Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kanan ShahYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from pimples problem from past 2 weeks I have used melas and no scars but later again they come what should I do. What could be the reason.
I am 21 year young guy and I have problems with my face I have lots of pimple and always my nose is looking red what to d to overcome this?
I was facing Dandruff problem, now I have tonsured my head the density of hair is less how to regrow my hair, that is the distance between two hair is more.
My is 22 and. My hair is so must lost pn please help for hair fall I m very tension in this and in head smal smal pimple wer there what the reason for this pls advice me for this as soon ass. Regards Hina.
I am suffering from skin infection on my face like acne and pimples. It jst seems to b ugly and odd. So tell me how can I get over to it.
If my hairs going longer day by day the hairs are going to curly which I do not like . So tel me the solution to get my hairs straight like normally hairs?
Sir I have dark complex sir please recommend me any good tube which I can use at night for glowing skin. Please help me.
My wife suffering from psoriasis for last 25 years and since one year with back pain she lost nearly 30 kgs weight. Frequent urinating with out conscious. Kindly advise.
My age is 28 years and have grey hair. I smoke =4/5 and booze. Have read that smoking causes black hair turn grey and have restricted the smoke count. Would like to know if there is any ayurvedic treatment to stop hair turning grey.
I get red and yellow pimples very often. I wash my face at least twice a day. I have a daily routine of traveling, cooking and going for work. What should I do to get a clear skin.
I have a normal skin. I don't have any pimples in my face but my face show some tanned colour on my forehead, nose and jaw. I have indian brown colour skin. I always use spectraban sunscreen after I get a severe problem due to my skin become sensitive with skin contact. Please give me solution to get a clear skin and even tone.
My friend is having hair fall problem for past one year. How can he control his hair fall and grow back his hair on the bald spots?
Having problem in my thigh since 1 year. Ring worn is there. I applied too many medicines but it is nat goin please help me to out from this skin bacterial disease.
I am 19 years old. Its the acne and their spots which has been troubling me from past two years now. And hasn't been resolved. I always think about this only and can't concerntrate at studies. Please help me!
Hello, I don't know what am I suffering from but still I am worried about my problem. I get usual breakouts with inflammation and pus inside it. These breakouts occur mostly around throat area ,cheek side near ear, at back. These leave dark spots in affected area. I'm a student, doing merchant navy and I don't know what to do. Even I tried Allopathic Doctor but it stops only when I take medicine but again comes back. I don't know why it can't be permanently cure. Even I stopped using chemical soaps, I use only Ayurvedic soaps but nothing is helpful. Pls help me with proper medication.
Stretch marks are white marks, which are caused due to distension of the skin. These appear on the skin as stubborn lines. The most common cause of stretch marks in women is pregnancy, and otherwise they may also appear on abdomen, thighs and limbs due to gaining or losing weight too quickly.
Causes of stretch marks:
Stretch marks appear when the skin suddenly expands due to which the skin loses its elasticity by stretching too much in a short time frame. This causes white, ugly lines on the skin. These are very difficult to tackle or remove unless you make some efforts to do so.
Home Remedies For Stretch Marks Removal:
Here are some natural ways, which can improve the appearance of the stretched skin a lot, and can fade out stretch marks over time.
- Applying castor oil on stretch marks and massaging for some 5 to 10 minutes help. After the massage, you should immediately wrap the area in a soft cloth and then apply hot-water bag or a hot pad on the skin over the cloth. Daily treatment for a month reduces stretch marks a lot.
- Daily massaging of the skin lightly with pure Aloe Vera gel, and then rinsing it with lukewarm water also gives good results.
- Apply egg whites on the area and leave them to dry. Then wash it with cold water. You should repeat this for at least 2 weeks.
- Use either pure lemon juice or a mixture of equal amounts of lemon and cucumber juice and apply the juice on the affected skin. Leave it for 10 minutes and then wash it with lukewarm water.
- Use sugar with a little almond oil and few drops of lemon juice to make a mixture. Use this everyday on skin to exfoliate the skin while bathing to see visibly lighter stretch marks.
- Potato juice is a good stretch marks remover. You should use this juice on skin daily before bathing and leave for some time.
- Daily massage with warm olive oil is a great remedy for the stretch marks.
- Drink a lot of water. As long as you keep your skin hydrated, you will find all other methods working great on the skin.
Medical Treatment for Removing Stretch Marks:
Laser Stretch Mark Removal: During a laser stretch mark removal procedure, a beam of light removes thin layers of skin around the stretch marks. Instead of burning or cutting the affected skin areas like other lasers, it uses high-energy ultraviolet laser light to disrupt the molecular bonds in the skin tissue, which causes the tissue to disintegrate in a process known as ablation. Once laser stretch mark removal is complete, stretch marks will have disappeared, and a renewed, healthy appearance will result.
Benefits of Laser Stretch Mark Treatment:
The most important benefit of laser stretch mark removal is its effectiveness. The treatment has a very high rate of patient satisfaction. It is also extremely safe; the excimer laser is precisely controlled, with little potential to cause injury.
Surgical Stretch Mark Removal: Surgical stretch mark removal is the only effective option for the complete and permanent elimination of stretch marks.
Other Stretch Mark Removal Treatments:
- Chemical Peels: Chemical peels are most commonly used on the face to treat wrinkles and age spots, but they can be used on other areas of the body for stretch mark removal.
- Microdermabrasion: Both microdermabrasion and chemical peels improve the appearance of stretch marks through the removal of the skin's top layers.
- Blue Light Therapy: Although more widely used for acne treatment, blue light therapy is sometimes used to improve the appearance of stretch marks.
Because stretch mark removal is customized to the individual patient, consulting a cosmetic dermatologist specializing in stretch mark removal is the best way to get information on your specific case.