Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Neurologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Katrak S M
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Katrak S MYour feedback matters!
My husband is 32 yrs old and last year he had seizures and is taking epilex 500 for a year now, we r planning for a baby but I m concerned if the medication would have any adverse effects on the pregnancy or the baby?
I don't smoke. I drink once in two months maybe. I had hookah some months back and felt way too tipsy. I haven't been able to think clearly since. It's like my mind isn't active. Exercising is the option?
Sir I (23 years old girl) m abdominal tb patient, 1 month 12 day se mujhe ATT treatment chal RHA h.PR Abhi b mujhe vomit or gas Ki problem rehti treatment chal RHA h.PR Abhi b mujhe vomit or gas Ki problem rhti h.insomnia also. please advice me sir what I do. & also advice what food to eat and which food to avoid. please reply as soon Sir!
Hi, My mother is in unconscious since 8 days. She was hospitalized and diagnosed with viral encephalitis and providing acivir iv from past 6 days. But still she is in unconscious. But she is able to make little movements and open eyes during pain. I am very upset about her. I want to know when she get conciseness and get cure. I want to know that when she will able to open her eyes and talk. Please suggest something for that.
I am suffering from insomnia from last 5 years as medicine have stopped working is PEMf has some hope treating insomnia.
I am suffering from fits and l consulted the doctor he said there is no problem but it was happening some times.
Hii sir my age is 30 n weight is 90 height is 6 My problem is body pain n headache n uric acid problem n muscles pain n migran I am taking tablet foxstat 80 control uric acid n I have control uric acid but I have to take life time this tablet n when I am doing exercises my body become cool n weakness so what r the reason for weakness n cool please sir suggest me.
Migraine is a type of headache and is characterized by headache on one side of the head. In many cases of migraine, the pain is experienced all over the head and not just on one side. The pain is throbbing in nature. Migraine is mostly caused due to excess stress. Going out in the sun, improper sleep, exposure to loud noise and disruption in eating patterns are other common causes, which lead to migraine. Homeopathic medicines are widely used for treating migraine headaches and provide an effective remedy.
Here are some homeopathic medicines used for curing migraines of different types:
- Belladonna: This is the best homeopathic medicine for migraine which is accompanied by intense throbbing headache. A sense of fullness is also felt in the head, and the headache worsens when exposed to sunlight. Belladonna is also used for migraines developed due to exposure to cold air or catching a cold.
- Glonoinum: This form of homeopathic medicine is used for migraines where there is an excessive congestion in the head. The patient might feel that the head would burst, and it seems to be bigger. Heat is felt around the head, and the eyeballs get protruded. Glonoinum is also used to treat migraines, which occur because of long exposure to the sun.
- Spigelia: This medicine is very effective for curing migraines felt on the left side of the head or left-sided migraine. The headache is usually located over the left temporal area of the head, forehead and eyes. The patient may have the sensation of a tight band being tied around their head.
- Sanguinaria Canadensis: This is a perfect homeopathic medicine for treating right sided migraines where the pain and throbbing are felt on the right side of the head. The pain usually starts from the back of the head and settles over the right eye, affecting the entire right side of the head. The medicine is also prescribed in case of headaches, which occur during the morning and increase during the day. Migraines in women after menopause are also cured by this medicine.
- Iris Versicolor: This is an effective homeopathic medicine for treating migraine where intense nausea, vomiting and acidity are observed. The vomiting is acidic, sour and bitter in taste and a burning sensation in the alimentary canal is also felt.
- Nux Vomica: In case of migraines characterized by gastric problems, this medicine is used. It provides an effective cure for migraines, which occur due to indigestion, constipation and piles. When the migraine worsens after intake of spicy food or alcohol, this medicine provides quick treatment.
Homeopathic medicines are very efficient for curing migraine headaches and there are medicines for all types of migraines occurring due to different causes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
Epilepsy is a common illness and therefore, we commonly encounter women with epilepsy (WWE), who are either pregnant or contemplating pregnancy. There are a lot of apprehensions and misconceptions regarding managing epilepsy in this group of WWE. Here, I wish to highlight some of the important aspects of managing epilepsy in women who are planning a pregnancy or are currently pregnant.
1. If a woman is seizure-free for at least two years, she can consider withdrawing anti-epileptic drugs (aeds) under the supervision of neurologist, and then plan for pregnancy.
2. If a woman has seizures, it is better to continue aeds during pregnancy, as the risk to the baby is several times higher with seizures, as compared to that with aeds.
3. Sodium valproate has the highest risk to the developing baby, and it should be avoided in pregnancy.
5. The lowest effective dose of aed should be used.
6. Try to use only a single anti-epileptic drug, if possible.
7. Folic acid vitamin supplements should be used in pregnancy.
8. The dose of anti-epileptic medication may have to be increased during the last three months of pregnancy.
9. Ct scan of the brain should be avoided, as far as possible, during pregnancy, as radiation exposure due to it may harm the baby.
10. Mri brain is reasonably safe for baby, especially after the first three months of pregnancy. So, if needed, it may be performed.