rotation, the disk gets herniated and the nerve gets ‘pinched.’ This can cause a sharp, shooting pain to the area where the nerve emerges out of that disk.
Spondylitis, arthritis, etc., are other chronic inflammatory conditions which can affect the neck and head areas.
When there is pain in the head and neck area, the whole body function is affected. The movement is limited and therefore vision, neck movements, and other functions are affected. This, in turn, affects the overall quality of life.
- Identify the problem with a thorough examination, X-ray, and if required soft tissue examination.
- Ice the area for relief of pain temporarily.
- Improve ergonomics in terms of height of the monitor, seat/chair, etc., so the strain is minimized.
- Develop an exercise regimen, which gives adequate exercise to the head and neck muscles.
- Manage stress. Be it physical, chemical, or emotional stress, it takes a toll on the head and neck area. Managing the stress (there is no escape from it!) will definitely see the pains and stiff neck go away.
- Engage in pain management, which is holistic (as above) and does not always resort to medications.