Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Kanchan GolatkarYour feedback matters!
Sir I am 37 year old male. I have regular shoulder pain problem since last one month. What should I do?
I am 32 years old woman. I have a serious pain in vein of my right leg. It causes me stress. It is in my back part of thigh.
I have pain in my right knee due to long sitting in meditation course of 10 days. The course end on 14 Feb. But my right knee pain continually till. What should I do to eradicate from this problem.
My age is 18. My right knee has swelled & it painful also. From last 8 days. That day I cycled 20 km. Dr. Gave medicine & suggested to wearing a knee cap. When taking medicine it gave relief & after 4-5 hours it backs again. Before it happened I had a badly fever. Now fever has gone but Knee gets pain. please suggest medicine.
Sir I have shoulder and neck pain. Actually I work for about 10 hours on the computer. The numbness is now also there on my right hand and there is pain on the back of my head. Could you suggest a natural treatment in reducing or getting rid of the same?
I am suffering from back pain and service last 6-7 years. I used some medicine but found temporary relief. Pls. Suggest some medicine for permanent relief.
I have a problem in my elbow. When my elbow comes in touch with any object its start paining. What should I do?
I get shoulder pain when I try to throw something, like a cricket ball. It's been there for past 2 months and it isn't subsiding much. What should I do, should I wait for some more time or get it checked?
I have slipped disk and doctors told me to get admitted and I have another option to go to the bone setter what should I do?
My wife is 45 yer's old she is suffering form back pain due to gape in spinal cork l5 & l6 since last two years, now her both leges are swelling last 10 days. Which test we will do for detection of problems.
Joint pain is considered to be one of the first few signs of aging. According to the science of Ayurveda, joint pain is triggered mainly by an accumulation of toxins in the body. These toxins can create an imbalance in the doshas which in turn can cause pain and inflammation on the joints. Along with joint pain, a person is likely to experience a loss of flexibility, weakness, tenderness and enlargement of the joints.
Unlike some popular forms of medication that focus on relieving the pain, Ayurveda addresses the root cause of the issue. Panchkarma aims at cleansing the body of toxins and clearing blockages in the body’s digestive and circulatory system. This helps the vatta dosha flow easily through the body and reduces pain associated with arthritis etc. Panchkarma can be defined as a collection of five ayurvedic techniques. These are:
- Vasti or Medicated Enema: Vasti aims at removing toxins and waste products from the body through the colon. In doing this, it cleanses the digestive channels and improves circulation of air or the vatta dosha in the body. With better circulation, joint pain is effectively reduced. An enema also nourishes the body and gives it the strength to rebuild tissues while boosting the immune system.
- Abhyanga or Full Body Massage: This technique helps I the removal of toxins from deep tissues within the body. It pacifies the vatta and nourishes the body while simultaneously reducing stress and enabling better quality sleep. A full body massage also helps calm the body both physically and mentally.
- Potli or Poultice Massage: As the name suggests, a potli involves massaging the body with medicated herbs tied together in a tiny bundle that has been warmed with medicated oils. This potli is then used to massage the entire body. This technique helps relax the muscles of the body and soothes the aggravated vatta dosha. It is very effective when it comes to providing relief from joint pains caused by arthritis, spondylitis, muscle cramps etc.
- Pizhichil or Rich Oil Massage: A rich oil massage involves subjecting the body to streams of lukewarm oil that has medicinal properties while simultaneously softly massaging the body. This type of massage helps relieve tension and stress and is a very effective remedy against joint pains. It is highly recommended in the case of rheumatic diseases.
- Svedana or Steam Bath: A steam bath helps cleanse the body both physically and mentally by aiding in the removal of toxins through sweat and calming the mind. It also helps soften the muscles and tissues and dilates the channels in the body. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.