Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kanishka D KapasiYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor. I am suffering from pcos and my skin has become very dark. Especially the chin and upper lips portion. Earlier I used betasalic which worked overnight but now the contents have changed. Please suggest me similar ointment which will hide dark spots and blemishes overnight.
My wife is having many different pregnancy symptoms but yet getting a negative test result. Her period is set to come on tomorrow or Monday possible but with the different symptoms could she be pregnant and why negative test results if so?
I have one baby 4year old. After that rt nw m pregnant since 2 and half month. And we dnt want baby rt nw. And we dnt want to do abortion. Can yu suggest me any tablet for remove pregnancy. Stop the development of child inside. We r in worry. Give me any solution for it. Plz.
Thank you so much all of you ek doubt or clear kr dijiye mujhe irregular periods hote hain to tb safe time kya hoga sex ka jisse pregnant na ho please tell me and help me last month 15th August ko periods hue the sex 6th September ko kiya periods ki sahi date ka pata nahi hota hai please tell me.
Kegel exercises are quite often recommended for women. However, are women the only ones who can benefit from these? Well, actually not. Even men can benefit from these exercises if they practice it regularly. Keep in mind that these exercises are supposed to improve bladder and bowel functioning and improve sexual functioning. So, why can’t men benefit from these?
BENEFITS OF KEGEL EXERCISES FOR MEN
Men are often concerned about their inability to achieve a strong erection and maintain it for a longer time. Another concern among men is premature ejaculation, that is, ejaculating before you or your partner wants. Both erections and ejaculation can have an impact on yours as well as your partner’s sexual pleasure.
This is why men would try anything to achieve a stronger erection and control their ejaculation. The key to both these issues are stronger and firmer pubococcygenus muscles. These are your pelvic floor muscles and if you have control over these, you will be able to control your erections and ejaculation.
These muscles control the flow of semen and urine and are responsible for the firmness of your erections and the power of your ejaculation. These are the muscles that are targeted by Kegel exercises. Regular practice of these exercises will not only help you control your orgasms and last for longer by delaying your ejaculation, but will also improve the sexual pleasure of your partner.
IDENTIFYING THE PELVIC FLOOR MUSCLES
You are probably wondering where your pelvic floor muscles are located. The easiest way to find these muscles is by stopping the flow of your urine the next time you go to urinate. These are the muscles that you will be squeezing when you stop the flow of urine in the middle.
Another way to identify the muscle is to squeeze the muscles that help prevent you from passing gas. Just stand in front of the mirror and squeeze these muscles. If you are squeezing the right muscles, you will see that the base of your penis moves closer to the abdomen and your testicles will rise along with it.
You could also place a finger inside your anus. When you contract the pelvic floor muscles, the anus will tighten.
Keep in mind that it is very important to identify the right muscles here. These are the only muscles that should be moving while you are doing the Kegel exercises. The muscles in your abdomen, buttocks, and thighs should be relaxed during these exercises.
KEGEL TECHNIQUES FOR MEN
The key to doing Kegel exercises is to contract and release them. How you do it is totally up to you. As a beginner, the easiest position to do this is while lying down. You can contract your muscles for three seconds and then release it for another. Repeat this 10 times and then relax. Do another set of 10 repetitions and then another set. All in all try to do three sets of 10 repetitions.
You could also quickly contract and release the muscles continuously for 10 seconds. Take a 10 second break before attempting another set. Here also do three sets. Or alternatively, contract and release for 5 seconds and then take a 5 second break before attempting another set. In this case, do 10 sets.
Another technique is to contract and hold the muscles for 30 seconds and then release. Take a break of 30 seconds and do three sets.
As you become better at these Kegel exercises, you could also aim at holding the contraction for around 2 minutes and then releasing it. You just need to do one set in this case. Once you get more comfortable, you can do these exercises while sitting, working on your computer, or even while standing.
As it gets easier and easier, you could try and do the contracting and releasing technique for more than 100 times a day. Or you can hold your muscles for around 20 minutes, 3 times a day.
You can then practice this technique during sexual intercourse for delaying ejaculation and helping you last longer. It will not only intensify your orgasm but also improve the sexual pleasure of your partner.
Keep in mind that you should take it slowly in the beginning. Never overdo the exercise. Do as many sets and as many repetitions as you are comfortable but do not do too much too quickly.
It usually takes around three months to really notice an effect of these exercises on your erections, ejaculation, and orgasms. For some men, this may happen sooner and for others it may take a little while longer. However, one thing is for sure, practicing Kegel exercises will surely bring about an improvement in your sexual pleasure and make you a better lover.
In fact, if you have problems such as premature ejaculation, try these exercises before even consulting a doctor. You may be surprised to see the control that you are able to have on your ejaculation with the help of these techniques.
My wife whan givens feed to my baby boy he is just 8 months old a lot of pain is come left breast ,pl sugest
My period date is 10 to 15 but this month still I did not got periods I have check urine test today its negative my legs are paining my stomach is paining but litter what is the problem when I will received my period.
Hi, A portion of my left breast has hardened and as a result, i am experiencing pain . I delivered a baby boy about 5 months back and currently lactating. Could you please explain the cause for the hardening ?
How can we have safe sex with unmarried girl without using condom. Having sex using condom is 100% safe or not?
Which is the best recommended time for 3D or 4D Scanning on pregnancy. Current week is 21 week of pregnancy. What are the advisable tips for it?
Metabolic syndrome refers to a group of conditions that occur together and increase your chances of developing stroke, diabetes, and heart problems. This set of conditions includes high blood sugar, abnormal levels of cholesterol, abdominal fat, and high blood pressure. More importantly, having just any one of these conditions doesn't mean that you suffer from this problem.
What really brings about this condition?
Experts are still not sure as to what causes the development of this condition; the causes and risk factors can be manifold.
Some of the causes can be:
1. Insulin resistance - A hormone produced by the pancreas in your body, insulin plays the vital role of helping your body to use the glucose as fuel. The problem of insulin resistance causes your body to produce more of this hormone so as to tackle the rising glucose levels in your body. Closely connected to excess belly fat, it causes the development of diabetes.
2. Overweight or obesity - Instances of obesity can also cause you to develop metabolic syndrome. More specifically, abdominal obesity can see your prospect increasingly significantly. It can bring about problems like insulin resistance and other associated conditions.
3. Abnormal hormone levels - Even the behavior of hormones can affect your chances of developing this health condition. For example, the hormonal disorder like PCOS can cause metabolic syndrome.
4. Unhealthy lifestyle - Having too much of processed foods without an adequate amount of physical activity can increase your prospects of developing metabolic syndrome. Eating a heart-healthy diet, which is rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and fish can help to curb this problem.
How to identify this health condition?
When it comes to symptoms, this group of disorders doesn't reveal any specific signs but symptoms associated with individual health conditions that make up this group. You can come across signs like an increased waistline, or symptoms associated with diabetes like increased urination, a thirsty feeling, blurred vision, and fatigue.
Nonetheless, you're said to suffer from this problem if you exhibit these characteristics:
- Abdominal obesity marked by waist size of over 40 inches in men and 35 inches in women
- Triglyceride levels of 150 and above
- Blood pressure levels of 130/85 and above
- Fasting blood sugar measuring 110 and above
- Good cholesterol levels less than 50 in women and 40 in men
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
If you are experiencing difficulty in breathing or rapid breathing, shortness of breath and low blood pressure, you might have been affected with acute respiratory distress syndrome or ARDS. This is a fatal lung condition in which the supply of oxygen to the lungs and into the blood gets prevented. The symptoms of this syndrome develop within two days of the illness. Here are 10 important facts about ARDS you should know about:
Because of the low level of oxygen in the blood, the organs of the body may not function properly. The kidneys and brain require constant oxygen-rich blood supply and there are chances of organ failure due to ARDS.
Commonly, people who get ARDS are already in hospital for some other health problem. People who are not hospitalised may get ARDS because of conditions such as pneumonia.
In ARDS, the tiny blood vessels of the lungs leak more fluid than usual into the air sacs of the lungs. This happens because of infections, injuries or some other condition. The lungs cannot get filled up with air and sufficient oxygen is prevented from getting pumped into the bloodstream.
Several factors also lead to ARDS. These include sepsis, severe bleeding due to any injury on the head or chest, breathing in harmful smoke, or inhaling vomited content of the stomach from the mouth.
People who are prone to ARDS have some condition that may injure their lungs directly or indirectly.
The initial symptoms of ARDS include a feeling of not getting sufficient air in the lungs, low oxygen levels in the blood and rapid breathing. The diagnosis of ARDS depends on your medical history and the results from several tests and physical examinations.
The treatment of ARDS is undertaken by oxygen therapy, medicines and fluids. A patient with ARDS is likely to develop some other health condition while in the hospital, such as lung scarring, blood clots, infections and pneumothorax.
Many people recover from ARDS completely while others keep on facing certain health problems, such as shortness of breath, muscle weakness, depression and fatigue. Problems related to memory and clear thinking are also indicated.
By improving your quality of life, you can recover from ARDS. You need the support and encouragement of your family and friends. You must avoid smoking and keep away from any kind of lung irritant.
- The treatment for ARDS has showed progress in the recent years. Hence, more people are recovering from this condition. New treatment procedures are being researched on. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.
Hello mam, Please yeh bta dijiye mai pregnant to nahi hougi mujhe bs yahi tansion hain mam periods bhi irregular hote h to jayada tansion hain 6th sep ko kia sex periods abhi hue ni last month 15 aug ko hue the pls help me pls mam first time sex kia preshan ho rahi hu bhut mujhe bhut pain bhi ho raha h.
I'm having irregular periods. What kind of diet may help to have periods on correct time? And does eating papaya destroy ovary cells?
Hello Dr. my pregnancy is 17 weeks 6 days. Dr. mujay din Kay time after lunch jb Mae saas laeti hu to naafe pr kichav sa hota h. Is it normal Dr. Please suggest me.
Let’s start with an interesting fact: all types of tea, be it green or black, comes from the same plant, Camellia sinensis. The difference only lies in processing and oxidation. So how can one be better than the other you ask? Let’s find out.
1. Fluoride content
When it comes to fluoride content both green and black teas score high, while milk tea sadly loses out. Green and black teas are good for your teeth and bones, although black tea has higher fluoride... cotinue reading..
I am 9 months pregnant and for 3 to 6 days. I have swelling in my vagina but tomorrow I saw some pimple like structure on my left inner thigh. I use mustard powder to control it n use powder. Because there is sweat. But I am afraid because I have already black inner thigh n now it increases due to pregnancy n these pimples. I have inches in these pimples. What I do. There is no much time in my delivery. Please suggest me some remedy for this. Which does not affected baby. N I have many stretch marks on butt n lower vaginal area. Suggest some for this also.
'Congratulations! You're pregnant!' Almost all women long to hear these words and nothing should come in the way, even diabetes. So, if you are a Type 1 or Type 2 diabetic, here are a few things you should keep in mind to have a healthy baby.
- Your blood sugar must be monitored regularly: The most important thing you can do to have a healthy baby is to keep your blood sugar as close to normal before and during your pregnancy. Testing is recommended a minimum of four times a day. Glucose passes through the mother's blood to the fetus and hence if your blood sugar fluctuates, so will your baby's. High blood sugar levels are especially harmful during the first 8 weeks of pregnancy when the baby's brain, heart, kidneys and lungs are formed.
- Your pregnancy is considered high risk: High blood sugar levels can increase the risk of a miscarriage as well as the risks of your baby being born with birth defects. Diabetes can also increase the risk of developing preeclampsia during the second half of your pregnancy. This could result in a C section or premature birth. Thus, maintain regular checkups and keep your doctor in the loop of all your activities.
- You should watch out for signs of ketosis: When you have low blood sugar, the body produces ketones that can be passed on from you to your baby. This production of ketones is a result of the body's burning of fat instead of glucose to provide energy and can develop a condition called ketosis. Symptoms you should watch out for are stomach aches, nausea, fatigue, muscle stiffness, frequent urination and fruity breath.
- You need Vitamins and Supplements: Most women require vitamin and mineral supplements at the time of pregnancy. Of these, folic acid, iron, calcium and vitamin D are the most important. These supplements help in the healthy growth of the baby.
- You should exercise regularly: Maintaining a regular physical activity routine is very important for diabetics who are expecting a baby. This will help you regularize your blood sugar, relieve stress and strengthen your heart. Avoid activities that increase your risk of falling and aim for at least thirty minutes of daily exercise such as walking, swimming or yoga.
- Check your medication: Some medication can be detrimental during pregnancy such as cholesterol and blood pressure medication. Consult your doctor to find a suitable alternative, if needed. You may also need to change the kind of insulin you take and its frequency and amount. As you get closer to the delivery date, your insulin requirement may even double or triple.
The key to preventing complications during pregnancy is controlling your diabetes. So take your insulin regularly, maintain regular checkups and eat healthy. You need to be seen by your obstetrician more frequently. Your pregnancy will be monitored closely by more frequent ultrasounds and NST. If your sugar level remains under control and pregnancy is advancing well, a natural onset of pains is aimed for and a normal delivery is expected.