Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kanishka D KapasiYour feedback matters!
My periods are not stopping its already the 7th day and I am still bleeding like the 2nd day. I had Sex during the periods, unprotected, so I take a pill of unwanted 72 to avoiding pregnancy. Please suggest me a medicine.
Hi Doctor I am 28 years old female. Meri marriage KO 1year ho gya h. Lekin main conceive nahi ho pa rahi hu. Treatment chal raha h Dr. Ne egg. Ka size pahle kam bataya tha but ab normal (Rt. Ovary 15?15.4, Lt. Ovary 22?22.9 Endometrail Thickness 9.0) bataya h. And Dr. Ne bataya h ki follicle rupture nahi hota h till last day Dr. Ne glycomet 500 one month and fertomid 100 five days ke liye di h. Kya ye medicine rupture ke liye Best h please advise Kya main ab conceive ho paugi Thanks.
“If looks could kill…” goes the saying. Looks are considered, an important part of a person’s personality. A person initially attracts others towards himself/herself by his/her looks.
So maintaining ourselves, our looks are very important. One may be of the indisputable opinion that the inner beauty is more important but looks also complement that beauty to an extent.
It always seems that the men are the ones who care about the way a woman looks, but the reality seems to be otherwise.
Women tend to be more obsessed with the way they appear, as compared to men.
Say, an ugly guy who admires the beauty of a woman that he finds attractive, will never lie to himself thinking that he’s “eligible” enough to win her, while an unattractive woman will admire a good looking guy’s facial structure, physique etc. and will do whatsoever irrationally to get him.
Even an incredibly good looking, guy might never want to be with an ugly girl, but would still find the girl-next-door types beautiful without actually knowing them personally.
Again, we come back to the point that the inner beauty is more important than the outer. Of course, inner beauty is undeniable.
People’s true beauty lies in their character, their values and overall in their individuality.
It is not necessary that a person’s looks and character match, since they can be deceptive.
For example, a person who looks suspicious or like a threat may actually turn out to be quite contrasting in nature. However, sometimes the outer appearance can reflect inner beauty, too.
For instance, a person may lie or pretend through his speech and behavior but not through his eyes. That is why it is said that, one should make an eye contact with the other person while talking.
We also, tend to trust people blindly who look innocent and trustworthy and when the tables are turned we realize our folly.
It is not that all people who seem to be innocent are not to be trusted, or even the case of trusting anyone; but we need to observe and analyze the person and also our instincts before placing our trust on someone, however convincing, innocent, and trustworthy they appear.
Therefore, it would be wrong to judge a person only on his/her outer appearance.
What matters more in the end are the person’s beliefs, character and his overall individuality!
What contraceptive methods should be used by me to avoid sexually transmitted disease such as syphilis or gonorrhea.
I am 28 years old married women. I have married 4 years back but stil dont have baby. My hsg test is also done and all tubes are open. My period always come 15 to 20. what to do now?
My ultrasound report: Uterus:- normal size retroverted uterus seen with 10 mm size intramural myoma in ant wall Lt ovary has a post ovulated irregular cyst rt ovary is normal cervix. And endometrium are normal Minimal fluid in pod seen. Sir/madam please can you tell us what is in report.
I am getting pregnant 1st tym I am nervous and I want to know that is my sad mood affect my baby growth I am 1.5 mnth pregnant tel me my current situation.
My age was 42 and wife was in 41, Is there Chance for us to get a child?? Her mensus was Regular. please Advice us.
Respected Doctor, My mother age is 57.5 years before she got menopause stage. But now she get menses with hard bleeding and pain too. Is anything serious? please give solution for my mother.
I was supposed to start having my periods from 27th. I am usually 3-4 days late. I started bleeding on the 30th which is normal. But it was only a little bit and I did not seem to bleed any more for the rest of the night until the next morning when again it was only a little bit. Brown discharge. Is it normal? This has never happened before. Also, I have been perennially anaemic although I don't know of my latest haemoglobin count. I also indulge in intercourse with my partner, may be like once a month. But it is protected. But I am experiencing normal period system of occasional cramps and painful leg muscles. I was also diagnosed with depression a few months back and have bouts of crying, almost regularly. So I am kind of stressed all the time but for no reason.
I am having pain when I touch my nipple. And even if I press my breast also it pains .i am very much worried about breast cancer .is it a sign.
Female infertility affects nearly 40 million women world over, as per medical studies. If the female patient is not able to conceive after trying for a period of over six months without the use of any protection or contraception, there are chances that she may be suffering from infertility. This condition must be checked and treated at the earliest. Read on to know more about the various causes behind female infertility.
- Fallopian Tubes: When the fallopian tubes undergo any kind of damage, it may lead to infertility for the woman in question. These tubes are used by the eggs as they travel from the ovaries to the uterus. The eggs meet the sperm in order for the baby to be conceived and to develop. Pelvic infections and pelvic surgery can cause scarring and bleeding which can stop the sperm and the egg from meeting. This scarring may also come about as a result of endometriosis.
- Hormonal Issues: There are a variety of hormones at play within one's body at any given point of time, and a balance of these hormones is absolutely essential for the various functions of the body to be carried out in a normal manner. When the body does not go through proper hormonal changes that are required for the release of the egg, this can prevent the pregnancy from happening. This can also lead to a thickening of the uterine lining which can stop the egg from travelling from the ovaries.
- Cervical Problems: The cervix is one of the most important parts of the female reproductive system. It is a passage that can be found at the lower end of the womb. When there is a condition that may affect the cervix of the female patient, it can also prevent the sperm from travelling through the cervical canal in order to reach the egg. This comes about as a symptom of a cervical problem.
- Uterine Problem: One may develop polyps or fibroids within the uterus, thus giving rise to difficulties when it comes to getting pregnant. These growths can usually be found when there are too many cells thriving in the endometrium, which is basically the lining of the uterus.
- Unexplained Reasons: There are a number of 'unexplained' reasons that can prevent pregnancy. These reasons plague almost 20% of the couples who are suffering from infertility or the inability to conceive a baby.
Tests: While the diagnosis of the condition can be done with the help of an HSG test using an ultrasound, the doctor can also use this method to check for fallopian tube blockages. A laparoscopy may also be used for diagnosis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Are you experiencing a low libido or reduced sex drive lately? This is referred to as frigidity. The lack of sexual desire can arise from various psychological issues which need to be addressed. In some cases, a woman may experience low libido, refuses to have sex, and avoids sexual intimacy. In other cases, she may face difficulties in getting aroused or may experience pain or discomfort during sex. Frigidity can occur from both emotional, and physical issues, which cause great strain and distress to a woman’s relationships.
If the lack of sexual desire, or frigidity becomes a major problem in your relationship, you can opt for various treatment options, depending on the underlying cause of frigidity, and the symptoms experienced.
Communication problems between a woman and her partner is a common reason which leads to frigidity in women. In a case of emotional problems, you should open up, or consult a psychologist for counselling.
Physical problems also cause frigidity and low libido in women. For this, you need to talk to a gynaecologist, or a general practitioner.
Sexuality involves several complex emotions and behaviour patterns, starting from romance, the feeling of intimacy, security to the feelings of desire and sensuality. There is no switch for intimacy which can be turned on when a partner wants to have sex. The situation or scenario has to feel right and comfortable before mutual enjoyment can be achieved.
Cures for Frigidity
Here are some effective ways of curing frigidity:
Counselling of both the partners is required when frigidity is caused because of relationship problems.
Psychotherapy is important for getting rid of your insecurities and hidden fears.
Certain dietary modifications are essential. You should add oysters, avocados, olive oil, eggs, soy, pumpkin seeds, nuts, sprouts, soy, vitamin E, zinc, and chocolates to your diet.
You can utilise herbs such as Damiana, chive, Kava Kava, wild yam, sarsaparilla, dong quai, ginger root, and Siberian ginseng for curing frigidity naturally. You can also use curative products made with the mentioned herbs, such as certain capsules, and gels.
Regular exercise and yoga are important for boosting your sexual health.
You may spend time with your husband watching erotic movies or reading erotic books together.
You should sleep for long hours for uplifting your sexual desire.
You can also take medicines which are DHEA and testosterone based for curing frigidity.
If you experience the symptoms of female frigidity and do not get aroused sexually, you must not ignore the matter and take professional help for curing it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Health Benefits of Eating Grains
Whole grains are an important part of healthy nutrition. There are numerous products available today which are either 100% whole grains or contain traces of various grains. However, not too many of us are aware of the health benefits that this particular food group has to offer. We all know that we should be consuming more of it, but do we know why?
Whole grains are beneficial because they are rich in protein, fiber, antioxidants, b-vitamins, and trace minerals (such as: iron, zinc, copper, magnesium). By consuming more of this product we can reduce the risk of heart disease, type 2 diabetes, obesity, and certain cancers. Consuming whole grains can also help you lose weight. Not only will your bowel movements improve but you will also promote the growth of healthy bacteria in the colon. Furthermore, replacing products such as white bread with whole grain products will help you feel lighter and more energized.
With all of these health benefits it is surprising that more people are not consuming the recommended daily dosage of this food group. It is recommended that the average adult eat at least three servings daily. Doing so will not only improve your health, but it will also improve your energy levels and your weight. Eating a healthy diet, exercising, and even taking all natural diet pills can help you attain quick weight loss. Eating whole grains can be a major part of achieving your ideal weight while at the same time improving your health. Since it is strongly recommended to consume more protein and fiber in order to attain weight loss (and whole grains are rich in fiber and protein), eating more whole grains makes complete sense.
I am 23 years old girl and my left vocal cord is not moving from last 2 months, so I can not talk clearly. I am using steroids tablets even though there is no improvement.
Hi my wife blessed by a beautiful daughter on 14 July 2016 and it now 7 months but yesterday we have sex without any protection now tell me what I will do can she have use I pill tablet or anything else.
My would-be is a 24yrs old,Sometimes she felt pain on her clitoris, sometimes felt pain on her pelvic areas. (She is physically good have good healthy menstrual periods.) Why it is happening with her. Pls give me a reply.
Infertility has emerged as a common problem as a result of the modern day lifestyle. Extremely hectic schedules, stress, burnout, depression and unhealthy diets can contribute to fertility issues. As per a study published by Pharmion, around 30 million Indian couples were estimated to suffering from lifetime infertility, in 2015. Also, the Total Fertility Rate (TFR) fell to 2.3% in 2013 against 3.9% in 1990.
Couples often seek help with methods such as artificial insemination and in vitro fertilization (IVF), but the problem can be solved in natural ways too. Sometimes, the root cause of infertility is simply irregular functioning or blockages in the body systems. The basic principle of Ayurveda is to get the body functioning to its optimum capacity and this is often all that is needed to treat diseases.
Here are a few ways in which Ayurvedic medicine can help treat infertility:
- Phal Ghrit: The medicine is made by combining a number of herbs and it is taken with warm milk. It has been developed especially to treat infertility by controlling the level of hormones secreted in the body. It cannot remedy structural problems, but it can effectively treat functional disorders in the reproductive system.
- Shatavari (Asparagus): This plant is used to treat female infertility by regulating the cycles of menstruation and ovulation.
- Triphala Churna: A combination of three different fruits - baheda, amla and haritaki, this medicine helps to cleanse the body of toxins, strengthens the immune system and clears blockages in the fallopian tubes.
- Ashwagandha Churna (Indian ginseng): The medicine is used to treat male infertility by naturally increasing the production of sperm in the system.
There are also a few Ayurvedic therapies which can help to cure infertility:
- Vamanam: In this treatment procedure, medicated oil is swallowed to induce vomiting, which expels all the contaminating elements in the body. This process can be done regularly depending upon the overall health of the patient and also helps to combat digestive and psychological conditions.
- Swedanam: This therapy is usually done before other Ayurvedic therapies to prepare the body systems. For patients of infertility, the patient is made to sweat excessively. This also flushes most nitrous compounds out of the body.
- Dhatu Nirman Karma: The cells of the body are made to metabolize, absorb and assimilate nutrients leading to the formation of healthy cells and destruction of the unhealthy ones. This is turn rejuvenates the organs. Usually, this is helpful for female infertility.
- Virechana: This procedure involves several days of internal oleation by taking either pure ghee or a specially prepared medicated ghee followed by a gentle herbal purgative. Purgation acts on aggravated and accumulated pitta and kapha doshas. It decreases the heat (ushna guna) of pitta and increases coolness (sheeta guna) required for formation of shukra dhatu (ovum and sperm). Impaired agni due to disturbed pitta is also rectified by the virechana procedure. A strong and balanced dhatvagni (tissue agni) is required for dhatnirmiti of shukradhatu (creation of reproductive tissue). Obstructing kapha dosha is removed through virechana and the blocked apana vata obstructed by kapha dosha is also relieved by virechana. Common virechana dravyas: mahatiktaghrit, trivrit (leha or churna). If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.