Find numerous Neurologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Katrak S MYour feedback matters!
I have migraine from age of 17 and now im 27 years old I take many medicine and check up from many doctors but no effects.
Hi! I have cervical spondylosis earlier I use to have numb sensation in my left arm and left hand lilltel finger and ring finger, now this has aghrivated to my right hand and right leg. Am I am worried now. Pls suggest what needs to be done. Regards Nsb.
I am suffering from insomnia I feel severe headache whole night, moreover I got disturbance from from the sound surrounding me even a minor sound blast my mind. Would you mind to explain what should I have to do.
I have a essential tremor. My hand is shaking when I perform any task. My age is just 23. So prefers me something. So I can control it.
My father is 52 years old on 24/4/15 he is paralysed by half body now he was little bit ok. But still he lost little memory and forget few thing in daily life routine please advice what can I do ?
My back pain started 3 months ago, after some days of back pain, weakness in my hands started. Now I also have stiffness in my neck. I have undergone MRI of back and neck, they are normal. Also my vitamin b12 level is fine. And D3 was low but I took injections of D3. And also many mecobalamin tabs, now also my condition is not good. Should I go to neurologist and should undergo EMG test? What should I do?
I am 30 years old and have headache occasionally from last 1 years. Please clarify what are the symptoms of migraine and what are the remedies available? further I noticed this is mainly happens at the time of excessive task performed at laptop without break in 2-3 hours.
पिछले एक साल से मेरे हाथ और अंगुलियों में कम्पन है।पहले केवल अंगुलियों में कम्पन था और धीरे धीरे अब हाथ में भी हल्का फुल्का कम्पन है। यह कम्पन समान्य स्थिति में बैठकर हाथ को उपर उठाए रखने, चाय पीने, किसी अन्य चीजों (जैसे ग्लास) उठाने अथवा मोबाइल की स्क्रीन टच करने आदि पर होता है। मुझे क्या करना चाहिए। [
What is migraine? Whenever I feel headache that becomes irresistible and uncontrolled until I would take any painkiller specially combiflam. If I ignore it for some time, the feeling of nausea and vomiting added. Is it in a symptom of migraine?
I have been suffering from fever since yesterday and also feel headache and shivering. What to do? Please help me.
I am 31 years male. I urinate properly but at end of urinating when I apply some pressure some urine come out. H/O multiple sclerosis since 2009. My stream is also gud.
I am 45 years old lady and my height is 5 feet weight 87 kg and no blood pressure and no diabetes. And no thyroid problem. But my left toe is having numbness since one week and this is causing pain in my entire left leg upto thighs. What should I do to overcome this problem.
A Brain Tumour can be defined as an abnormal growth of the tissues in the brain, which can disrupt the proper brain functions. Generally, the cells in the human body die and are replaced by new cells, while in the case of a tumour, the old cells do not die and form an accumulation and continues to grow to form a mass as more and more cells are added to it.
Symptoms of Brain Tumour:
- Headache: Having headache on regular basis, without any history of having such frequent headaches in past, which becomes worse because of other pressure related activities, such as sneezing, coughing, exercising might be a possible symptom of brain tumour and issues related to such sudden and frequent headaches should be taken up with the doctor without any further delay.
- Seizures: Seizures (fits) are amongst the most common symptoms of brain tumour, which might be limited to a particular body part or the whole body. Seizures might even continue after the treatment of brain tumour because of the left scar tissues in the brain.
- Numbness in arms/legs: Numbness in any body part, especially arms and legs should also be get evaluated timely, so that, if the possible reason behind them is a brain tumour, then the same could be treated well on time.
- Balancing problems: Poor coordination and balancing problems also arise as the most prominent symptom for the brain tumour and hence such small changes must be evaluated and the person suffering should be taken to a doctor immediately to get treated without any delay.
- Memory problems: Lack of concentration, poor memory and short term memory loss are few of the possible symptoms that indicate the presence of tumour.
- Nausea or vomiting: Nausea or vomiting might be the symptoms of many other possible health issues, but a headache supported by nausea and/or vomiting is one of the many symptoms of a brain tumour and hence should not be ignored.
- Facial paralysis: The inability to keep the facial activities under control also indicates the presence of a possible brain tumour and the same should also be diagnosed as soon as one experiences it.
- Change in vision: A person suffering from brain tumour might also experience changes in the vision, dizziness, blurry vision, among other sight related issues.
- Change in speech: The inability to speak properly and changes in the speech of a person may also indicate a possible presence of a tumour.
- Hearing problems: Sudden occurrence of hearing problems and other hearing related disorders might have the brain tumour as a possible reason.
Diagnosing a brain tumour may include one or more of many tests, including CT scan, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Angiogram and biopsy. One should never ignore the symptoms of the brain tumour and should get himself/herself checked since the brain tumours might result into permanent damages to the brain; hence such issues should never be ignored. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.
Tips for after injury
If you have sustained a soft tissue injury, we recommend you use the rice method – rest, ice, compression and elevation to aid your recovery:
- Rest is a key component to the body’s healing process, without it the injured area could become inflamed, more painful, or you could risk further injury
- Ice reduces inflammation and pain. To protect your skin we recommend that the ice be placed within a towel before wrapping around the injured area
- Compression helps reduce swelling and pain
- Elevation also helps reduce swelling by reducing blood flow to the affected area.