Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kapil Lad
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Kapil LadYour feedback matters!
When you have back pain that is there for more than 6 months its termed as chronic pain. Most chronic pain is recurrent.
It is very important to know the root cause of pain and the factors aggravating the same.
Ask yourself these simple questions?
Is my posture correct during most part of the day especially in sitting, lifting and sleeping?
Am I doing enough stretches to keep my back muscles and leg muscles relaxed?
Do I do regular core strengthening exercises such as yoga, pilates, aerobics, recreational sports to keep my back in good shape?
Try and focus on improving posture, do daily walking and stretching exercises and core strengthening as tolerated at least 3 times a week to prevent irreversible damage to joints, discs, nerves and muscles in your low back. A physiotherapist can help customize an exercise program suited for your condition.
Consult your healthcare provider to see if exercises are safe for you. Good luck. Say no to back pain!
I am 44 years old female, I have swoollen on almost all joint since last 10 years and my ankle has gone bent, please help
I am 47 years of age hysterectomy done in 2005 . I have osteoporosis grade 1 so what tablets do u suggest for me
Arthritis is defined as a disease that causes painful inflammation and stiffness in joints. There are some food items, which you should avoid if you are suffering from arthritis since they can worsen your condition and lead to inflammation and joint pain. Stick to a smart, nutritious diet that doesn't make you gain weight.
The following food items should be struck off your daily meals:
- Red Meat: Red meat has high levels of saturated fat. Patients of arthritis must avoid consuming foods containing saturated fat because they contribute to obesity. They also contain Omega-6 fatty acids, which lead to inflammation if the intake is high. Red meat contributes to higher overall fat and calorie intake.
- Sugar and Refined Flour: Sugar and refined flour may cause an upsurge in blood sugar levels. When there is a spike in your blood sugar levels, the body produces a pro-inflammatory chemical called cytokines to break down the carbohydrates. This results in inflammation, worsening your arthritis symptoms. They also increase your weight, putting more and more pressure on the joints.
- Fried Foods: Eliminating fried foods from your diet helps in reducing the levels of inflammation. Fried foods increase oxidation in the body's cells due to toxins called advanced glycation endproducts or age. They are high in fat and lead to obesity. Moreover, most restaurants use hydrogenated oils which are rich in trans fats. Trans fats are even more harmful than saturated fats when it comes to inflammation, chronic heart diseases and other health problems.
- Alcohol and tobacco: High intake of alcohol causes a surge in the body levels of CRP or C - reactive protein which is a powerful agent of inflammation. The risk of developing rheumatoid arthritis is higher among smokers.
- Processed Foods: Foods that are ready to eat and require minimal cooking contain several ingredients that cause inflammation. They are loaded with saturated fats, refined flour and sugar and are extremely unhealthy and worsen arthritic pain.
- Corn Oil: Many foods, especially baked foods, are cooked in corn oil or other oils which are rich in omega 6 fatty acids and trigger inflammation. Corn oil can be replaced with olive oil that is rich in omega 3 fatty acids which is anti-inflammatory. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.