Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
I am having small granules scattered in my vagina. they appear like pimples inside and on the outer walls. I dont want to undergo any surgery since it has just appear kindly suggest some medicine to get rid at initial stage. Thank you.
Hi, I want to know more about 'Salt therapy which is a new boom in india to cure ENT issues, skin deceases & autoimmune disorders. Can I know how it is performed on a patient?
Hi my wife age is 25 and she is in 12 weeks pregnant, she has 10.8 only hemoglobin, is this any major issue, if its issue how she can get back to normal level, please advise what type food need to take for this issue.
Obesity increases the chance of life threatening disorders or diseases exponentially. Diseases such as diabetes, cardiovascular problems and orthopedic problems are common among obese people. Consuming proper food is very important in this regard as they help in maintaining an optimal weight level and support fat loss.
8 foods that can help in getting a flat stomach are:
- Almonds: Almonds are highly beneficial for your health as they are a good source of Vitamin E, folate, fiber, protein and healthy fats. They help in controlling food cravings and building muscles in the body. They also reduce chances of being affected by various cardiovascular diseases and even cancer.
- Eggs: Eggs are considered to be a super food as they are packed with nutrients. Egg protein has a high biological value, which indicates how well the protein is absorbed into your body. Eggs also keep your stomach full so that you can control hunger cravings.
- Salmon: Salmon contains essential proteins along with Omega-3 fatty acids that help in maintaining protein levels in muscles. It also reduces your risk of getting affected by diabetes and heart diseases.
- Yoghurt: Yoghurt is a pro-biotic that is beneficial for the digestive system. It contains a good balance of carbohydrates and protein that is beneficial for fat loss.
- Vegetables: Vegetables are good for the body as they assist in elimination of free radicals. They contain fiber, which helps in keeping you full and control hunger cravings. Folate, which is abundantly found in vegetables, minimizes the risk of stroke and colon cancer drastically.
- Lean meat: Lean meats like chicken and turkey assist in controlling obesity and heart diseases. They are a high source of protein, which help in building muscle and boosting the immune system.
- Peanut butter: Consuming peanut butter in small measures helps in building muscle, boosting testosterone levels in the body and burning fat. It is packed with healthy fats that assist in enhancing testosterone levels, which aid in burning fat. It also helps control hunger cravings.
- Whole grains: Whole grains contain complex carbohydrates, which do not allow the sugar level to fluctuate and provide a steady stream of energy to the body.
Hi Sir/ Madam, i am planning for a baby, since my periods are very regular should i go for tubal test as me and my partner are in relationship but i am not getting conceived almost for an year.
Ivf vs. Surrogacy: which is the better option?
Both IVF (in vitro fertilisation) and surrogacy are alternative methods of having a baby and can be resorted to when a couple cannot conceive the natural way. The reason behind the inability to conceive can be due various reasons ranging from infertility and low sperm count (in men) to damaged fallopian tubes and early menopause (in women).
You can opt for either surrogacy or IVF if you've been trying to conceive for more than a year without any results. But which of the two should you opt for? well, there are three things you must keep in mind before making a choice.
How does it work?
Surrogacy is opted for when the woman is unable to conceive by natural means, and when there's no possibility of her getting pregnant whatsoever. Surrogacy can be of two types- full surrogacy and partial surrogacy. Full surrogacy involves the implantation of sperms and eggs of the couple into the uterus of the surrogate mother; while partial surrogacy involves the fertilisation of the surrogate mother's egg by the sperm of the intended father. By opting for surrogacy the woman partner is unable to carry the child, a desire that is present in most women.
On the other hand, ivf works towards the treatment of infertility in one or both the partners, enabling the woman partner to conceive the child. Ivf involves the fertilisation of a woman's eggs by the sperm of the intended father in a laboratory dish. The developed embryo (or fertilised egg) is then implanted in the woman's uterus. This is a viable option for couples who want to have a baby on their own.
Chances of a successful pregnancy are usually higher with surrogacy when compared to IVF.
The risks involved
Risks of surrogacy include multiple births, ectopic pregnancy (implantation of the fertilised egg in the fallopian tube instead of the uterus, leading to miscarriage) and birth defects in the child, to name a few. Apart from that, the genes of the surrogate mother can affect the development of the unborn baby; hence, a surrogate mother has to be chosen with utmost care.
As for risks associated with IVF, ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (swollen and painful ovaries), multiple births, ectopic pregnancy and stress can take place if ivf is opted for.
The legal process
Surrogacy requires the fulfilment of complex legal processes such as determining eligibility, matching profiles of surrogates with intended parents, finding of a potential surrogate and more, which require proper legal counselling. Besides the cost of surrogacy in India is roughly inr 8, 25, 000.
Ivf does not involve any such processes and is easier to carry out. The cost of IVF in India can range between inr 2, 50, 000 to inr 4, 50, 000, making it a much more viable option.
Based on these factors, you can make the choice of a procedure that is best suited for you.
Related Tip: BUSTED: 4 Myths on IVF Infertility Treatment