Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kamini D Lakhiani
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kamini D LakhianiYour feedback matters!
Thyroid is a small butterfly shaped gland, which is present at the lower frontal region of the neck, right beneath the voice box. It produces hormones which regulate metabolism (the breakdown of food by the body to convert it into energy). It even plays a pivotal role in boosting organ functions as well as in helping the body to sustain heat. However, too much of hormone production by the thyroid gland might yield structural problems, for instance, growth of nodules (abnormal tissue growth) or cysts (non-cancerous sac-like structures containing fluid) and swelling. Hence, a thyroid surgery is a must once these problems occur. The surgery, administered with general anesthesia, eliminates the thyroid gland either wholly or partially.
Why do you need surgery?
- The presence of tumors or nodules on one’s thyroid gland is one of the reasons why one should go for the surgery. Although most of the nodules are benign, few can be pre-cancerous or cancerous too. Also, those benign nodules can spell trouble, if they expand in size, thus obstructing the throat. They can be problematic as well if they cause the thyroid gland to overproduce hormones, giving rise to a condition known as hyperthyroidism.
- Hyperthyroidism can be corrected through surgery. It is often an outcome of Grave’s disease, an autoimmune disorder wherein the body misidentifies the thyroid gland as a foreign body, thereby creating antibodies to combat it. The thyroid gland gets inflamed in the process, resulting in the overproduction of hormones.
- Another reason is the enlargement or swelling up of the thyroid gland, termed as goiter. Similar to large nodules, goiter too can clog the throat, thus interfering with one’s breathing, speaking and eating.
Types of Surgery
- Lobectomy: This procedure calls for partial removal of the lobes when a nodule or an inflammation affects just half of the thyroid gland.
- Subtotal Thyroidectomy: Here, a small proportion of the thyroid tissue is left behind even after the elimination of the thyroid gland.
- Total Thyroidectomy: Through this procedure, the entire thyroid gland is taken out along with the thyroid tissue. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist.
Hello Doctor, I am diabetic. I take tea 4-5 cup a day with sugar free. Can I take tea With sugar free daily. Does the sugar free has any side effect. Please tell.
Hello I am suffering from hairloss I was insisted to go for thyroid tests by doc and the results are as below please go through them and suggest me my thyroid status and is it the reason for. My hairloss. TOTAL TRIIODOTHYRONINE (T3) - 91 ng/dl TOTAL THYROXINE (T4)- 7.1 ug/dl Thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) - 5.58uIU/ml Please do needful.
I am a 21 year old woman, who has been overweight due to bad eating habits. I tried keto diet for 20 days, lost 7 kgs but came back to normal eating but healthy which includes carbs in the form of chapati and rice but in proportion. Within one month of leaving the diet, I gained back half of the weight I lost. Got my thyroid test done and T4 was within range but Tsh was 5.2, idk whether I suddenly got thyroid because of this diet and is it a serious issue due to my tsh being 5.2 wich is high? Do I wait for 3 months to get myself tested again or should I start with pills already?
Hello, I am 36 years old and its my first pregnancy, 30th week pregnancy going on, Recently I went through Sugar Test, FBS value is 81.3 mg/dl and PPBS value 154.6 mg/dl. This value was same as earlier test. Looking for advice which can be helpful. Pls suggest weather I have to visit diabetologist. Also pls advice weather I should go for HBA1C test or not. In this situation can I take fruits or not like apple, banana, guava, pomegranate. Also I would like to know what should be my daily diet..
I have a breathing problem while taking food I can't swallow l have thyroid problem and my hemoglobin is 8.7.
I am 50 years old. Since 2 years I am suffering with tingling numbness in legs and some times in hands also. My after food sugar is 165. And fasting nil. Please guide me.
Sir my father is suffered from paralysis since 2003 after the recovery they become quite well but previous when we come from my village in January on bus there body immediately does not working quite but physically there are not any damage. After the test it is found that he became a diabetes patient and after that treatment going on from cuttack. And the following medicines are continue. DIABETONERAMISTAR H5CLOPITABMINIPRESS XL 5mgTONACT10 now they are quite for a moment (behosh) my question is that what are the reason behind it and what the solution and also give comment on treatment and medicine is medicine are sufficient good also give suggestions as well as possible.
1. I am a diabetic. Can this be reversed. 2. My penis is covered with the skin. Can this is corrected ?
The idea here is not to give a diabetic a restricted or reduced diet but a well planned meal/diet.