Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kamlesh SrivastavYour feedback matters!
Sir, my 4 years daughter can't speak, she can hear properly but cannot speak, she speaks only 2-3 words like mammi, kaka. What should I do, I consult the doctors they said she will speak. But as long as time is moving I am getting very upset. Please suggest some solution.
Colicky babies frequently draw up their knees up to the stomach and cry out, as if in pain or bend their back in the shape of an arch, clenching wrists hard
Colic cry: Too much irritability, excessive crying which tends to peak towards the evening, painful cry that is difficult to console. They may wake up abruptly and start crying
Always BURP the baby after every feed for 5-10min. Put them on shoulder in such a way that tummy presses on your shoulder, with your help, give a massage in a circular motion on the baby’s back with intermittent pressure and pat from in an upwards fashion
Warm water against belly: Fill a bottle with lukewarm water and wrap it in a towel. Give a gentle massage with it on the belly
Gentle massage: During body massage at the time of bath, apply oil on the tummy, and give a clockwise massage 3 times around the abdomen. Once done, flex the hips and gently press against abdomen, to release any gas accumulated
Make them lie on tummy across your lap and gently apply pressure on their back. (Clockwise movements upwards and then pat upwards)
You could also make the baby lie on their tummy across your tummy, in such a way that the baby’s tummy presses on yours and gently massage on their back
Rocking soothes babies: Hug them close to your chest and your heartbeat. Try gently bouncing up and down in this position while hugging your baby close
Avoid cows milk: Cows milk can be given, once the baby completes 1 year
Offer pacifier or allow baby to suck on her finger by gently putting it in the baby’s mouth
Bottle fed baby has tendency to get colic: Initially dilute the feed and try to increase the amount slowly
Nursing mums should avoid over spicy food, coffee, alcohol etc. Also avoid irregular feed timings. Try to reduce egg and fish in the nursing mother’s diet. Check out your daily food and correlate with baby’s colic. Choose your diet accordingly
Six S’s to be thought off:
2) Shooshing loudly in baby’s ear (similar to sound of running water, working vacuum, etc.)
3) Side laying
4) Stomach across forearm or lap
5) Swinging or rocking baby
6) Sucking Pacifier
IMPORTANT NOTE: DO NOT GIVE ANY PAIN KILLERS OR ANTISPASMODICS to colic babies.
SCOPE OF HOMOEOPATHY
Homoeopathy prescribes on symptoms in each individual case rather than on a general basis
Homoeopathy has excellent remedies for colic babies, which also helps in curing conditions such as assimilation and indigestion
It helps to improve the immature digestive system.
Totally free of side-effects
IMPORTANT NOTE: DO NOT GIVE ANY PAIN KILLERS OR ANTISPASMODICS to colic babies.
For queries feel free to send me private message.
Hi doctor my son have constipation problem from last 6 month before he was good but now this problem at high frequency, I have consulted my local doctor's but no relief and now my son scared to sit on pot please advise my a good and effective medicine for my child thanks.
I am 30 years old from vizag, after delivery I am suffering from oily skin and my skin was totally changed with too dark skin, I am working women and I have 10 months old baby girl I am not caring on my skin, so please suggest how to improve and how to get my fairness skin. Please suggest which soaps and which creams I have to purchase these two things I have easily buy it, due to my financial position.
Have you heard of a health condition in which there are insufficient red blood cells in your body for carrying sufficient oxygen to all parts of the body? This condition is called sickle cell anemia and it is an inherited form of anemia. Usually, the red blood cells in your body are round and flexible and move through the blood vessels easily. In case of sickle cell anemia, the red blood cells become sticky and rigid. They are shaped like crescent moon or sickle. Because of the irregular shape, these can get stuck in the blood vessels, which slows down the blood flow.
The only potential cure of sickle cell anemia is a bone marrow transplant. Other treatment measures focus on easing the symptoms and preventing further complications. The various treatment modes are as follows:
- Antibiotics: Children with sickle cell anemia can start taking antibiotic penicillin by the age of two months. This prevents infections like pneumonia. Even in the case of adults with sickle cell anemia, antibiotics help in fighting certain infections.
- Pain-relieving medications: Several over-the-counter pain relief medications may be prescribed by a doctor for reducing pain during a sickle cell crisis. Hydroxyurea is another type of medicine, which helps in reducing the frequency of pain.
- Vaccinations: Childhood vaccinations should be given for preventing the disease in children. These vaccinations are more important for children already affected with sickle cell anemia as they are more prone to infections. Vaccines such as the annual flu shot and the pneumococcal vaccine are important for adults suffering from sickle cell anemia.
- Blood transfusions: In case of a red blood transfusion, red blood cells are removed from a supply of blood that is donated. The donated cells are intravenously given to a sickle cell anemia patient. Blood transfusion increases the number of normal red blood cell count in circulation, giving relief to anemia. Regular blood transfusions are important for children with sickle cell anemia, who are highly prone to stroke.
- Stem cell transplant: A stem cell transplant or a bone marrow transplant involves the replacement of the bone marrow affected by sickle cell anemia with a healthy bone marrow given by a donor. This is a risky procedure and is only recommended for patients with sickle cell anemia at a chronic stage.
It is recommended for you to consult a doctor on experiencing any symptom of sickle cell anemia. This is a dangerous health condition and requires proper diagnosis and treatment before it gets out of your hands.
Baby 5.5 months old. Having uneven fever from past 10 days . After giving Meftal P, Its ok. It has to be given twice in 24 hours. Gums are swollen. Digestion ok.
In my child kaniska she was 5.5 years old. He was wheezing trouble for past 3 years. Now I was admitted in G.K hospital for high temperature fever, running nose on 06.09.16. Now the fever controlled but cough is increased at nighttime. Please give the solution for my child.
What Causes Eczema? Ways to Prevent Eczema Outbreaks
A skin inflammation, eczema, also known as atopic eczema, refers to the changes that occur in the upper skin layer. These skin changes can be thickened and cracked skin, skin redness, crusting of the affected area and swollen raw skin, among others. The exact cause of this skin condition is not yet known but a mix of factors have been found to be behind this health problem.
The factors that play a role in causing eczema are:
- Dry skin brings down your skin's ability to fend off irritants as well as allergy causing substances from entering your skin, resulting in an inflammatory condition.
- Genetics is also one of the factors that may affect the proper functioning of your skin as a barrier against harmful substances. Therefore, if either one of the parent or both suffers from the condition, it is very likely that their children too will suffer from it.
- Abnormal functioning of your body's immune system can also lead to this skin condition. This is because it's your body's immune system that fights off infections as well as harmful intruders.
- The presence of the bacteria called Staphylococcus aureus, which brings about sweat buildup, inflames the skin considerably, leading to this condition.
- Even environmental factors like pollen, cigarette smoke lead to the flaring of eczema.
How can you prevent an eczema outbreak?
It is very common for this skin condition to flare-up from time to time. But you can avoid such outbreaks or reduce their severity by following these very simple ways:
- Keep your skin well-moisturized so that it doesn't dry out causing further irritation.
- Sudden changes in temperature can cause the skin condition to break out. So, when the weather is hot, keep yourself cool but during cold weather, use a humidifier to prevent the skin from drying out.
- Keep sweating in check as it can cause an outbreak very easily
- Avoid the use of harsh detergents and soaps, woolen materials as well as the consumption of foods that may lead to flare-ups