Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. KankalYour feedback matters!
I had cesarean when my baby boy was nine months of pregnancy. Now he is five month baby. Now I am having severe backache. What can I do?
Coughing is a common problem of the respiratory tract and often indicates a deeper problem. It can be very irritating and can affect eating habits and socialization. A cough which persists for more than 4 weeks is believed to be chronic in nature. Tuberculosis (TB) is the most common cause of chronic cough in India. TB is an airborne bacterial infection caused by the organism, 'Mycobacterium tuberculosis', that primarily affects the lungs, although other organs and tissues may be involved. Cardinal features are:
- Chronic cough with or without sputum.
- Fever more in the night time.
- Poor appetite.
- Unintentional weight loss.
Read on to know about other common causes of chronic cough and how to manage them.
- Allergies: People with allergies usually have a chronic cough, which gets aggravated when exposed to the allergens such as pollen or environmental dust. Staying away from allergen provides relief. Antihistamines are also useful, which most people detected with allergies keep in handy. Inhalers might be required, if there is associated congestion or shortness of breath.
- Asthma: This is a very common chronic condition, caused by inflammation and swelling of the lungs, in addition to wheezing and shortness of breath. Asthma patients often suffer from a chronic cough. An asthma attack usually happens during the night or early morning, and is triggered by colds, cigarette smoke, air pollutants or allergens, which can even include certain foods. Most asthmatics usually carry their steroids, inhalers, and bronchodilators, as the onset of attack can be unpredictable.
- Bronchitis: This condition of inflammation of the bronchial region is very common among smokers and among the elderly. There is excessive mucus accumulation, which the body tries to clear via coughing. The lungs are weakened and therefore, the coughing is painful.
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD): This is a problem of the digestive system, but regurgitation of food into the airway induces cough. GERD is a chronic issue and so most people also end up with a chronic cough. It is worse with sitting up than with sitting down. Treatment includes H2 blockers to suppress acid production and dietary changes including small, frequent meals and avoiding spicy food items.
- Upper airway cough syndrome: There could be multiple problems in the upper airway, which leads to a constant postnasal drip. Here, there is constant dripping of the sputum into the air passage, which can lead to a chronic cough whenever there is impaired air flow. This can be caused by various forms of chronic sinusitis and rhinitis. People diagnosed with this condition usually resort to antihistamines and decongestants for relief.
- Other causes: There are a number of other causes as noted below. Smoking, tuberculosis, congestive heart failure, pertussis or whooping cough, foreign body in the airway, cancer in the airway passage, chronic aspiration of foods, etc. can all lead to chronic cough.
The key is to identify the reason that is causing the chronic cough. Most people who are diagnosed are educated to handle it and carry the required medications including steroids, bronchodilators, and inhalers. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My son is 14 months old n he has a problem that as soon as he eats any sort of food he vomits ; he can" t take in food. So Dr. Suggested me to give him junior lanzol 15 and also a thick feed. But prob is he's not taking in any sort of feed. What should I do?
Sir my baby is 2 year old and she will not take food as to be taken like she take 2 -3 bit in the whole day and take milk in the night of 200 ml her weight is 9.48 kg right now and she is very slim. Please suggest your advise.
Hlo there I have a two month baby. He got an injection on the left arm at the time of birth. Now at the place of injection is somewhat hard and some old blood has come out. Please tell some cure to it.
Hello sir my son age 13 years. When he take bath in early mornings with cold water he gets some dots in full body and sometime he become unconscious.PLease do help
My baby running 10th month still not coning tooth please clear my doubt any problem in my baby. Please advise.
Dear my doctor, My new born child (male) born on 28th july 2015, what is the milk feed rate for 1 month from this date daily wise. Thanking you sir.
He is of 10 months only born in 7th month by operation. He is suffering from both sides inguinal hernia which was diagnosed after two months of birth. Left side more and right side less and visible rarely. But left side often the hernia comes down. What is the treatment for it. Is surgery advisable for a infant.
I am 26 years old, and I had a 3rd month baby bt breast milk is not sufficient. So I am using 120 ml of lactogen daily. Due to bottle feeding my baby is suffering from cough, doctor asked me to stop bottle feeding, he suggested me to use spoon instead of bottles. My baby is unable to drink with spoon. I used lactare tablets for 1 month bt no use. please can you suggest me how to improve my breast milk.
A SPECIAL CASE of a 2 years old child needs attention: My nephew is 2 years old and he still doesn't walk. He doesn't speak though instead mama, papa, dada etc. Although he is very active child but where and what is the problem we are not getting it. He doesn't eat much too. According to us, if he don't eat heaving food then how he will build up his muscles and from where he will get energy? If we don't feed him that child can stay full day without any food. He did not get feeded by my sister and he stopped having milk when he was just about 3-4 months. He cries at lot when we take him to bath, he cries a lot when we comb him, he cries a lot when we change his clothes. He is of 2 years but looks like 4-5 months old child. We all family members and relatives are so worried about him. Is there any doctor who understands the problem and help us?
Can baby shampoo is good for adults. I am using jonshon and jhonshon baby shampoo and my hair fall is increasing. Hair become dry and damaged.
My son is 15 months old He is suffering in Krabbe disease, is this disease is curable what we do Pls. Suggest me.
Women's day special
A must follow rule for moms of young toddler - please don't eat leftovers
One rule that all you moms absolutely must follow is to never finish up the food your child has left. Eating the food left over on your child’s plate is a very common phenomenon and this leads to the mom eating double and gaining unnecessary weight.
That food is designed for your kid and is rich in calories, fats which are required for their growth.
Eating even smaller amounts of foods over a period of time can result in substancial weight gain, let it go in the dustbin and please do not treat your stomach like one.