Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Viral Fever Treatment
Anti Aging Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kanan Khatau ChikhalYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
V Sowbhagya Laxmi
Dr. Kanan Khatau Chikhal provides answers that are caring. Thanks for your suggestions. Pl advice for future
Dr. Kanan Khatau Chikhal provides answers that are knowledgeable, very helpful, thorough and practical. :)
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Kanan Khatau Chikhal to be caring. Thanks i will try that shampoo
Depression is a state of mind that adversely affects the way a person thinks, feels and behaves. It’s becoming an unpleasant existence in everyone’s life these days due to lot of factors such as:
- Competition with Others,
- Desires not getting fulfilled,
- Relationship related concerns,
- Performance Pressures,
- Societal Pressures etc.
In most cases, depression does not have a single cause. Rather, it results from a mix of factors i.e. your genes, events in your past, your current circumstances, and much more.
Depression, like many other behavioral health issues, has complex interacting Biological, Psychological, Social and Environmental contributing factors.
Depression in teenagers is very common owing to hormonal changes and increased stress of coping with studies and the social world. Genetic factors also play an important role in triggering depression in teenagers.
Signs and Symptoms:
- Persistent Sadness: Constant feeling of sadness irrespective of the company.
- Thoughts or attempts of suicide: Thinking that suicide will solve all problems.
- Fatigue: A state of decreased energy levels.
- Helplessness and Hopelessness: Living with a though that nothing will ever get better.
- Loss of interest in daily activities: Lack of interest in your hobbies, your favourite pastimes or social activities, or sex etc.
- Appetite or weight changes: Significant weight loss or weight gain.
- Sleeping disorders: Either insomnia, especially waking in the early hours of the morning, or oversleeping.
- Irritability: Low tolerance level.
- Loss of energy: Feeling fatigued, sluggish, and physically drained.
- Self-loathing: Feeling of worthlessness or guilt.
- Concentration Issues: Trouble focusing or remembering things.
Homeopathy For Depression-
Homeopathic remedies for depression in teenagers are no different from those used for treating depression in adults.
In the initial stages or in the milder forms or in people who are not aware of the disease, depression can go unidentified till its implications become too obvious. People often overlook it as a mere low mood or some start assuming it as a part of their psychological makeup. Even families or spouse start accommodating accordingly, thereby making identification of depression all the more difficult. Homeopathic treatment for depression is great form of alternative medicine and natural therapy for depression.
Advantages of using Homeopathy for Depression:
- The best part of homeopathic treatment is that the homeopathic medicines are totally side effect free and its long term use leads to no damage to the body. Homeopathic medicines also do not cause any sedation.
- The options in conventional treatments are either to take antidepressant medications or to remain depressed, however, homeopathic medicines are said to be side effect free and its long term use leads to no damage to the body. Homeopathic medicines also do not cause any sedation.
- There are lot of medications in homeopathy which are used, post understanding of the behaviour of a person; his/her complete biological and genetic status, his/her existing medical conditions.
- It is always recommended to consult a homeopath and not to go for self-medication, as it requires specific potencies of medicines for them to be effective on the medical condition.
Skin allergens such as immune system disorders, medicines, food, and infections can trigger an immune system response that characterizes in the form of a skin allergy. Although skin allergies such as bumps, itchy rashes, red patches and other conditions are commonly seen, identifying their cause isn't as straightforward sometimes.
Homeopathy identifies and treats the root cause of the allergy with oral medication instead of superficial medicines such as topical creams and treatments. To treat a skin allergy or problem, homeopathy keeps in mind the sufferer, not just the allergy or skin.
Common skin allergies can be effectively treated with suitable homeopathic treatments as listed below.
- Eczema - Also known as dermatitis, it affects children more than adults. Characterized by the red, itchy and irritated skin, an infection may cause the development of fluid oozing bumps. Eczema of the scalp affecting children can be treated with Calcarea Carb whereas Rhus-Tox (Toxicodendron) is used to treat red, itchy and swollen eruptions caused by eczema.
- Urticaria - Better known as hives, this condition is caused by the inflammation of the skin due to leakage of blood vessels. Those who suffer from itchy, swollen bumps or thickened skin as in the case of chronic urticaria, can be treated with Arsenicum. Hives with heavy menstruation may be treated with Belladona, while Urtica urens is better suited to hives of gastric origin.
- Psoriasis - It is characterized by red, itchy patches of skin covered with silvery scales. Plaque, guttate and pustular psoriasis are differentiated on the basis of location, appearance and severity. For guttate psoriasis, where the plaques are rounded and flakey, Arsenicum iodatum and Arsenicum album can be used while sulphur and graphites are also commonly prescribed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.