Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. KartinYour feedback matters!
My friend who is 20 years old got hurt in the anal area while having sex. She was in a lot of pain. She fainted in some time. What could be the reason that she fainted?
I am suffering from skin disease from last 5 years I went to many Dr. but no use I am getting spots on my face.
I have cystic acne and I use johnson baby soap and olive oil moisturizer So which face wash and water based moisturizer I should use which will not cause acne. Tell me the moisturizer not causing acne for oily skin and sunscreen for oily skin. As well as I want to know that will saslic facewash or salysilic acid facewash will cause may face skin to become thin or will it damage my skin and make more sensitive.
Is any problem Will cause That Washing face with Ice Water In daily morning? And Tell me the benefits also.
Hello doctors, I am 31 years male with residual effects of bells palsy on my face that I had 4 years back. I am unable to close my right eye lid properly secondly continuously I am having infection on lower lips which is going with the antibiotics. But it appears again and again. Upper lips are fine. Hope some one can guide me well. I want permanent solution.
Hii Doc. I am a 15 year old girl. My skin is very oily (specially around the nose region and the T-zone) and pimple prone. My problem is that there are tiny bumps on my skin which are not actually pimples. They neither get lessen nor get removed by anything. They are constantly on my skin since 2 years. I have tried homeopathic medicines and home remedies but all in vain. Can you please help me with the actual cause of those bumps. Thanks in advance.
Adopt these 5 all-natural remedies to revitalize your complexion
1. Oatmeal/cucumber mask
Natural face masks can do wonders for your skin as the essential vitamins and minerals can be directly absorbed instead of absorption from food you eat. Using an oatmeal or cucumber mask every week or twice a week will give immediate relief to your skin and will provide it with a rejuvenating glow.
2. Natural soaps and body wash
Soap is an alkaline product and the human skin is acidic in nature. As a result, prolonged use of conventional soaps can result in dry, stiff and rough skin. Take time out and look for products which are majorly constituted of natural ingredients and are thus gentle on the skin, maintaining its moisture and natural sheen.
3. Vitamin-c face pack
Vitamin-c stimulates the production of collagen in the body which is responsible for the elasticity and glow of your skin. Oral vitamin-c supplements are not effective for skin health and thus it should directly be applied on the skin. Ingredients such as rosewater or rose petals are good sources of vitamin-c and can be easily used to make an all-natural paste for your skin.
4. Sunscreen consisting of natural ingredients
A number of sunscreens are available in the market which consist of natural ingredients and have minimal chemical contamination. Choose the right product based on your skin tone and skin type.
5. Natural moisturizers
Keeping your skin hydrated and moisturized on a regular basis is the best way to ensure that it remains youthful and healthy. Avoid products containing harmful additives and use natural products such as yogurt, tomato paste etc. Also, while picking a moisturizer, make sure that it consists majorly of natural ingredients.
I used veet for many years that has caused my underarms into black patches. And even my arms tanned a lot. I need to know what to do for both the situation.
What would we not give to have that picture perfect, scar-free glowing skin. While some of you are blessed with the natural charisma, many of us have to undergo the daily struggle of beauty creams, toners, scrubs and pastes in order to overcome our skin woes. While a large array of cosmetics promise deliverance from the same, they are not without their fair share of side effects. In fact more often than not, the chemicals which these creams comprise leave your skins scathed even more. Consequently, many of you have turned to natural therapies for countering skin ailments. Most of our skin eruptions, rashes and abscesses are related to our metabolism and hormonal changes.
These natural therapies rejuvenate the skin but also provide cures to the germ of these issues:
- Baking Soda Treatment: Applying a paste of baking soda with water can work wonders for acne ridden skin. The paste must be allowed to sit on your skin for about half an hour and then rinsed off with lukewarm water. Regular usage can bring about a significant improvement in the skin texture.
- Oatmeal Therapy: Oatmeal is known for its beneficial effects on our metabolism. It purifies your skin and helps you get rid of the acne scars. Again applying a thick paste made of water and oatmeal is a trusted remedy.
- Tomato pulp for skin correction: Tomato pulps are replete with constituents that are extremely effective in smoothening out skin. It endows the skin with a renewed glow and clears the clogged up pores, thus preventing eruptions. It acts as a helpful skin toner as well. For yielding the best results, tomato pulp should be mixed with cucumber juice and applied all over the skin. It should be washed off with water after leaving it on for a span of 15 minutes.
- Sandalwood to beat the scars: Since time immemorial, sandalwood has been known to be full of skin enriching properties. It is one of the most reliable products when it comes to clearing out the unwanted blotches on your skin. Making a paste of sandalwood with rose water or rose milk can go a long way in reducing the scars and rashes on the skin.
- Honey and aloe vera combo: Honey and Aloe Vera are two such ingredients that can improve your skin conditions significantly. Endowed with cleansing properties, they help to re-nourish the skin and redefine its beauty. Blending honey with aloe vera into a fine mixture may prove to be a helpful toner.
- Oil Application: Regular or frequent application ofmedicated oil to the body and head will enhance the immunity and integrity of the skin and helps improve the skin texture as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
I have black spots and pimples or before my face forehead is clear but this time my forehead is converted into dark black patches. Pls suggest any medicine.
I am 24 years old male. From last 3 months I am having rashes at pubic region. I have tried nearly all the over the counter creams and fluconazole 150 tablets but this hadn't done any good. From looking at it, it looks like jock itch fungal infection. It has spread on thighs as well as buttocks. Please suggest what is the best treatment. I have used panderm and candida but they haven't given any relief.
My Mom who is 52 years old has started developing some hazy grey rough patches on her right palm. These patches often itches and by nature they are dry. These patches gradually develop with time. Few similar patches has also started nucleating. These patches do not secrete any fluid as such. They can be felt differently when touched. Please Help.
There was a small patch in my left leg 2years back which is cured now; but for last six month there is again a small patch in my left hand itching too much which is irritating and spreading. How to be cured please help.
I am fair in colour. I am having black skin pigmentation marks on the left and right side of my face. My age is 55 years, fair skin. The marks are about 2 inches sun pigmentation black. Which medicine should I take or what should I do?
Acne is a condition that affects many people including teenagers and women during their menstruation period. It is characterized by red eruptions that are usually filled with oil, secreted by overactive oil glands in the hair follicles. So what else should you know about acne?
Here are six things you probably did not know about this condition:
- Clogged Pores: Acne signifies clogged or blocked pores that are filled with oil and dead skin cells that have not been cleaned out completely. This mixture of oil and dead skin cells blocks the pores, and ends up creating an eruption of red sores called acne and pimples. There is a chance that bacteria may have joined these two substances as well.
- Over Treating the Skin: The worst thing that you can do is to touch, pick or even apply too many harsh chemicals to your skin during an acne breakout. These things can actually make the problem worse, and even create scars in the long run. The constant use of cleansers and moisturizers can also have a harsh effect on the skin, due to perfume and chemicals present in such products.
- Exfoliation: Using a salicylic acid wash or cleanser first thing in the morning will help in exfoliation, which is a good way to clear those dead skin cells from your skin. This will speed up the process of acne treatment as well, by clearing the pores. Also at night, the use of a medicated cream that contains benzoyl peroxide will help in killing the bacteria, so that there is no infection.
- Two Weeks Notice: Trying new products to treat acne is a great idea. But give every new product at least two weeks before you write it off. Usually, any good product will take at least that much time to affect the acne, and clear the pores in an effective way. So before you start changing cleansers and creams every other day, remember to use the two week thumb rule.
- Menstrual Cycle: Acne, more often than not, happens about five days before and a few days after the monthly menstrual cycle. So watch out for hormonal imbalances, which can cause acne and pimples. Avoid stress around this time too.
- Dermatologist: Visit a dermatologist if regular cleaning and over the counter creams are not working. Persistent acne may turn into infection. Remember to ask your dermatologist for an oil reducing formula too.
Acne is a skin problem that should be treated the right way.