Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. KambattYour feedback matters!
I am trying to conceive since the past year. Bt not able to. Done husbands HSA. Fructose test was negative. What does that mean. Is it relevant to my pregnancy? Does the fructose negative test affect male fertility. His sperm count is 138 million.
Mam me 34 weeks pregnant hu and mujhe bahot cold and caugh bht ho raha hai so please give me best solution.
She has missed her m c which was on 6th March. She is pregnant but suffering from cold for last 2 days. What should she do to become healthy? We do not want any harm to baby.
I am 24 weeks pregnant. For 1st tym I had white discharge followed by slight abdominal cramps and back pain for short tym. I went to a gyn. She prescribed me duphaston 10 mg daily for 20 days. I want to know is this medicine safe to take. What is the purpose of this ?will it harm my baby? I have history of myomectomy for subserosa fibroid and pcos.
Me and my husband had sex after one and half year no pain or bleeding on that day for me but after 2 days I saw bleeding I taught I got my periods but the bleeding was stopped from on that day onwards bleeding is seen not regularly little bit little bit is show now I am having 20 months baby is there any problem for me will you suggest any medicine for me.
14 weeks pregnancy, placenta is anterior lower end just reaching upto internal OS. Grade 1maturity. Is this cause of worry? / precautions? Wat grade 1means?
I had my mens cycle in 34 days last month. I usually have 38 days cycle in every month. I started my pregaplan ovulation test in 16th day n repeat in 17th day but got negative result. 17th day T line was lighter than 16th day line. So I expect henceforth and what to do. Another issue I feel left side abdomen pain in every month before 8 10 days of my period. I have PCOS problem also. Can it be cure.
Im 25 years old. I have tsh 6.32 taking eltroxin 50 mcg. Got married. Will I get pregnancy? R will b any complications? My weight is 58 kgs height is 5.4 feet. What care should I take to get proper pregnancy.
For Gynecologists: I am very scared. please help. Please be patient and read the entire data. Sir/Maam I got physically involved with my girlfriend for the first time on 27th august. For precautions she took ipill (ecp) after 7 hours of intercourse. After four days I.e on 1 September she started bleeding although it was NOT her period date and the bleeding continued for four days. After that with her first morning urine she did four home urine pregnancy test after 21,28, 35 and ,42 days of Intercourse. All the results came NEGATIVE. Her periods had still not started yet. Please tell do we still have to worry about pregnancy and can these test be wrong even after 42 days of Intercourse. We are very tensed. Please help.
I have white discharge problem for 8 years. I tried so many natural treatments and consulted so many doctors. Even scan report and blood test became normal but it still continuing. There is no use of normal treatments and tablets. What is the solution for this problem?
Hi my question is the till how many months is it safe to have sex while you are pregnant and which is the best pose.
Hepatitis is a medical condition in which the liver gets inflamed due to the action of a virus mostly. The type of treatment for this condition is decided according to the type and the root cause behind the condition. There are 5 types of viral hepatitis as described below:
- Hepatitis A- This type of viral hepatitis develops due to an infection from Hepatitis A virus. Consumption of contaminated food and water can result in this condition. Hepatitis A cannot be treated but vaccination helps in preventing its development.
- Hepatitis B- Infection due to Hepatitis B virus results in this condition. Contact with infected body fluids like saliva, blood or semen, sharing razors with infected people, having sexual contact with an infected person etc. increases the chances of suffering from this condition in a person.
- Hepatitis C- It is a type of viral hepatitis which develops due to an infection from Hepatitis C virus. Direct contact with infected body fluids, sexual contact, and drug use through injection may result in the development of this condition.
- Hepatitis D- Infection from the Hepatitis D virus may result in this severe liver disease known as Hepatitis D or Delta hepatitis. Direct contact with infected blood or a puncture would result in the development of such a condition.
- Hepatitis E- Spread of Hepatitis E virus, due to poor sanitation (leading to ingestion of fecal matter) may result in this waterborne disease known as Hepatitis E.
Here are some things you can do in order to prevent viral hepatitis
1. Avoid consuming contaminated food and water - Maintaining proper hygiene is very important in order to prevent viral hepatitis. Especially if you are living in or travelling to a developing country, you must avoid drinking local water, eating raw fruits and vegetables without washing them, having seafood or having ice.
2. Avert contamination of blood - In order to prevent viral hepatitis due to blood contamination, sharing of razors, sharing of drug needles must be avoided. Using somebody else's toothbrush must also be avoided. Spilled blood should not be touched by anyone. It can become a cause of viral hepatitis in him/her due to blood contamination.
3. Vaccinate yourself - For Hepatitis A and B, vaccines have been developed. You can safeguard yourself from these forms of hepatitis by vaccinating yourself. However for Hepatitis C, D, and E, vaccines are yet to be developed.
I am 21 years old. I'm suffering from lucorie and my weight is not improving how I relief from this disease.
I am 10 weeks pregnant and I don't feel like I am pregnant. No vomits or vomit sensations. No other symptoms too but I am pregnant of 10 weeks. My stomach is a bit grown and I suffer alot from back pain. Is back pain common during my stage. And why am I not getting or feeling any other symptoms. Is my baby healthy. Because I have heard it if vomits happen baby is healthy. So I am worried please help me with it.
Birth control is a method by which unwanted pregnancy is prevented. Partners can plan their childbearing in a better way using the increased levels of awareness about birth control.
Methods of birth control:
- Intrauterine devices (IDUs): These are most effective methods of birth control. The intrauterine device (IUD) is a long-acting and reversible form of contraception for women. It is of two types: Copper IUD (contains copper) and Hormone-releasing IUDs (progestin hormone is released into the womb slowly). It is a small device that is fitted inside the womb and it provides contraception by preventing fertilization of the egg.
- Sterilization: This is a process of birth control that renders a woman incapable of conception or a man incapable of sperm delivery. The process is conducted with the consent of the individual and can be done using either surgical or non-surgical methods. In both the cases, tubes carrying sperms (in males) and fallopian tubes (females) are either cut or blocked.
- Condoms: These are the most commonly used measures for birth control. Male and female condoms act as barriers and prevent the sperm from reaching the uterus.
- Oral contraceptive pills: These pills are the most popular measures of birth control used by women across the world. This is the most convenient way of postponing pregnancy. However, it is very important that the side effects of the contraceptive pills be noted. The side effects cause changes in the body, such as irregular bleeding, increase in the breast's size increased levels of blood pressure as well as eventual infertility.
- Contraceptive Injections: In this method, one hormone injection is administered, the effects of which last inside the body for a time period of 8 to 12 weeks i.e. 2-3 months. The contraceptive injection has the similar effects as that of contraceptive pills on birth control. Evidently, the shot is irreversible, which makes the woman infertile for a period of three months. However, similar to the pill, protection from STDs is not offered by contraceptive injections. But these injections can guarantee 99% safety and surety on being used.
- Natural Family Planning: Even though it is not any external pill or device, Natural Family Planning is also a method of birth control. It relies on the knowledge of timings of the menstrual cycle (periods) so that the couple can avoid sex during the time period when the woman is fertile. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
We suggest that women should get a health check-up done even before trying for pregnancy, as any other medical conditions needs to be treated before trying for pregnancy.