Find numerous Physiotherapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. KambeYour feedback matters!
I am 14 year make and I got my back injured when I fell in school ground while playing kabaddi. My pain is from 1 week. What should I do to reduce my pain?
I am 48 year male, when I start walking, after about a couple of minutes by right leg gets cramped from foot right up to the hip for about a minute with a bit of pain and then is normal again for a long period. It happens once or twice in a day. Please advise.
I am a 20 year old boy and I have a backpain from last 15 days . I have tried my types of creams and tubes but it is been unsuccessful so what should I do now?
I am a boy 18years old. I am addicted to masturbation. I do it twice a daily. My bones become weak it give sound and pain when I move my haNd or leg. Help me.
Ayurveda is a very old system of medicine, which originated in India. Using herbs found in nature to cure various illnesses, knee pain can also be permanently cured with this method indigenous to India. It reduces knee pain caused by various illnesses including arthritis, inflammation of the cartilage and wearing of the patella among others.
Here are some common Ayurvedic remedies, which help reduce knee pain:
- Alfalfa: Alfalfa is medically known as Medicago Sativa. Alfalfa is excellent for making sure that your joint pain reduces, when taken in liquid form four times a day.
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is medically known as Withania Somnifera. In the West, Ashwagandha is popularly known as Winter Cherry. Also, it has a lot of therapeutic properties, which include reducing joint pains.
- Banyan: The Banyan tree's medical name is Ficus Benghalensis. It has a sap very similar to the form of rubber known as latex is derived from the Banyan tree. The Banyan tree's sap is externally applied over the joints and the pain usually disappears after a few regular applications.
- Bishop's weed: The medical name for Bishop's weed is Trachyspermum Ammi. The oil extracted from this herb is usually applied to the knees to reduce the intensity of such knee pains.
- Celery: The medical name for celery is Apium Graveolens. Celery is not only an effective treatment for rheumatoid arthritis and associated pains in the knees, but it is also helpful in treating gout. It is usually agreed upon that this particular treatment is usually long lasting because of its alkaline nature.
- Dandelion: Dandelion's biological name is Taraxacum Officinale. It is rich in magnesium and is crucial for the correct mineralization of the bones. This mineralization allows the bones to become stronger and also prevents knee pain.
- Garlic: The medical name for garlic is allium sativum. Five to six cloves eaten everyday has proved to reduce knee pains.
- Ginger: Ginger is biologically called Zingiber Officinale. These can be easily included in your diet and go a long way in curbing knee pain.
Related Tip: "All About Knee Pain"
I think my foot (both legs) is weak as whenever I walk too much or exercise they start paining and the pain is more specific to the heel area. What should I do to make them stronger?
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated? What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems? What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
My sister is having hard pain near right shoulder and hand. We have taken several medicine like nerve healing and vit D. No relief. Then we admitted her for 4 days during which she was given a several pain Killer. After that we have done MRI and many x-ray and everything is normal. Now we are back to home again .and still there is a pain. We already spent 25000 rs and no relief. Any idea what is going on? And please I want professional and expert solution. Don't give ok type advice. It's serious.
Ankylosing spondylitis (AS) is a type of arthritis that affects the spine. This chronic disease is caused due to inflammation of the joints in the spine and usually affects young men. It causes the vertebrae to grow or fuse together, causing a rigid spine. Actually, it affects the discs in between the vertebral column. These discs get swollen, causing a limitation of spine motility. It is an autoimmune disorder and its symptoms are lower back pain and stiffness, which usually moves to the legs.
- The deformity due to AS can be mild or severe. In extreme cases, the patient gets a stooped spine.
- Early diagnosis can prevent significant deformity as well as help in controlling the pain and stiffness.
- Allopathy doesn’t really know the real reasons for this disease and here is where Ayurveda scores.
- According to Ayurveda, AS is caused due to aggravated vata or wind, which causes an imbalance in vata dosha.
Ayurvedic treatment starts with detoxification and elimination of toxins. It relies heavily on the right diet and lifestyle as well as Ayurvedic herbal preparations. The panchakarma techniques called kati vasti, sarvangadhara and patrapinda svedana are very beneficial too. The basic explanation for the disorder is that AS occurs due to an accumulation of ama or toxins in the body. Where ever ama deposits in the body, pain is caused. Ayurvedic treatments aim at digesting the ama by using herbs as medicine and balancing the aggravated vata.
- Herbs used in the treatment of AS are dry ginger (saunth), guggul, turmeric, fenugreek, ashwagandha and giloy. Gugul, curcumin, amlaki, haritaki, and ashwagandha are all very effective in treating AS.
- Avoid getting constipated and ensure proper evacuation of bowels.
- Include ghee in your diet for lubrication and for lowering the vata dosha.
- Apply heat on the affected areas to control the pain and stiffness.
- Eat light foods and strictly avoid oily foods and curd which increase ama.
- Avoid sleeping during the daytime.
- Yoga asanas like pawana muktasana, bhujangasana, dhanurasana, paschimottanasana and vakrasana should be practised regularly.
- The practice of pranayamas such as and shodhana, chandrabhedi sheethali and bhramari also helps.
- Chewing 2–3 raw garlic buds on an empty stomach in the morning with water helps in alleviating lumbar pain in AS.
- Use a powdered preparation of dried ginger root, celery seeds and cumin seeds in equal quantities with rock salt for taste, and have one teaspoon of this mixture with warm water at bedtime to reduce flatulence as well as lumbar stiffness. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
I have unbearable pain in my leg. I don't go to the gym as well. Sometimes it's in both legs, sometimes it's in only one leg. Plus my body hair have started to grow very rapidly than the normal days. Can you suggest me what should be done?
I have a problem of leg pain from so long. It feels like that my legs are too tired. What is this problem and how can I get solve this.
I have recently getting pain in left knee inside it wen I get up from squatting position since 3 weeks ,no history of fall wat to do?
Hello doctor my self Raman singh I am 35 year old man I have back pain problem last two months what should I do please tell me doctor.
Sir/Ma'am I am suffering from sciatic pain for more then a year now, tried many medications but no action.
I am suffering from back and lower abdomen pain for the last one month, doctor suspected appendix but he is unable to give answer for pain at kidney area. KUB / USG done but nothing appear. Now doctor asking me to under go operation of appendix. Kindly suggest that will help me to solve my pain at kidney area.
I am a 21 years old male and I am suffering from neck pain and back ache from 1 year. What should I do?
Avoid sitting for long time to prevent muscles to get spasms or stiffen and to avoid accumulation of adipose tissues as it may increase the risk of developing waistline
Hence try to do small movements involving hip rotation and moving around for at least 15 minutes every three hours to ensure occupational strain in the joints and to ensure better metabolism