Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. KartinYour feedback matters!
I am 60year old male, 5' 6" ht and weight about 72 kg. I have prostate enlargement problem since last 6years. There is constant pains in waste and lower side stomach. Night I have to go urinal 3 to 4 times. I was taking geriflow D tablets. Please advise.
When skin is infected by a fungus, the resultant infection is called tinea corporis (ringworm). It is most common in athletes and children. The infection may appear on the scalp, beards, groin, in between the toes and other places.
Tinea corporis can be caused by:
- Skin contact
- It is contagious, so if you use towels, bed linens and clothes of an infected person, you will get infected too.
- Touching a pet infected by tinea corporis.
Signs and Symptoms:
- The rash starts as a scant area of red, bumpy pimples and spots. Then the rash forms a ring, with raised, red borders and a clear middle. The border might look scaly.
- The rash may show up on face, legs, arms or other body areas which are exposed.
- The area feels itchy. It might also be flaky and dry. You might even experience hair loss in the infected area.
The skin in the area will be gently scraped off and the sample will be collected. Then, the sample will be viewed under a microscope. That will help discerning, which type of fungus is causing the infection.
The following treatment regime must be followed:
- The skin must be kept dry and clean.
- Fungal creams are best. Creams that contain miconazole, ketoconazole, clotrimazole or oxiconazole are excellent for fungal infections.
- Only apply the cream on clean skin. You can use it twice in a day. Bandaging the infected area is not recommended.
- To prevent the infection from spreading, wash your towels in warm water and use clean towels every time you bathe. Also, clean the bathroom and wear freshly washed clothes.
- If pets are infected, treat them as well.
The infection usually goes away under 4 weeks. The infection may branch out to the nails, groin, scalp and feet. Self-care is effective, but if symptoms persist, then do consult a specialist. Ringworms have certain complications, such as scratching the skin too much causes skin infections and other skin disorders, which may need further treatment.
Wrinkles and folds are very common problems seen in early 30s itself. Its due to sun, stress, gravity, undue muscle action. Forehead lines, frown lines, lines at corners of eyes.
The question is - Is there a solution?
The answer - Yes.
Answer is Botox. A wrinkle softener and a fold relaxer.
I am suffering from stool with mucous and no blood. 2 to 3 times at mng. Taking offox +ornidazole, probiotics course Complete 7 days. Still not cured. What problem?
I've been having rashes near the joint of my thigh since a week, too embarrassed to tell it to anyone, can you help me find a way to minimalize this problem?
My wife's lower lip is a bit unshaped.I wanted to get it shaped.What is the treatment for lip shaping, how much time it takes & what is the cost of treatment? Is there any side effect?
I want to know what are the symptoms of skin cancer. I have a chronic problem of skin rash in different parts of the body at different times. Can this develop into a cancerous growth? I am 74 years old now. Also, where can I get myself checked for skin cancer?
Doctor what can I do for glowing my skin. Becoz mere age 20 k ha. Ar utna glow nhi h jitna ek young teenager m hna chhai. Please suggest me doctor what I will do for that.
Dear sir/madam I am having liver /age spots on my face. I have tried everything to remove them but nothing positive so far. Kindly give me a positive remedy to remove these permanently. Thanks
Periods, on their own, can be very uncomfortable but sometimes it can also trigger a rash making it all the more uncomfortable. This is a common problem faced by women who use commercial pads or sanitary napkins during this period. This is because they contain plastics, scents and chemicals that can irritate the sensitive skin in your genital area. Here are a few tips to help you deal with these rashes:
Change Your Pads Regularly: Whether your flow is light or heavy, the same pad should not be worn for more than 4 to 6 hours. Change your pads even if your pad does not look full once this time has passed. Along with menstrual blood, sanitary napkins also soak up sweat and bacteria. The groyne area is naturally moist and warmer than the rest of your body making it the ideal condition for bacteria to grow. Changing your pad regularly keeps these bacteria from multiplying.
Consider Alternatives: One of the main reasons pads cause rashes is because they rub against the skin and this friction irritates the skin. Hence, consider alternatives like tampons and menstrual cups that do not rub against the skin. You could also try cloth pads made using natural unbleached cotton.
Wear Right Underwear: Avoid synthetic underwear and use the only cotton while you are on your periods. This allows the skin to breathe and keeps moisture from building up inside the underwear. Also, ensure that your underwear fits well and can hold your pad in place.
Clean Well: Do not use wipes or tissue to clean your genital area but instead wash gently with water a few times a day. Once washed, dry the skin thoroughly before putting your underwear on. Do not use any type of soap, body wash or scents in the area. Also, avoid bubble baths and saunas.
- See a Doctor: In some cases, a rash can also be a symptom of herpes or a vaginal yeast infection. If you alternate between pads and tampons, a rash could also be a sign of toxic shock syndrome. Hence, if the rash persists for a few days, consult a doctor. Your doctor can prescribe a topical cream to be used to relieve the itchiness and inflammation depending on the rash. You could also use an anti-chafing cream on your bikini line. Diaper rash cream is an over the counter cream that usually works well in such cases.